THE BROWNS BOARD

Now Ron Paul

Axe

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I did see that. I don’t know what the answer here is. I’m a big fan of free speech and the exchange of ideas. On the other hand people are absolutely at each others’ throats on social media, and it feels like it’s been that way for a good while now. It’s a bit of a powder keg situation. We’ve seen what that looks like when it goes sideways and it ain’t good.

I actually read an article about MeWe today. It was an interview with its creator, and it delved into its pros and cons. For those that don’t know, it’s a more loosey goosey social media platform that claims to be privacy oriented. Privacy is good, free speech is good, but some seedy stuff goes on there with racist groups and such.

Or so l’m told in the article. It was brought to my attention because l know someone going to that platform. 

The other variable in all this is who wants to juggle all these social media platforms? I stick with Facebook to keep tabs on friends and family, peruse my interests and keep up with current events. I also use it for business promotional purposes. It’s a great way to convey information to a lotta people at once. A real time saver. I’d hate to have to duplicate efforts because l have to deal with multiple platforms.

I dunno. My hope is that when tensions ease things will go back to normal. 

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid tensions are never going to ease. Trump (and a few others) let the Genie out of the bottle, and it's never going back in. Free speech? OK, but using social media to plan another uprising in Washington January 20th?  

I'm going to march in a straight line, look no one in the eyes, never post anything contradictory of the media or mob and maybe I'll be able to keep my social media accounts..... and if I'm really lucky, maybe I'll get a sack of potatoes and even a block of cheese too.

NoSoup4U.jpg

• Upvote 2