THE BROWNS BOARD

Mason Rudolph named starting QB on Sunday

Canton Dawg

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

No, it is not fair to say. 

If you think if the Browns - who were 9-3 and 10-4 and cruising towards their first playoff game in almost 20 years - lose Sunday against Mason Fucking Rudolph that the board will act the same as if the Browns had made the playoffs and lost a well-played game against, say, Buffalo you have officially lost your mind. 

You are not listening.   I said it would be "ugly" for a while... A couple of days.......but then it WILL  go back to what we have been doing for 20 years.....talking draft etc.   If you don't think that is true, then I suggest that you refrain from commenting at all on  any of those threads of the sort that will begin fairly immediately for a several month period .   We WILL be talking about the fact that we need a couple of LBs,  and another  pass rusher; and some DBs,  and a kicker...and...etc. etc.  And we will jump in Andrew Berry's shit for not having gotten us some players in those areas that could have helped this year.    I guarantee that will happen....and I won't even be the one forcing it. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

No, it is not fair to say. 

If you think if the Browns - who were 9-3 and 10-4 and cruising towards their first playoff game in almost 20 years - lose Sunday against Mason Fucking Rudolph that the board will act the same as if the Browns had made the playoffs and lost a well-played game against, say, Buffalo you have officially lost your mind. 

This is going to shock everyone...but I will lose my effing mind if we lose our last two games and miss the playoffs. Not just any two games, but lose to the Jets and the freaking Steelers, and all we had to do was win ONE. Oh, and losing against Mason Rudolph would just be the fucking Brownsiest shit I've ever heard of to miss out on the playoffs. We literally got to play a team with 1 win btw. 

If we win, it's going to be a VERY close game. I'd shit a golden rabbit if we won by more than 5 points. I just see Mason hitting some big shots down the field, our safeties grabbing for penalties, and our linebackers generally acting like ass clowns of the highest order. 

What I'm less clear about is our offense. I'm not sure at ALL how they're going to play. Baker sounded like a broken man to me after last game. If he shrugs it off and plays like we know he can, we might just win this game. Oh yeah, and we need Teller and Wills. We get them back, PLUS Harrison on defense...we might just have something. 

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

This is going to shock everyone...but I will lose my effing mind if we lose our last two games and miss the playoffs. Not just any two games, but lose to the Jets and the freaking Steelers, and all we had to do was win ONE. Oh, and losing against Mason Rudolph would just be the fucking Brownsiest shit I've ever heard of to miss out on the playoffs. We literally got to play a team with 1 win btw. 

If we win, it's going to be a VERY close game. I'd shit a golden rabbit if we won by more than 5 points. I just see Mason hitting some big shots down the field, our safeties grabbing for penalties, and our linebackers generally acting like ass clowns of the highest order. 

What I'm less clear about is our offense. I'm not sure at ALL how they're going to play. Baker sounded like a broken man to me after last game. If he shrugs it off and plays like we know he can, we might just win this game. Oh yeah, and we need Teller and Wills. We get them back, PLUS Harrison on defense...we might just have something. 

But you didn't respond to the matter at hand.    Yes, we will all go apeshit over that situation.

But...will you just crawl in a hole for the next several months?   Or will you be back on here talking draft/FA etc.   and mulling over what we need to do in the future. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But you didn't respond to the matter at hand.    Yes, we will all go apeshit over that situation.

But...will you just crawl in a hole for the next several months?   Or will you be back on here talking draft/FA etc.   and mulling over what we need to do in the future. 

I'll probably go in a hole. For a while anyway. I'll snap out of it like I always do, but I'd be a disaster (sports wise) for a while and wouldn't be back discussing the draft or anything like that. 

The Steelers will keep Ben Roethlisberger on the sidelines for the last game against the Browns. Rudolph will be getting the start and hopefully it wont be like the last time Rudolph played against the Browns. Browns must win this game to keep a playoff spot vacant for them.

Steelers vs Browns injury update: Several Steelers miss Wednesday practice

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/30/steelers-browns-practice-injury-report-nfl/

The Pittsburgh Steelers got back to work on Wednesday in preparation for their Sunday showdown with the Cleveland Browns and several key Steelers were unable to practice.

QB Ben Roethlisberger (Non-injury related) DNP

LB Marcus Allen (Stinger) FP

K Chris Boswell (Groin) FP

S Terrell Edmunds (Shoulder) DNP

C Maurkice Pouncey (Non-injury related) DNP

G David DeCastro (Non-injury related) DNP

LB T.J. Watt (Non-injury related) DNP

DE Stephon Tuitt (Back) DNP

LB Ola Adeniyi (Shoulder) FP

DE Tyson Alualu (Ankle) DNP

DT Cam Heyward (Non-injury related) DNP

The Steelers have already said Roethlisberger won’t play this weekend. Head coach Mike Tomlin also hinted depending on availability, there could be other starters who will rest this weekend. Pittsburgh has secured the AFC North and can do no worse than the No. 3 seed in the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Steelers vs Browns injury update: Several Steelers miss Wednesday practice

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/30/steelers-browns-practice-injury-report-nfl/

The Pittsburgh Steelers got back to work on Wednesday in preparation for their Sunday showdown with the Cleveland Browns and several key Steelers were unable to practice.

QB Ben Roethlisberger (Non-injury related) DNP

LB Marcus Allen (Stinger) FP

K Chris Boswell (Groin) FP

S Terrell Edmunds (Shoulder) DNP

C Maurkice Pouncey (Non-injury related) DNP

G David DeCastro (Non-injury related) DNP

LB T.J. Watt (Non-injury related) DNP

DE Stephon Tuitt (Back) DNP

LB Ola Adeniyi (Shoulder) FP

DE Tyson Alualu (Ankle) DNP

DT Cam Heyward (Non-injury related) DNP

The Steelers have already said Roethlisberger won’t play this weekend. Head coach Mike Tomlin also hinted depending on availability, there could be other starters who will rest this weekend. Pittsburgh has secured the AFC North and can do no worse than the No. 3 seed in the playoffs.

Hmmm...non injury related not practicing.

if those are the guys- wow- I don’t know if I could hand pick them any better.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

No excuses for the BROWNS.     And the lines went up from CLE -6 to -10  from M-T-W.

GO BROWNS, time to finish 11-5.......baby !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

A lot of those Steeler non injury related DNPs are most likely the same as what we saw with Joe Thomas at the end of his career. You give those guys an extra day of rest to heal up. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

A lot of those Steeler non injury related DNPs are most likely the same as what we saw with Joe Thomas at the end of his career. You give those guys an extra day of rest to heal up. 

Yup... Stef's been doing the same thing with Bito and Conklin this season.

Still it could be a clue to some of the folks he is going to sit Sunday. He simply can't risk injury to Watt and Heyward... although Heyward was "FP" today.