THE BROWNS BOARD

The rivalry is back baby.

Neo

11 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Connor was running the ball just fine, if not well but when you spot a team 28 points what are you supposed to do? I'm not trying to rain on parades with what I'm about to say but a lot of that first 28 was the steelers beating the steelers. Fuck the first td was a horrendous high snap by pouncey for a gimme. You guys got outscored the rest of the game and Ben went over 500 yards, no 28 spot? You are probably losing that game. All of which isn't to say the Browns aren't good, that the Browns aren't on their way because they are. 

But yea a lot of players will be gone. I hope one coordinator is too. 

I wasn't talking about the game in particular, I was talking about the overall stats. Steelers' offense has played pass only for many games this season. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Fuck the first td was a horrendous high snap by pouncey for a gimme. You guys got outscored the rest of the game

Umm, that first play was 7 and we clobbered you by 11.... Math. Is. Fun. 

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

Hello everyone ....not been here in months .....been so busy and wife has been sick and in the hospital ..... just wanted to say GO BROWNS and FUCK THE STEELERS ..... hope to be back posting regular soon ....

Oh, my ..hope she is doing better quickly.

3 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

There's like 22 browns quarterbacks in the expansion era that didn't lose to the Steelers in the playoffs

Well....Kelly Holcomb is not one of those.

.....but if you recall that game, no blame could be put on Holcomb.   Northcutt for The Drop.   Butch for going into the Prevent Defense in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

They don’t need Juju and they shouldn’t open the bank for him either. 

They need a QB and an offensive line.  We’ve been there before -  good luck to them. 

JuJu is a good  #2 WR.....but he  had to take on the #1 role since AB left.   Not what he is cut out for.  A good complimentary guy.  They now have others that maybe can take that role. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

No they aren't. Ben isn't done unless the steelers want him to be done. I do think pouncey is and he should be. He's been pretty fucking bad all year and last night was his career in death throws. 

I basically agree on BR...the thing is....the Steelers may want him to be done.  Alternatively, they may want him to cut what they owe him in half.   But I don't think Pouncey is done....he just had a bad game...or a couple. 

Just now, The Gipper said:

I basically agree on BR...the thing is....the Steelers may want him to be done.  Alternatively, they may want him to cut what they owe him in half.   But I don't think Pouncey is done....he just had a bad game...or a couple. 

Pouncey is done. He's been "bad" all year.  

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Juju hasn't been a distraction but the media wants to make it that way including the local guys. He leads the room, out works a lot of people. He's never been an distraction and he never will be. Villanueva has been bad most of the year, pouncey the same and I would have said that well before yesterday. You aren't telling me anything the rational segment of our fan base doesn't already know. We also should have started dotson over feiler. Ben was upset last night for obvious reasons but I'm fairly certain pouncey is done hence the added melancholy. 

I don't know if JuJu is a distraction....but he is JAG...   As someone said, yinzers have a couple of better guys.    And I don't know, if Pouncey etc. are as bad as you say, you may have to  mark it down to the loss of Munchak as a reason.  I don't see how all these guys that have been touted as being so good could have deteriorated so quickly otherwise. 

48 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Connor was running the ball just fine, if not well but when you spot a team 28 points what are you supposed to do? I'm not trying to rain on parades with what I'm about to say but a lot of that first 28 was the steelers beating the steelers. Fuck the first td was a horrendous high snap by pouncey for a gimme. You guys got outscored the rest of the game and Ben went over 500 yards, no 28 spot? You are probably losing that game. All of which isn't to say the Browns aren't good, that the Browns aren't on their way because they are. 

But yea a lot of players will be gone. I hope one coordinator is too. 

There are 32 teams in the NFL, meaning, likely that there are 32 "Primary" Running backs in the NFL.  At best  Conner is in the mid  3rd quartile of RBs in this league, if not in the 4th quartile. 

