THE BROWNS BOARD

Once Upon a Time - True Story

calfoxwc

Way back in my AF days, back at Keesler AFB, we marched to class. Well, we had this kid, just one of us, who was appointed as our floor "yellow rope". That is where they have a yellow rope hanging off their shoulder, and this kid thought he was ghenghis khan. He joined for six years, so he had two stripes instead of one, a whining sissy voice, and often acted like he was a TI back in basic. He was from a military family - a very spoiled brat. I remember it was said that his Father was a higher up officer.

He kept being a jerk and got worse.

It didn't take long til one of us coughed while we were marching. He stopped us, and found out who was the culprit. It was just a guy with a bit of a cold. But this so-called leader got in his face and gave him hell for coughing while he was marching us to class. Actually threatened to make the guy do fifty, and threatened to put him on report. lol

That was the last straw. As a group, we had ZERO RESPECT for this loser - so we finally declared war on him. We probably made him cry at night - but the belligerent two faced asswhole deserved it. We did stuff like ignore him off duty - none of us would talk to him. Somebody stuck his pillow in the commode....

We'd be marching...and would cough, and when he had his back turned trying to demand to know who coughed, somebody else coughed. We kept it up til he finally got quiet and started us marching again.

We'd start marching against his cadence on purpose, all at the same time. One morning, and he got po'd to the max, and went off screaming at us like a raged daffy duck. And...

we laughed at him.

See, he was a hypocrite, belligerently drunk on his "power and authority", and made an ass of himself again and again.

One day, he was pretty quiet, and one of us coughed on purpose and he ignored it. The next morning, he apologized - he realized his mistake, and wanted to have a chance to EARN our respect. and he did. He grew into a really good guy, had a sense of humor and humility about his previous troubles.

The difference was, he finally realized he lost us completely, and went and had a long talk with one of my close friends - who was also the RED rope student leader of the entire squadron.

I can't place who reminds me of him... it will come to me eventually.......

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Way back in my AF days, back at Keesler AFB, we marched to class. Well, we had this kid, just one of us, who was appointed as our floor "yellow rope". That is where they have a yellow rope hanging off their shoulder, and this kid thought he was ghenghis khan. He joined for six years, so he had two stripes instead of one, a whining sissy voice, and often acted like he was a TI back in basic. He was from a military family - a very spoiled brat. I remember it was said that his Father was a higher up officer.

He kept being a jerk and got worse.

It didn't take long til one of us coughed while we were marching. He stopped us, and found out who was the culprit. It was just a guy with a bit of a cold. But this so-called leader got in his face and gave him hell for coughing while he was marching us to class. Actually threatened to make the guy do fifty, and threatened to put him on report. lol

That was the last straw. As a group, we had ZERO RESPECT for this loser - so we finally declared war on him. We probably made him cry at night - but the belligerent two faced asswhole deserved it. We did stuff like ignore him off duty - none of us would talk to him. Somebody stuck his pillow in the commode....

We'd be marching...and would cough, and when he had his back turned trying to demand to know who coughed, somebody else coughed. We kept it up til he finally got quiet and started us marching again.

We'd start marching against his cadence on purpose, all at the same time. One morning, and he got po'd to the max, and went off screaming at us like a raged daffy duck. And...

we laughed at him.

See, he was a hypocrite, belligerently drunk on his "power and authority", and made an ass of himself again and again.

One day, he was pretty quiet, and one of us coughed on purpose and he ignored it. The next morning, he apologized - he realized his mistake, and wanted to have a chance to EARN our respect. and he did. He grew into a really good guy, had a sense of humor and humility about his previous troubles.

The difference was, he finally realized he lost us completely, and went and had a long talk with one of my close friends - who was also the RED rope student leader of the entire squadron.

I can't place who reminds me of him... it will come to me eventually.......

crap. it's somebody on this forum, I think.

Still on the tip of my brain...let's see...........