THE BROWNS BOARD

Biden kills 70,000+ U.S. jobs with the stroke of a pen

Vambo

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Steve- it would be nice if the right wing of this forum would just STOP with the TDS already.

That’s actually a good idea but not, I’m sure, from the reasons you think so.☆

I won't quote your entire post Steve. At least you have coherent and well thought out reasons as to why you disagree. That's politics.  Unlike the ton of right wing Red State, Newsmax et al propaganda that gets spewed here as factual.    

BTW- Should Jim Jordan decides to run for Portman's Senate seat, there's no way in hell I'll ever vote for that Trump ass kisser. If Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley would oppose him- my vote will be "none of the above".  :)  

So I guess you can label me as "an independent voter" now. I won't back anyone who's associated with Trumpism.... Yeah- that means Cruz and Hawley too....  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Broad brush, sorry.

A lot of unions have corruption and piss poor leadership .

Most unions need a complete restructuring and pension protection if that even possible.

I'm sure that's true in some unions, the leadership aspect. It's up to the members to elect the right leader(s), and many are indifferent, then complain when things don't go well. 

From my experience, union membership was great. The worry to me now are these politicians, who ironically form their own "union" on Capitol Hill or the statehouse, and try to harm unions with legislation. 

42 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm sure that's true in some unions, the leadership aspect. It's up to the members to elect the right leader(s), and many are indifferent, then complain when things don't go well. 

From my experience, union membership was great. The worry to me now are these politicians, who ironically form their own "union" on Capitol Hill or the statehouse, and try to harm unions with legislation. 

You can look at almost any union trade and see what “poor leadership “ has done to the members and their pensions.

Meanwhile they spend the members money telling them how to vote.

they’re important but need reform

This doddling old man received 80 million votes?

I hate it when I can’t find the case of pens right in front of my fucking face!

BTW, only a dictator would sign 37 Executive Orders in 6 days...not a President.

9 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Stage 4 TDS..........

Stage 10 DDS... FWIW, the Republican party ceased to exist tonight- at least in any recognizable form. The spineless Retrumplicans voted 45-5  to give their leader another "Get out of Jail Free" card. You can incite an insurrection where people died, just get out of town before they can put the hammer down on you. 

Peachy is probably out of the woods now on the FEDERAL  level. State level? Stay tuned. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Stage 10 DDS... FWIW, the Republican party ceased to exist tonight- at least in any recognizable form. The spineless Retrumplicans voted 45-5  to give their leader another "Get out of Jail Free" card. You can incite an insurrection where people died, just get out of town before they can put the hammer down on you. 

Peachy is probably out of the woods now on the FEDERAL  level. State level? Stay tuned. 

Most likely they voted that way because Democrats are stupid and brought an inpreachment trial with no chance of winning or being considered constitutional. It remains to be seen if the five who dissented are helped or hurt in their re-election bids. Call me a cynic but I completely believe they were planning on TDS being a plus for them or at least a shield against persecution for the mainstream media Monopoly. We shall see.

Of course most Americans are stupid fickle and have extremely short memories. Oh maybe somebody will still have the Trump hatred burning and their souls in two years those people are lunatics.

WSS

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Your TDS convinced you that he would be 'removed' (even though he is no longer President).   You should join the Progressive Party with AOC and the others.  You would fit right in.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Respect-Quotes-6.jpg

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Most likely they voted that way because Democrats are stupid and brought an inpreachment trial with no chance of winning or being considered constitutional. It remains to be seen if the five who dissented are helped or hurt in their re-election bids. Call me a cynic but I completely believe they were planning on TDS being a plus for them or at least a shield against persecution for the mainstream media Monopoly. We shall see.

Of course most Americans are stupid fickle and have extremely short memories. Oh maybe somebody will still have the Trump hatred burning and their souls in two years those people are lunatics.

WSS

I'll just point out the vast majority of constitutional scholars (with one dissention) say that holding an Impeachment trial after the person has left office- there's nothing in the Constitution that says you can't. I'm sure you're aware there's historical precedent too. When one of Grant's crooks resigned, the House Impeached him and had a trial anyway.  

