THE BROWNS BOARD

Here is where we are now.

The Gipper

Browns are seem to be locked into the 26th Draft position.   When was the last time we drafted that high.  The order behind us could change some depending on outcome of playoff games...but we are at  26. 

DIVISIONAL ROUND LOSERS
25 10-6 .625 9.0 .494 Won 1

26 11-5 .688 10.0 .451 Won 1

27 11-5 .688 10.0 .488 Won 4

28 11-5 .688 10.0 .494

Wo

n 5

Here are 20-32 in the CBS draft prospect list:

20 Trey Smith Tennessee Sr OL 6 6-6 330    
21 Travis Etienne Clemson Sr RB 1 5-10 205    
22 Nick Bolton Missouri Jr LB 2 6-0 232    
23 Jevon Holland Oregon Jr S 1 6-1 201    
24 Rashod Bateman Minnesota Jr WR 5 6-2 210    
25 Mac Jones Alabama Jr QB 5 6-3 214    
26 Pat Freiermuth Penn St. Jr TE 2 6-5 260    
27 Christian Barmore Alabama Soph DL 2 6-5 310    
28 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame Sr LB 3 6-1 215    
29 Jalen Mayfield Michigan Jr OL 7 6-5 320    
30 Levi Onwuzurike Washington Sr DL 3 6-3 288    
31 Patrick Jones II Pittsburgh Sr EDGE 2 6-5 260    
32 Samuel Cosmi Texas Jr OL 8 6-7 309

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Best defensive player on the board. Do not care what position, because upgrades are needed across the board. 

Not at DI -- Billings/Richardson/Ogun/Elliot is an upgrade over this season and should be at minimum average, could be a strength.  Billings sat out the season

Even Edge could be a lot worse -- resign Vernon and gustin/clayborn at 3/4 aren't future stars but will be decent. 

Focus on back 7, plenty of those to be had.

Just now, Unsympathetic said:

Not at DI -- Billings/Richardson/Ogun/Elliot is an upgrade over this season and should be at minimum average, could be a strength.  Billings sat out the season

Even Edge could be a lot worse -- resign Vernon and gustin/clayborn at 3/4 aren't future stars but will be decent. 

Nope, best defensive player on the board. 

Vernon is 30 and will be coming off a major injury, and he was always an injury waiting to happen before that. Richardson is even older, and Ogunjobi is a free agent. 

DLine is unlike any other position group, the more starting-caliber players, the better. They move in and out all the time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Nope, best defensive player on the board. 

Vernon is 30 and will be coming off a major injury, and he was always an injury waiting to happen before that. Richardson is even older, and Ogunjobi is a free agent. 

DLine is unlike any other position group, the more starting-caliber players, the better. They move in and out all the time. 

Barmore of Alabama is listed above at  #27.   He would have to be considered. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Gipper said:

Well....what they are trying to do on defense is to stop the other team from running and putting pressure on the QB.

Does he fit that at all? 

I understand you have a really elementary grasp on football.

So instead of being a smart ass, shut your fucking mouth, actually read things from people smarter than you, and maybe you'll actually know what is going on around here. 

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My point is you make a board...

clusters...

need as a tie-breaker...

Yada yada yada...

I am no talent analyst,  I just play one on TV......but  great percentages of  the mock drafts....and databases have him going in the Top 5.    So, if they are right,  I don't think he is going to be in our cluster at  26.   (Its why I only started at the 20 ranked prospects above. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I understand you have a really elementary grasp on football.

So instead of being a smart ass, shut your fucking mouth, actually read things from people smarter than you, and maybe you'll actually know what is going on around here. 

When I find someone who is smarter at football than me.....I will listen.  

You can have a seat.  You would not be in the "cluster".  

I mean, you seem to be acting like you would not have chosen LeBron James if for some reason you thought that he  would not "fit" the team's plans. 

If a player is a beast, he is a beast.    Maybe this guy is a beast, and maybe he ain't.....but if he is....if he can beast, he can beast anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

When I find someone who is smarter at football than me.....I will listen.  

