THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

51 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Offensive rankings

Defensive rankings

Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

Mack Wilson is so bad. I mean, he's like the worst linebacker I've ever seen. He literally bounces off people and can't take a correct angle to save his effing life. 

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

They gotta be kidding ^^ ... Folks pay honest money to these every play scoring geeks... I'll continue to trust my own eyes thank you 

I recall one sack Vernon had where he fell down right in front of Rudolph, and Rudolph was facing him, then he got back up and tackled him. I’m not sure how Rudolph missed him though. I’d be curious how pff scored that play. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I recall one sack Vernon had where he fell down right in front of Rudolph, and Rudolph was facing him, then he got back up and tackled him. I’m not sure how Rudolph missed him though. I’d be curious how pff scored that play. 

Not just tackled him, straight up PLANTED that bitch. Honestly, Vernon should have swatted the ball because Rudolph didn't even see him. The ball ALMOST came out, but Vernon could've easily chopped his arms and gotten the rock. Dammit man...I'm going to really miss Vernon. 

• Upvote 1

Ball did come out... Mason recovered his own fumble.

As for Vernon's grade...

PFF watches every snap. Yes, he made a couple splash plays that grabbed TV-viewing fans attention, but likely they saw a lot more plays... run and pass... where he got whipped.

OL and DL grading are the least subjective of all the positions.

17 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Offensive rankings

Defensive rankings

Surprises: Vincent Taylor 67.9, Phillips 66.8 Taki 69.9, Gustin 70.0, Hodge 77.9, Hooper 70.3

Surprised in a bad way: Wilson 53.5, Vernon 39.2, Ogun 52.8, Hunt 49.8

Surprises, at least the first two, shouldn't have been surprises at all.

Taylor and Phillips put some really great tape out there Sunday.  Flashes of potential you want to see from your young players that indicates whom you're rolling with in future rosters.

I was surprised at Gustin's demonstration of actually potentially being able to hold up as part of a rotation.. Taylor and Gustin may not be future hall-of-famers, but you could do a lot worse with Ogun and Taylor at your DI 3&4 spot. 

Sure, we need another edge just like every other team, but DI of Billings/Richardson/Ogun/Taylor and Edge of Garrett/Vernon/Gustin/2021 Draftee might just work..  Unfortunate that both Thomas and Elliot seem to be round3 busts moving forward. 

I know Berry wasn't responsible, but round 3 is too high for a complete whiff.  We're still suffering from the fecal picks of 

2017/2 [kizer] and the entire draft classes of 2016 and 2015.. 2014, of course, is The Draft Which Shall Not Be Named.

7 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I was surprised at Gustin's demonstration of actually potentially being able to hold up as part of a rotation.. Taylor and Gustin may not be future hall-of-famers, but you could do a lot worse with Ogun and Taylor at your DI 3&4 spot. 

Sure, we need another edge just like every other team, but DI of Billings/Richardson/Ogun/Taylor and Edge of Garrett/Vernon/Gustin/2021 Draftee might just work..  Unfortunate that both Thomas and Elliot seem to be round3 busts moving forward.

Glad you're seeing the light. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

We need some pass rushing mavens with the scheme we run (4 coming/7 dropping).  And we have Garrett and Clayborn.  

We have tremendous needs to fill on defense.  I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a Stud DTackle in the first round that can get to the QB. 

from the looks of it, they can find one in the third round. Maybe the fourth... need blue chip S, CB, or LB the first two rounds.