THE BROWNS BOARD

Biden kills 70,000+ U.S. jobs with the stroke of a pen

Vambo

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Get ready for some thru the roof inflation.

seriously, it will happen. Gradually build up some reserves.

gas prices just jumped about 25 cents already.

10 hours ago, nickers said:

So where are all of the Demonratz?? You seriously cannot defend this POS work...

To a certain extent- I can... You do realize the XL pipeline was cancelled once- already. Only brought back by the "I don't give a flying fuck about the environment" Donald Trump.  Initially, I was on the side of- bad idea to cancel XL.  Then I did my homework. I'll break it down word by word.  "Alberta" "tar" "sands".  Alberta-  hey, I'm not ever going to see it- so why should I care if wilderness gets destroyed sucking this stuff out of the ground? "Tar" This stuff isn't exactly West Texas or Brent crude. It's low grade crap needing extensive refining  that wasn't remotely profitable to go looking for until lately. "Sands" Walked on a beach recently?  Sand can't totally be removed from the stuff before it's transported. Besides being acidic, that sand will wear holes through any pipe it's pumped through- in fairly short order. In the case of XL over areas where a break would be an environmental disaster. That sludge doesn't float. Finally- there's currently not a huge need for Canadian sludge. 

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

they may never admit their media created HATE is wrong.

That would discredit their emotional knee jerk existence.

Like this thread being a big right wing knee jerk?  Those poor laid off pipeline and wall builders will be able to get jobs pretty soon with Biden's infrastructure plan. You know- the one Trump promised as his big plan to improve roadways- that he never delivered on. Or his "improvement" to Obamacare. Or like Mexico paying for his billion(s) dollar(s) xenophobic boondoggle wall?   :D 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

To a certain extent- I can... You do realize the XL pipeline was cancelled once- already. Only brought back by the "I don't give a flying fuck about the environment" Donald Trump.  Initially, I was on the side of- bad idea to cancel XL.  Then I did my homework. I'll break it down word by word.  "Alberta" "tar" "sands".  Alberta-  hey, I'm not ever going to see it- so why should I care if wilderness gets destroyed sucking this stuff out of the ground? "Tar" This stuff isn't exactly West Texas or Brent crude. It's low grade crap needing extensive refining  that wasn't remotely profitable to go looking for until lately. "Sands" Walked on a beach recently?  Sand can't totally be removed from the stuff before it's transported. Besides being acidic, that sand will wear holes through any pipe it's pumped through- in fairly short order. In the case of XL over areas where a break would be an environmental disaster. That sludge doesn't float. Finally- there's currently not a huge need for Canadian sludge. 

Like this thread being a big right wing knee jerk?  Those poor laid off pipeline and wall builders will be able to get jobs pretty soon with Biden's infrastructure plan. You know- the one Trump promised as his big plan to improve roadways- that he never delivered on. Or his "improvement" to Obamacare. Or like Mexico paying for his billion(s) dollar(s) xenophobic boondoggle wall?   :D 

You're out of your mind...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

I was under the impression you thought this wasn't a good idea. It would be nice if you could discuss something without the TDS. I understand a lot of people said that they voted for Biden because of their distaste for trouble. I don't think that's a good idea but I can accept that reasoning. That doesn't mean you have to pretend to support everything Biden does now. 

And aside from Justice pouting a talking point I think you can differentiate between legal and illegal immigration. Or at least one would hope oh, regardless of the wall.

WSS

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I was under the impression you thought this wasn't a good idea. It would be nice if you could discuss something without the TDS. I understand a lot of people said that they voted for Biden because of their distaste for trouble. I don't think that's a good idea but I can accept that reasoning. That doesn't mean you have to pretend to support everything Biden does now. 

And aside from Justice pouting a talking point I think you can differentiate between legal and illegal immigration. Or at least one would hope oh, regardless of the wall.

WSS

and he says he was a conservative republican?

baloney. that was trojan horse political persuasion knee jerkie.

10 hours ago, nickers said:

You're out of your mind...

Nah- FWIW, there's a bunch of people on the right side of the fence here that I think are totally certifiable. That's why the odds of getting something accomplished are about zilch- too much name calling.  