You can have a seat.  You would not be in the "cluster".  

I mean, you seem to be acting like you would not have chosen LeBron James if for some reason you thought that he  would not "fit" the team's plans. 

If a player is a beast, he is a beast.    Maybe this guy is a beast, and maybe he ain't.....but if he is....if he can beast, he can beast anywhere. 

I seriously might put my first person ever on ignore. 

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My point is you make a board...

clusters...

need as a tie-breaker...

Yada yada yada...

In this - I agree with Gipper. Smith will be long gone when the Browns are drafting. He won't last outside of the top 10. Walter has him going #3 to the Fish.  

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I seriously might put my first person ever on ignore. 

Well...you are now already on my "ignorant" list. 

Think about it......you have this Barmore guy.  He is 6'5"   315 lbs.   Which makes him a Man Monster.  But not just that.   He was the defensive MVP of the National Championship game.  He was  1st team  ALL SEC.  He made some  All American teams.  Yet you say that you would cross him off your list for consideration even  because he may not "fit" some preconceived plan?   Do you think he is a robot, only programmed to do certain things.  He is a scentient human being. He is only like 20 years old.  I think he may be adaptable to various system some DCs may want to run if he has all that raw natural talent.    Now, if he does not have it...that is another thing.  But how can one legitimately just cross him off because of some claim of "lack of fit"? 

Think about it......you have this Barmore guy.  He is 6'5"   315 lbs.   Which makes him a Man Monster.  But not just that.   He was the defensive MVP of the National Championship game.  He was  1st team  ALL SEC.  He made some  All American teams.  Yet you say that you would cross him off your list for consideration even  because he may not "fit" some preconceived plan?   Do you think he is a robot, only programmed to do certain things.  He is a scentient human being. He is only like 20 years old.  I think he may be adaptable to various system some DCs may want to run if he has all that raw natural talent.    Now, if he does not have it...that is another thing.  But how can one legitimately just cross him off because of some claim of "lack of fit"? 

Congratulations, you're my first ignore. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Congratulations, you're my first ignore. 

Yep.  See there.....a logical and reasonable football conversation you cannot handle apparently.    You were not even capable of explaining why you think that a guy like that would not fucking "fit".   

Is there anyone with half a brain out there that agrees that a guy like this Barmore   could be totally crossed off the Browns consideration list because he does not "fit".....and explain why? 

I mean....maybe he played in a 4-3 in college and a pro team runs a 3-4.   Maybe they are looking for a 3-4 nose guard.   I don't see why a guy like this could not play a 3-4  NT but not a 4-3 DT.....or vice versa.   6'5"  315.  All American.  Won't even consider him?     Since when does talent not count for anything?   (assuming he has that in spades) 

When I find someone who is smarter at football than me.....I will listen.  - The Gipper

How about someone more knowledgeable than you? Plenty of those around...

Or is "smarter at" a legal thing? Oh that's right, you couldn't tell me if it was... might be too close to "advice".

I'd call you a Class A Asshole, but you have no class.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Pretty sure he was talking about Smith, not Barmore

Thank you Kevin, Baker, Nick, Jarvis and Kareem for making it possible for threads like this to not be posted until the middle of January, instead of the usual mid October.  

11 hours ago, runyon27 said:

Totally agree, draft should be all defense....outside maybe a backup o lineman.

I don't know about that.  I could see us taking a receiver. Namely a tall outside guy and stick landry or beckum in the slot.

11 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I think O-gun is replaceable.  He has leveled off after a promising rookie season.  One guy you didn't mention that has shown promise is Taylor, at least in tipping passes.  Not sure what kind of run stop grades he is getting.

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And if say Devonta Smith is there?

what do you think?  I think it pretty unrealistic, but it may be unrealistic to think barmore is there, but he is listed there according to CBS.  Generally speaking, i don't think CBS is very good in their rankings.