THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns offensive line ranked 1st in both run and pass blocking for 2020

Vambo

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/05/browns-offensive-line-ranked-1st-in-both-run-and-pass-blocking-for-2020/

Take a bow, Bill Callahan. The Browns offensive line coach helmed the league’s best unit in 2020.

Callahan’s talent-laden line finished first overall in both run blocking and pass protection grades for the entire season at Pro Football Focus, which evaluates every player on every snap.

The Browns earned the highest score in run blocking at 81.4, edging out the 49ers (81.0) and Colts (78.8). In pass protection, Cleveland blew away the competition. The Browns’ 86.4 grade was well above the Packers (79.9) and Football Team (76.6).

One interesting gleaning from the rankings: the top five teams in pass protection grades from PFF all made the postseason. The Tennessee Titans and Chicago Bears were the only teams in the bottom 12 in pass blocking to make the postseason.

when you have the best engine, you can win races. Stephanski and the coaches are the pit crew.

biggest game of the year, I expect the squealers to play their dirtiest game of the year.

going to be memorable, I think.

17 hours ago, Vambo said:

One interesting gleaning from the rankings: the top five teams in pass protection grades from PFF all made the postseason. The Tennessee Titans and Chicago Bears were the only teams in the bottom 12 in pass blocking to make the postseason.

So the OL is important?

GTFOH!

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

when you have the best engine, you can win races. Stephanski and the coaches are the pit crew.

biggest game of the year, I expect the squealers to play their dirtiest game of the year.

going to be memorable, I think.

OK.... who in the the pool had Jan 7th for cal to go NASCAR on us?