I'll leave the politics out of it. the XL pipeline is a BAD idea, and currently unnecessary project. Yeah, I'm largely pro-environment- but don't try labelling me a tree hugger either. You don't drill in the ANWR, or start importing Canadian tar sludge until you have no other option. Alternative energy may not be an absolute necessity now but it's coming sooner than the deniers would care to admit. When the oil is gone, it's gone. It took hundreds of millions of years to lay down, and we're going to burn through it in a couple of centuries. Look where we're drilling- North Slope of Alaska. Oceans in two miles of water. Mother Nature is giving us a warning. Ignore it at our own risk. 

39 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Nah- FWIW, there's a bunch of people on the right side of the fence here that I think are totally certifiable. That's why the odds of getting something accomplished are about zilch- too much name calling.  

I'll leave the politics out of it. the XL pipeline is a BAD idea, and currently unnecessary project. Yeah, I'm largely pro-environment- but don't try labelling me a tree hugger either. You don't drill in the ANWR, or start importing Canadian tar sludge until you have no other option. Alternative energy may not be an absolute necessity now but it's coming sooner than the deniers would care to admit. When the oil is gone, it's gone. It took hundreds of millions of years to lay down, and we're going to burn through it in a couple of centuries. Look where we're drilling- North Slope of Alaska. Oceans in two miles of water. Mother Nature is giving us a warning. Ignore it at our own risk. 

image.png.2d1be8d4016760982496c96e51dba8a7.png

• Haha 1

I’m not sure l know enough to have an opinion one way or the other on this, so l appreciate anyone who provided theirs with supporting information. 

I’m not a fan of allowing the project to get where it is and then pulling the rug out. I imagine bids have bern placed, contracts signed, materials produced, and countless hours committed to the project. That said, l don’t know how far into the project we actually were.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll just leave you with this... All fuel needs to be refined...

14 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Steve- it would be nice if the right wing of this forum would just STOP with the TDS already. Lame, lame, lame. There's probably at least a hundred or so valid reasons to hate Trump. I can start with Coal Miner's Son Trump- arguably the most anti-environmental president since the EPA came into existence. I stated some damn facts, about the aggrandizing BS regarding the Wall, replacing Obamacare with something better, and his non-existent infrastructure plan. Go ahead- so where am I factually wrong on any of it? He's not God, though some around here think his shit don't stink.  

1) Numerous posts have shown (and proven) Trump is the person who's deranged. Not those of us who dare to point it out. Tex showed based on a test- Trump is a sociopath. That his narcissism is out of control isn't debatable. Mr. Pathological Liar racked up 30,500 lies and change before he got exiled to Mar a Lago.  Swell guy. Couldn't admit Joe beat him fair and square. Called his minions to DC- and then you know what happened. Not his fault? My ass it isn't.  

2) The difference between legal and illegal immigration is Trump and the xenophobes trying to shut the barn door after the horses got out. Read where there's at least 11 million illegals living in the country, some old enough to have kids that are native born right here in the USA. Sorry, kicking them out isn't happening. The other point is back in the 1850s ramping that up to 2020 population- you'd have 42 million immigrants here.  Irish decent Steve? I had a talk with a Ranger down at the Towpath Visitor Center. That canal was dug by hand by Irish immigrants who got paid around a dime a day and a shot of whisky after work. They died on an average of one per mile. 

3) There's TONS of BDS (Biden Derangement Syndrome) HDS (Harris Derangement syndrome) Ah gee- you don't like Kameltoe? I don't like Cheetos- fair enough?  DDS (Democrat Derangement Syndrome) going on here. One guy- you know who- is still living 4 years in the past bashing Obama. 

Finally- though I do like most, if not all of Joe's executive orders undoing the worst of Trump's mistakes, I'm not going to back him 100%.  It's amazingly hypocritical of Republicans turning into deficit hawks on a dime, when Trump's tax cuts for his rich buddies ballooned the deficit- even with the economy running full tilt with record low unemployment.  It's magical thinking to believe cutting taxes is the way to disappearing deficits and prosperity. If you want better programs- and better services- that money doesn't appear out of thin air, it has to be paid for somehow. Regarding local infrastructure... The I-75 Brent Spence Bridge over the Ohio River into Kentucky is at the end of it's useful service life. It's going to cost somewhere around a BILLION dollars at last count to replace it. But let's bitch about raising the federal gas tax by a fucking nickel or dime a gallon instead. 

