THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

9 hours ago, Vagitron said:

My post was made because people in here were crying about ref bias

Yup... Some folks don't see the difference between bad calls and ref bias. Only one of these is a real thing.

And you've visited the netherworld that is our "Political Section" enough to know that the same conspiracy theory addicts you find there promote the bias arguments here.

Maybe it's genetic...

Personally I did not see a great deal of holding Sunday, and the one I saw called against PTG (the one where your OL grabbed our DL by the arm momentarily) was kinda ticky-tacky. It was correct by the book, but did not actually impede our player.

Sunday the refs let the players play. Pretty much relegated themselves to calling False Starts and Offsides... and that was fine by me.

We can only hope they do the same thing this coming Sunday.

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Did you hear? The McRib is back!

I love the faux gravitas Brian Cox's narration adds to that and the other McD commercials.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Personally I did not see a great deal of holding Sunday, and the one I saw called against PTG (the one where your OL grabbed our DL by the arm momentarily) was kinda ticky-tacky. It was correct by the book, but did not actually impede our player.

I tend to agree. There was one egregious hold they missed on us where the Steelers had a guy in the backfield and we ripped him to the ground. Other than that, the refs did a pretty good job other than thankfully missing the hands to the face during our interception. 

Do we know how we recovered that onsides kick? Holy shit guys. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Oh come on Gip. I should get it pro bono just because I knew what it meant, which is far more than I can say about the un-democrats.🤗

No.  You have already gotten your freebie.   Like LIttle Joe from walk on the Wild Side, I one time gave it away. Now everybody has to pay and pay. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

You act like this bothers me. I've been here a lonnnnnnng time, even longer than this name suggests. 

100% but shit happens and nfl officiating is downright embarrassing. I hate reading "this team gets all the calls" because in reality as you said it's total bs. Frankly here it's the result of getting your shit pushed in for decades. I'm also not trying to be cute when I say that. 

I thought we got a ton of no calls our way...hit qb in head...holding...pi...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

I thought we got a ton of no calls our way...hit qb in head...holding...pi...

I spotted The hit to the head in real time...I was pissed because I was thinking it would wipe out the pick. 
We got a few more calls than they did.  Take it.  Last week we had enormous call not in our favor

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Pitspuke radio talking heads were saying

They dont fear anything Baker can do...but they do fear Chubb and his skills.

Curtis Carpenter15 hours ago (edited)

I wish my dad was still alive to see it. He was a big Brown's fan
I’m so happy for the entire City of Cleveland and fans around the world but Jimmy D is the one I’m most happy for! Love listening to you every weekend and couldn’t possibly imagine a game without him! Go Browns! God Bless all! Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!

“and the only thing that’s missing is all of you” wow what a call!

and again... Fuk Pittsburgh ! it's about what we do going into Heinz to wreck their F'n season 😤 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

What is the "Big Brother" bullshit that Ryan Clark was spewing?  Other than the fact that the Steelers are  13 years older than the Brown.....going back to 1933 vs.  1946....there ain't no big brother relationship  going on.    They each have about the same number of playoff appearances over the many year....maybe 2-3 years difference.   Browns have more championships.  They each have about the same number of Hall of Fame players.  Ownership stability....and lately,   management and coaching stability have been the only things that have allowed the Steelers to gain an edge in the last  yea many years.  

Kevin Stefanski gave the game ball to Browns owner Jimmy Haslam

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/04/kevin-stefanski-gave-the-game-ball-to-browns-owner-jimmy-haslam/

Coach Kevin Stefanski thanked the person who made the Browns playoff run possible with the game ball. The Browns coach delivered the ball from Sunday’s win over Pittsburgh to Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam.

Stefanski made a point of recognizing the ownership in his postgame press conference.

“Want to make note that I gave a game ball out to Jimmy Haslam in there. Dee (Haslam) and Jimmy and the entire (Haslam and Johnson) family just have been so supportive of this group, and anything we needed in such a unique season, they have been right there,” Stefanski said. “Really organizationally, just thinking about all of the people who have wanted this and wanted to taste this, I am really proud to be a part of this for them – people who have been with the organization for a long time, and they deserve this so I am happy for them.”

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Woke up to the best hangover ever... And I don't care 🤓

J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... :)

Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

Kevin Stefanski gave the game ball to Browns owner Jimmy Haslam

Now that's what you call a sound career move...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

sorry - I keep posting a link, and it's text, until Paste it back in again. Very strange, dammit.

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think they backed up Alice Cooper at the Rubber Bowl concert I attended along with Dr. John.   Also  1972 I believe. 

You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

J Geils.... World's Greatest Party Band... :)

Saw them in CLE Public Auditorium circa 1972.

For some reason I'm having trouble finding j geils band, only got this combo concert.

Screenshot_2021-01-04_200522.jpg

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

You have a good memory there Gip in fact it was August 5, 1972 where it shows two concerts that day at the rubber bowl but they occasionally did early/late concerts in one day.

Alice Cooper is indeed the businessman doing 2,960 concerts !  See the screenshots below or the link for everyone.  I know I saw him back then but will look it up later.  https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/alice-cooper?page=56#concert-table

Screenshot_2021-01-04_194204.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-04_194022.jpg

They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They have him down as doing two shows that same day.  I recall being out there practically all day and night.   We were right up near the stage.  No recollection whatsoever of Quicksilver or Dr  Hook or Foghat.    I don't know where that is coming from.  That has to be  a different date, different city.  Completely off. 

It says the date is 1990.

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It says the date is 1990.

That's part of the next column showing number of concerts per year.

The 1972 is the correct date for the rubber bowl.

On J Geils  I started a search by venue:: Cleveland Ohio and got a 4 page list to go through, have fun using the above link and go to search.

This is a great archive site.

Screenshot_2021-01-04_200522.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-04_205332.jpg

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This is indeed confusing unless there was a list minute change.  I show song lineups for both August 5 dates.  But maybe you should remember this:

large_The_Akron_Beacon_Journal_Sun__Jul_16__1972.jpg

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Now that's what you call a sound career move...

I honestly thought Haslam would have spoken for a bit longer. He said a word or two and bounced. I'm sure this game ball was special...but can you IMAGINE what it would be like to get NEXT week's game ball? 

That's where my imagination is hanging out these days. Knocking those assholes out of the playoffs and catapulting us into the stratosphere of fan mania. 

27 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Surprised in a bad way:          Vernon 39.2   :o (what?)

They gotta be kidding ^^ ... Folks pay honest money to these every play scoring geeks... I'll continue to trust my own eyes thank you