Trump was impeached while he was still in office. Now if Pelosi and company had tried to impeach Trump January 21st or later, I'd 100% be on board it's a non-starter.  

8 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Your TDS convinced you that he would be 'removed' (even though he is no longer President).   You should join the Progressive Party with AOC and the others.  You would fit right in.

LOL, he's already "removed".  But if convicted, he can be banned from ever holding office again. I've seen some question if convicted- the Senate could pull his Secret Service Protection detail and pension on top of it.   It's moot, because the Senate Retrumplicans are almost certainly going to ignore their oath to the Constitution, and declare their undying love (or fear) for an insurrectionist wannabe dictator. 

Nah, I certainly don't like the extreme left branch of the Democrats. OTOH, I'm not overly fond of QAnon, the Oath Keepers, and those other extreme right wing nut jobs either. It pains me to see Rob Portman get blasted here for just trying to be a moderate voice of reason. 

29 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll just point out the vast majority of constitutional scholars (with one dissention) say that holding an Impeachment trial after the person has left office- there's nothing in the Constitution that says you can't.

I know they're probably isn't. So what's your mark

I'm sure you're aware there's historical precedent too. When one of Grant's crooks resigned, the House Impeached him and had a trial anyway.  

yeah how did that work out?

Trump was impeached while he was still in office. Now if Pelosi and company had tried to impeach Trump January 21st or later, I'd 100% be on board it's a non-starter.  

at least a good portion of my guess would be that every politician in the House and Senate are looking at this as setting a very dangerous precedent for the next time the other party has the majority. (by the way I think 12 people on a jury might possibly try  to be just  I have no such opinion  of politicians) As I said before only somebody who's clinically stupid crazy or at least obsessed could read the president's statement as a call to violence. But if it could woth a one vote majority I'm sure you people would do it. But Joe Biden and Barack Obama should be thinking very seriously about the influence-peddling which is pretty clear after 2022.

like the new standard of the nuclear 51-vote standard, that toothpaste is going to be hard to put back in the tube. As much as it might amuse me to see Nancy Pelosi Kamaltoe and Joe Biden dragged out of the Capitol in cuffs it's just going to make our rotten government stink even worse.

WSS

that is stupid. TDS'ers don't care about our Constutition anyways.

outside of that - the Constitution most certain DOES address it -

it just isn't as obvious as being slapped in the face.

Which only TDS'ers get.

But lefties only FEEL emotions, they don't THINK. But they FEEL like they are "gods", because they

worship their own feelings. Why, you make them unhappy, and you will be cancelled. or your family threatened.

or. you get warning points on some forum.

" The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. "

so, if you are not the president, you cannot be impeached.

So, Hoorta's fake heroes are either imaginary or fake news.

But let's not stop there:

"Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law. "

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

that is stupid. TDS'ers don't care about our Constutition anyways.

outside of that - the Constitution most certain DOES address it -

it just isn't as obvious as being slapped in the face.

Which only TDS'ers get.

But lefties only FEEL emotions, they don't THINK. But they FEEL like they are "gods", because they

worship their own feelings. Why, you make them unhappy, and you will be cancelled. or your family threatened.

or. you get warning points on some forum.

" The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. "

so, if you are not the president, you cannot be impeached.

So, Hoorta's fake heroes are either imaginary or fake news.

But let's not stop there:

"Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law. "

You miss the point Cal- that Trump WAS in office when he was impeached?  

The Republicans certainly have missed the definition of inciting an insurrection against the government. Donnie gets his second "get out of jail free" card, courtesy of his Senate lemmings. But besides NY and a few sexual harassment charges that he can't hide from anymore- I'll just let the legal system play out.... 

"disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States" that's the point duh!!!   Convict Trumpster- and he can play golf for the rest of his life down Florida way. 

You certainly twist the Constitution to suit your right wing purposes. 

and you emotionally twist TDS rationalization like Chubby Checker with ants in his pants. The

second impeachment was a fake, a sham, with no testimony, no evidence, and if you support that....

but he isn't president NOW. so the "trial" is UNConstitutional. the House acted solely politically, it was

a legal sham and a whole lot of democrats know it. And making a point with a partial quote is TDS.

and you have it really, really, really bad.respect-is-earned-not-demanded-quotes.jp