THE BROWNS BOARD

Et tu, Parler?

MLD Woody

https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/09/parler-reportedly-removed-posts-by-trump-affiliate-lin-wood-calling-for-execution-of-vp-mike-pence/

In a statement to Mediaite,  Parler chief executive John Matze confirmed that the service had taken action against Wood’s posts to the platform.

“Yes, some of his parleys that violated our rules were taken down,” Matze told Mediaite. “Including the ones you are talking about.”

The move from Parler is significant because it would mark one of the first instances of a high profile conservative figure having their content removed from the service.

Parler, despite its reputation as a social platform dedicated to free speech, does have some rules governing content.

And, as Mediaite flagged, the posts from Wood likely ran afoul of a rule in the company’s terms of service that states “reported parleys, comments, or messages sent using our service will be deemed a violation of these Guidelines if they contain: an explicit or implicit encouragement to use violence, or to commit a lawless action, such that: (a) the Parleyer intends his or her speech to result in the use of violence or lawless action, and (b) the imminent use of violence or lawless action is the likely result of the parley, comment, or message.”

What do you think about this tactic Woodrow?

I can confirm it’s real....I’ve attempted twice this afternoon to deactivate my Twatter account, but it won’t let me.

I guess Taliban Jack needs the body count to keep that ad revenue rolling in.

Rejoice Comrades!

DA6F1F65-D311-4DEE-8C22-E0DFFE212E0A.png

Yes, I am sure Twitter is shaking in its boots at the prospect of losing all of their elderly Trump supporters....

I'm sure they'll be happy to not have the headache anymore. The idea that they're preventing you from deactivating your account to boost their numbers is some MAGA fantasy-world stuff where they like to pretend they're more important than they are. If anything it is some glitch that will get resolved or you're doing it wrong. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, I am sure Twitter is shaking in its boots at the prospect of losing all of their elderly Trump supporters....

I'm sure they'll be happy to not have the headache anymore. The idea that they're preventing you from deactivating your account to boost their numbers is some MAGA fantasy-world stuff where they like to pretend they're more important than they are. If anything it is some glitch that will get resolved or you're doing it wrong. 

#whataboutism 

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I hate to clue you woody.  I've been using the internet since it started.  Since it was born.  I'm quite capable of searching, etc.  

35 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I hate to clue you woody.  I've been using the internet since it started.  Since it was born.  I'm quite capable of searching, etc.  

You're just a troll. You have no real stance on anything. If you were born decades later you could have been a Youtuber that does pranks or something. I don't really hold anything you say here with any weight because you're clearly only looking to get a reaction out of people. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

You're just a troll. You have no real stance on anything. If you were born decades later you could have been a Youtuber that does pranks or something. I don't really hold anything you say here with any weight because you're clearly only looking to get a reaction out of people. 

Oh shut the fuck up dick head.  Your just a lonely little punk on here who has no stance on shit.  So go home.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Well what coincidence. That would be exactly how I viewed you. If I had a shred of respect for you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

First...

Wow... Parler has standards?

Second...

Kal... now you've gone and hurt Woody's feelings...

No.... not the copy/paste post.

You did not call him "Woodpecker"...

... he really likes that.

May I at least have one "toursies"? Just for old times sake?

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Upon further review.... looks like they do if properly motivated...

Amazon suspends Parler, threatening to take pro-Trump site offline indefinitely

Tony Romm, Rachel Lerman  4 hrs ago

Amazon suspended the pro-Trump social network Parler from its Web-hosting service this weekend, a move that threatens to darken the site indefinitely after its users glorified the recent riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The e-commerce and Web-hosting giant said Parler had violated its terms of service given its inadequate content-moderation practices, adding in a letter that it would implement its punishment just before midnight Pacific time Monday.

The move by Amazon Web Services, or AWS, marks the latest and most crippling blow for the pro-Trump social network, which has emerged as a haven for conservative users who have fled more mainstream Silicon Valley sites that crack down on harmful, viral falsehoods online. Earlier this week, Apple and Google removed Parler’s app from their stores for smartphone downloads, similarly citing concerns that posts on Parler could contribute to violence.

And in a related story...

Parler has now been booted by Amazon, Apple and Google, and it may have to go offline temporarily

By Brian Fung, CNN Business - Updated 10:34 PM ET, Sat January 9, 2021

(CNN Business)Parler, the alternative social media platform favored by conservatives, now finds itself virtually homeless on the internet as Amazon (AMZN), Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOGL) have all booted it from their platforms in a span of a little more than 24 hours.

Amazon will remove Parler from its cloud hosting service, Amazon Web Services, Sunday evening, effectively kicking it off of the public internet after mounting pressure from the public and Amazon employees.

The decision, which goes into force on Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time, will shut down Parler's website and app until it can find a new hosting provider. BuzzFeed News was first to report the move. Parler is an alternative social network popular with conservatives and has been heavily used by supporters of President Donald Trump, including some who participated in Wednesday's US Capitol unrest.

In a letter obtained by CNN Business that was sent to Parler Chief Policy Officer Amy Peikoff on Saturday, Amazon Web Services said that in recent weeks it has reported 98 examples to Parler of "posts that clearly encourage and incite violence." The letter includes screenshots of several examples.

"We've seen a steady increase in this violent content on your website, all of which violates our terms," AWS wrote. "It's clear that Parler does not have an effective process to comply with the AWS terms of service."

The letter continued: "AWS provides technology and services to customers across the political spectrum, and we continue to respect Parler's right to determine for itself what content it will allow on its site. However, we cannot provide services to a customer that is unable to effectively identify and remove content that encourages or incites violence against others. Because Parler cannot comply with our terms of service and poses a very real risk to public safety, we plan to suspend Parler's account."

The sweep threatens to cut Parler off from its entire audience. Not only will new users be unable to find Parler on the internet's two largest app stores, even those who've already downloaded the app will be unable to use it because it will be unable to communicate with Parler's servers on AWS.

Indeed, Parler CEO John Matze warned that the deplatforming could lead to service interruptions.

(More in full article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/tech/parler-suspended-apple-app-store/index.html )

Cue the misplaced Freedom of Speech arguments...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. Go figure, most people don't want elections over turned because one group feels like there was massive voter fraud. Prove it in court or STFU. Your feelings aren't facts.

Just like Russian Collusion?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

First...

Second...

Kal... now you've gone and hurt Woody's feelings...

No.... not the copy/paste post.

You did not call him "Woodpecker"...

... he really likes that.

May I at least have one "toursies"? Just for old times sake?

sorry, you have to earn it. Once in a while, I give woody the benefit of the doubt, and then he screws it up again. You are only "Toursies" when you are insufferable, which isn't very often....