As for the Steeler's "comeback"   you can chirp all you want about that.  This isn't the first time the Browns have gotten out to huge leads and allowed a team to crawl back into contention. It happened in Dallas, it happened in Tennessee, it happened in one of the Bengals games.  So don't think that what you did was anything special.  It seems to be a pattern that when the Browns get these huge leads, the DC ends up going soft and allowing the opponent a lot of room. 

Its a long rivalry, and yes this battle has been back and forth over the decades, but there is a few moments when the Browns did demolish the Steelers at their house.

1.  1989 week 1, Browns at Steelers - 51-0

2 2003 Sunday Night Football, pre-game chatter, Steelers Joey Porter talking smack, saying after the game when you get on that highway to go home, your going home loser's, well joey that didn't happen, Browns beat them 33-13.

3. 2020 week 17 Browns win game and enter the Playoffs

4. 2021 Wildcard - Browns devastate the Steelers at their house, sending their season to an end.

• Thanks 1

Juju hasn't been a distraction but the media wants to make it that way including the local guys. He leads the room, out works a lot of people. He's never been an distraction and he never will be. Villanueva has been bad most of the year, pouncey the same and I would have said that well before yesterday. You aren't telling me anything the rational segment of our fan base doesn't already know. We also should have started dotson over feiler. Ben was upset last night for obvious reasons but I'm fairly certain pouncey is done hence the added melancholy. 

Dotson and Highsmith were my 3rd and 4th round picks for the Browns.

Naturally I'm not happy they're in PTG.

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Hard hitting analysis as always.

Really..

BfiPA...

Nevermind...

Wait... this...

Dear BfiPA,

We have these things called threads to which you can add your "thought(s)" along with everyone else.

So please... stop running here to create a thread every time a thought makes it halfway across your mind.

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Woods was trying to keep everything in front of our patchwork DB's.  I mean, he was trying to make them take some time off the clock on their inevitable way to the end zone.

I actually hold a little hope for Jackson (for next year).  Sure, he's having it rough, but almost anyone in his position would.  I hope we can get him back on the bench for the rest of this season, but I'd like to see him have a training camp with us next year.

Ben had a quick trigger last night.   He Made the pass rush largely irrelevant But as the lead got bigger he started trying chunk plays.  So you have a secondary struggling you need to disrupt the passer...4 guys after Ben wasn’t getting the job done. This is been the Woods MO all year.  

Id rather send Joseph after the passer than watch him read and cover. He’s a waste in coverage 

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

They don’t need Juju and they shouldn’t open the bank for him either. 

They need a QB and an offensive line.  We’ve been there before -  good luck to them. 

I agree with 2/3rds of this. We differ on Ben.

IMO he still has more than enough game to succeed, but not sure he has the "want to" any longer.

I did a longer write-up elsewhere you'll come across sooner or later.

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

So much for "not trying to take anything away from you".... again.

500-yds? And how many turnovers?

And all I can say about that first snap is I wish M*A*S*H (the movie) allowed clips to be posted on youtube...

image.png.329f6345934a23fcc9dde367d68f3621.png"Whadaya think ya are? A canon?"

But it's your take on Connors I'll take issue with here. every time I have seen him these past two seasons, he has not looked right compared to his 2nd year when his burst surprised me. He's now looking more done than anything.

But of all the things for you to sweat your Steelers finding... the next RB or WR have to be the two at the bottom of your list.

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I agree with 2/3rds of this. We differ on Ben.

IMO he still has more than enough game to succeed, but not sure he has the "want to" any longer.

I did a longer write-up elsewhere you'll come across sooner or later.

So much for "not trying to take anything away from you".... again.

500-yds? And how many turnovers?

And all I can say about that first snap is I wish M*A*S*H (the movie) allowed clips to be posted on youtube...

image.png.329f6345934a23fcc9dde367d68f3621.png"Whadaya think ya are? A canon?"

But it's your take on Connors I'll take issue with here. every time I have seen him these past two seasons, he has not looked right compared to his 2nd year when his burst surprised me. He's now looking more done than anything.