36 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

treehugger-detail.jpg&ehk=ucgNt0ARSruVtw

Carbon Cal, XL is a GO!!! Drill in the ANWR?  We'll just put the polar bears in zoos.  :D  "global warming is a fraud".... Said I'm not a tree hugger, you must have missed it. 

It's going to be a rough 4 years for the conspiracy crowd. How's that getting Mexico to pay for the wall project going?   :D  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Steve- it would be nice if the right wing of this forum would just STOP with the TDS already. Lame, lame, lame. There's probably at least a hundred or so valid reasons to hate Trump. I can start with Coal Miner's Son Trump- arguably the most anti-environmental president since the EPA came into existence. I stated some damn facts, about the aggrandizing BS regarding the Wall, replacing Obamacare with something better, and his non-existent infrastructure plan. Go ahead- so where am I factually wrong on any of it? He's not God, though some around here think his shit don't stink.  

1) Numerous posts have shown (and proven) Trump is the person who's deranged. Not those of us who dare to point it out. Tex showed based on a test- Trump is a sociopath. That his narcissism is out of control isn't debatable. Mr. Pathological Liar racked up 30,500 lies and change before he got exiled to Mar a Lago.  Swell guy. Couldn't admit Joe beat him fair and square. Called his minions to DC- and then you know what happened. Not his fault? My ass it isn't.  

2) The difference between legal and illegal immigration is Trump and the xenophobes trying to shut the barn door after the horses got out. Read where there's at least 11 million illegals living in the country, some old enough to have kids that are native born right here in the USA. Sorry, kicking them out isn't happening. The other point is back in the 1850s ramping that up to 2020 population- you'd have 42 million immigrants here.  Irish decent Steve? I had a talk with a Ranger down at the Towpath Visitor Center. That canal was dug by hand by Irish immigrants who got paid around a dime a day and a shot of whisky after work. They died on an average of one per mile. 

3) There's TONS of BDS (Biden Derangement Syndrome) HDS (Harris Derangement syndrome) Ah gee- you don't like Kameltoe? I don't like Cheetos- fair enough?  DDS (Democrat Derangement Syndrome) going on here. One guy- you know who- is still living 4 years in the past bashing Obama. 

Finally- though I do like most, if not all of Joe's executive orders undoing the worst of Trump's mistakes, I'm not going to back him 100%.  It's amazingly hypocritical of Republicans turning into deficit hawks on a dime, when Trump's tax cuts for his rich buddies ballooned the deficit- even with the economy running full tilt with record low unemployment.  It's magical thinking to believe cutting taxes is the way to disappearing deficits and prosperity. If you want better programs- and better services- that money doesn't appear out of thin air, it has to be paid for somehow. Regarding local infrastructure... The I-75 Brent Spence Bridge over the Ohio River into Kentucky is at the end of it's useful service life. It's going to cost somewhere around a BILLION dollars at last count to replace it. But let's bitch about raising the federal gas tax by a fucking nickel or dime a gallon instead. 

Canadian pol rips Biden admin for canceling Keystone Pipeline

https://news.yahoo.com/canadian-pol-rips-biden-admin-212600107.html

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney tells 'The Story' both countries will be hurt by Biden action

I sometimes wonder how land conservation became something championed by “liberals.” I mean, conservation and conservative literally have the same root word. 

Our President most known for conservation was Teddy Roosevelt, a republican and a big hunter. He saw the urban sprawl and saw the value in preserving nature. A lot of hunters think this way. Can’t go quail hunting in a subdivision. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I sometimes wonder how land conservation became something championed by “liberals.” I mean, conservation and conservative literally have the same root word. 

Our President most known for conservation was Teddy Roosevelt, a republican and a big hunter. He saw the urban sprawl and saw the value in preserving nature. A lot of hunters think this way. Can’t go quail hunting in a subdivision. 

RIRWB.png,,&width=378&trim=true