THE BROWNS BOARD

Looks like it will be sooner than we thought

Westside Steve

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I prefer to take the long view Steve. Empires come, empires go. Alexander the Great. Greece, Rome. Genghis Kahn. Spain, England. America. Yup- our time of Global dominance is coming to an end.  In reply to Axe-  my POV is from one of my favorite movies of all time "Network".  The Chinese can now come back and buy us out with our own money. Mr. Deficit Hawk talking here. In the history of the world, our zillion trillion national debt (around $330k for every person in the country) has never been paid off without hyper-inflating the currency. I hope you have a good stock of gold, silver, or diamonds as an inflation hedge when the crunch comes.  

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I prefer to take the long view Steve. Empires come, empires go. Alexander the Great. Greece, Rome. Genghis Kahn. Spain, England. America. Yup- our time of Global dominance is coming to an end.  In reply to Axe-  my POV is from one of my favorite movies of all time "Network".  The Chinese can now come back and buy us out with our own money. Mr. Deficit Hawk talking here. In the history of the world, our zillion trillion national debt (around $330k for every person in the country) has never been paid off without hyper-inflating the currency. I hope you have a good stock of gold, silver, or diamonds as an inflation hedge when the crunch comes.  

Always smart to go with the long-term especially if it sets any measures for proving your point well past our life expectancy. No Doubt the market will rise and fall often during the short term.

But it's easy enough to look at history and the trajectory of every country or society that has been at the top of the food chain over the last few hundred years.

As the United States continues to regulate itself and unionize itself out of prosperity the Chinese are more than happy to pick up the slack. Like we did after World War II. Nothing lasts forever. Another reason to oppose the Paris Accord.

But you and I will be dead before the United States is a third-world shithole crawling on our needs to China for scraps of bread. Of course in our age that time Is mentioned in years not centuries. So if you are cheering on the exchange of power and the United States taking a knee to the Chicoms I guess it explained your love for the Biden Administration.

But like I tell my liberal friends who implore me to care about global warming because of our children "I don't have children and I don't like yours.."

😁

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Always smart to go with the long-term especially if it sets any measures for proving your point well past our life expectancy. No Doubt the market will rise and fall often during the short term.

But it's easy enough to look at history and the trajectory of every country or society that has been at the top of the food chain over the last few hundred years.

As the United States continues to regulate itself and unionize itself out of prosperity the Chinese are more than happy to pick up the slack. Like we did after World War II. Nothing lasts forever. Another reason to oppose the Paris Accord.

But you and I will be dead before the United States is a third-world shithole crawling on our needs to China for scraps of bread. Of course in our age that time Is mentioned in years not centuries. So if you are cheering on the exchange of power and the United States taking a knee to the Chicoms I guess it explained your love for the Biden Administration.

But like I tell my liberal friends who implore me to care about global warming because of our children "I don't have children and I don't like yours.."

😁

WSS

It's similar to the reason, I guess, why I just don't care how many boomers die of covid

I want to learn
Chinese (Mandarin)
3 MONTHS
Chinese
(Mandarin)
$ 11
/Month
$35.97 due today
BUY
12 MONTHS
Unlimited Languages
$ 7
/Month
$179 $95.88 due today
BUY
Best Value!
LIFETIME
Unlimited Languages
$ 199
once

BUY
LIFETIME PLUS
Unlimited Languages
$ 299
includes 12 months of Unlimited Group Coaching
BUY

Subscriptions automatically renew at the full retail price (plus tax) then in effect. For Lifetime Plus, the 12-months of Unlimited Group Coaching full retail price is currently $129. Turn off auto-renewal at anytime. Monthly amount is illustrative. Prices in USD. *

PURCHASE WITH CONFIDENCE
30-Day Money Back Guarantee.*

Binge more with Unlimited Languages

• Add structure to learning with optional plans that are tailored to your goals
  • Get the accent juuuuust right with instant feedback on your pronunciation
  • Make it manageable with bite-sized lessons you can do at your own pace
  • And immerse yourself in real-life scenarios, not endless flashcards
  • Make new friends and practice grammar, vocabulary, and more with Live Lessons, all with the help of an expert language coach.
  • Learn faster, grow more confident, and stay engaged with Live Group Coaching. Enjoy unlimited sessions with purchase of Lifetime Plus.