But of all the things for you to sweat your Steelers finding... the next RB or WR have to be the two at the bottom of your list.

Connor has a health issue. He was running well last night and yea terrible first quarter and a really bad int to Taki Taki. Game over. However the game is also one of inches. What about when Jones falls and Nelson just misses the int which would have gone the other way, the same can be said for the one td Edmunds nearly got. It happens man, any given Sunday. The Steelers lost, the Browns won and that's it. I don't know what happens with Connor. I don't know what happens with any of it. As of now I want randy gone, pouncey gone and villanueva gone. The rest is a wild card. 

Edit: here ya go. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am of the belief that the rivalry never went anywhere,  it is just that the poor Browns management and coaching over 20 years  caused it to go a bit dormant. 

Of course, when I  posted that, I meant there will be new meaning for both sides. The Steelers will want revenge and it won't be as if it's just another win. The Browns will have a new found confidence that they can beat the Steelers after they did on the biggest stage. The next time these two meet it will have a much different feel to it.

IMO not only did our rivalry go away... it's not back.

Oh sure... it's been stoked on our side... fed by yesterday's win like fresh air hitting smoldering embers.

However, as Thom Jackson used to say, " Once is an accident, twice is a trend, three times is a fact."

Despite this being our 2nd win in a row, since PTG sat it's starters a week ago I think the PTG fans are still at stage "once".

They will again participate and make it a true rivalry once they see a trend, but until then it's Browns fans keeping "it" alive.

Connor has a health issue. He was running well last night and yea terrible first quarter and a really bad int to Taki Taki. Game over. However the game is also one of inches. What about when Jones falls and Nelson just misses the int which would have gone the other way, the same can be said for the one td Edmunds nearly got. It happens man, any given Sunday. The Steelers lost, the Browns won and that's it. I don't know what happens with Connor. I don't know what happens with any of it. As of now I want randy gone, pouncey gone and villanueva gone. The rest is a wild card. 

Edit: here ya go. 

There is nothing close there. That ball sailed 2 feet over the defenders head.    So, I guess that makes it "a game of feet". 

And, by the way.  Conner isn't good.  You can call it injury.....which may have hurt some...but he ain't good.  IMO yinzers should have been playing that rookie from Maryland who showed promise. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Neo said:

Of course, when I  posted that, I meant there will be new meaning for both sides. The Steelers will want revenge and it won't be as if it's just another win. The Browns will have a new found confidence that they can beat the Steelers after they did on the biggest stage. The next time these two meet it will have a much different feel to it.

Well, OK.    A different feel because  the Steelers may not have BR, Conner, JuJu.....and half their OL....and more.     I understand they have 17  FAs.....some of them their biggest names. 

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

IMO not only did our rivalry go away... it's not back.

Well, you are a known dumbass.

Oh sure... it's been stoked on our side... fed by yesterday's win like fresh air hitting smoldering embers.

However, as Thom Jackson used to say, " Once is an accident, twice is a trend, three times is a fact."

Despite this being our 2nd win in a row, since PTG sat it's starters a week ago I think the PTG fans are still at stage "once".

They will again participate and make it a true rivalry once they see a trend, but until then it's Browns fans keeping "it" alive.

What The Steelers and their fans  are exhibiting are the 5 Stages of Grief for the realization that the tide has turned on this rivalry:

1. Denial....that is what  Juju and Claypool were doing with their foolish comments. 

2. Anger....that is what that Article that someone posted here where the Pittsburgh Paper gave them all Fs.

3. Bargaining.  You see that in the Vag's posts.  "Oh...the Steelers will be back"  "Oh, don't worry you will get rocked by KC"  "We just need to get rid of Pouncey and Villanueava" etc. 

4.  Depression.   Those tears by BR may be fueled by the knowledge that it is the Browns that put the jackboot on his behind and kicked his career out the door

5. Acceptance.  That could come  if the Browns were to actually move on further in the playoffs......or if that does not happen, it will occur next year when we boatrace them.