THE BROWNS BOARD

This whole season long...

Orion

This whole sea - , well, I'll let calfoxwc say it;

every single game they've lost...they have come back to win the next one. We're still good.

We have seen that this is not the same ol' Browns.  We've seen it in games where a couple of things go wrong and we're like, "OK.  Here we go.  We've seen this before".  And...it didn't happen.......the other shoe didn't fall.  They fought back, got the lead, and someone......Chubb, Ward, Garrett, even D'Ernest Johnson would break a run, make a pick, or a strip-sack, and save the game.

And we've seen the hard fought loss be the springboard for a season-long train wreck.  But as calfoxwc points out, they've come back with resolve every time.

The team was blind-sided Saturday afternoon.  Every WR that plays was removed from the team.  They could not even get ONE practice session with the practice squad players.....to practice with the starters....not even one.  ( ya know, it might have been a nice gesture if they'd have pushed the game back to Monday night.  Like they've done for other teams )

Combine that with a backup LT.  And a backup to the backup RG.  And add all that to our defense which is 50% backups and backups to the backups.........and you've got a team that's basically screwed.

- I hope Goodson gets well with no lingering effects -  And that the WR's keep testing negative  -  

Every final game of the year, the Steelers beat us.  Even if they're playing backups and resting starters for the playoffs.  But we don't have those head coaches any more.  We just need to get our 4 WR's, our LT & RG back.....so we can have a fighting chance!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's true - the Browns have won every single time after a loss - at 11-5... first year, covid...etc.... We should all be proud of them.

Stefanski...this entire coaching staff have been brilliant. There wasn't much time, with no practice etc, to change their game plan - no chance to judge how much the game plan should have been changed, if at all, but with different players - as coaches, I figure it's tough to know the strengths and what works best, with all the starters that missed the game not playing.

What is really impressive, to me, is that our Browns have come so far - with a secondary with injuries.

Baker's timing was way off for good reason - and Lamm isn't any answer at LT, Harris had a tough time against a bigtime dl. With Wills and Teller in the the game, the Browns would have had a win. It is what it is this year.

I see the Browns winning the game next week if their players are back.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And if Pitt smartly rests their starters for the playoffs.

They may not.  They may want to insure they get the #2 seed and not let Buffalo sneak in over them.

Thanks for the positive posts guys. Exactly how I feel, although deep down I'm worried. The Steelers aren't just going to hand it to the Browns, I seriously doubt Tomlin "doesn't want it."

It's so important for this team to make the playoffs IMHO. If not a feeling of negativity will linger, especially with the Cle media and national media. 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

They may not.  They may want to insure they get the #2 seed and not let Buffalo sneak in over them.

Buffalo merely needs to win tonight and next week.   It would be the Steelers doing the "sneaking"  as they would need to win next week and have Buffalo lose one of these games to garner the #2 spot. 

I guess that is why the league like puts all the games on the final weekend on at the same time.    Let's say they scheduled Browns/Steelers for Sunday night.  If the Steelers knew that the Bills had clinched the #2 slot earlier in the day....THEN the Steelers  could decide to sit a bunch of their players, knowing that either win or lose they are stuck in the #3 spot.  The league would not want a prime time game like that "marred"  by a team sitting a lot of its top players. 

8 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Thanks for the positive posts guys. Exactly how I feel, although deep down I'm worried. The Steelers aren't just going to hand it to the Browns, I seriously doubt Tomlin "doesn't want it."

It's so important for this team to make the playoffs IMHO. If not a feeling of negativity will linger, especially with the Cle media and national media. 

its a crqpshoot this sunday.....even if we get our wr's  back....the d is not a playoff d....injuries play a part but its no excuse...they still have the same dl playing...goodson until yesterday has played enough to make some kind of difference...ward is playing...sendejo is playing....they don't seem to be a takeaway d...except for garrett, no one else contributes...no int's...no fumble recoveries....nothing....i agree with bellick in what he said this morning on espn...its the d...they can't get turnovers....it would be nice to force a fumble or 2 deep inside the opponents territory....it seems baker is mostly put in the position of having to drive the team 80 70 yds...it would be nice to recover a fumble on the steelers 25 yd line this week....but don't hold your breath...i think the d gives it up this week and we are out unless something changes....i particularly do not care much for our dc.....he's probably gone after this yr.anyway...

3 minutes ago, browns52 said:

.i particularly do not care much for our dc.....he's probably gone after this yr.anyway...

No, no, no. Woods has proven himself to be a very, very good defensive coordinator. He doesn't have the talent in the secondary except for Ward...., but they are going? to be 11-5 ?

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And if Pitt smartly rests their starters for the playoffs.

hold on there big fella they have had one good half in the last 4 weeks (makes me think you scared)well you shouldnt be I for one hope they have all their starters in and we kick their fucking teeth in and send them into the playoffs with a miserable lose in their rotton souls like some creeping malaise in fact I hope we break bens fucking neck

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, browns52 said:

its a crqpshoot this sunday.....even if we get our wr's  back....the d is not a playoff d....injuries play a part but its no excuse...they still have the same dl playing...goodson until yesterday has played enough to make some kind of difference...ward is playing...sendejo is playing....they don't seem to be a takeaway d...except for garrett, no one else contributes...no int's...no fumble recoveries....nothing....i agree with bellick in what he said this morning on espn...its the d...they can't get turnovers....it would be nice to force a fumble or 2 deep inside the opponents territory....it seems baker is mostly put in the position of having to drive the team 80 70 yds...it would be nice to recover a fumble on the steelers 25 yd line this week....but don't hold your breath...i think the d gives it up this week and we are out unless something changes....i particularly do not care much for our dc.....he's probably gone after this yr.anyway...

The Browns have forced 20 turnovers- although in 4 of the last 5 games they have failed to get one. They dropped 2 INTs vs the Jets, and like you mentioned in another thread, they had a strip-sack TD taken away.

47 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

No, no, no. Woods has proven himself to be a very, very good defensive coordinator. He doesn't have the talent in the secondary except for Ward...., but they are going? to be 11-5 ?

Joe Woods will stick around unless some other team throws a bunch of $$ his way. In fairness, the secondary was decimated, and the FO didn't prioritize the LB situation.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, ATOM said:

hold on there big fella they have had one good half in the last 4 weeks (makes me think you scared)well you shouldnt be I for one hope they have all their starters in and we kick their fucking teeth in and send them into the playoffs with a miserable lose in their rotton souls like some creeping malaise in fact I hope we break bens fucking neck

Well if we have all our players back I can certainly agree. But trying to beat the jets with two hands tied behind our backs was ridiculous. There is no way they could have beaten us had they not lucked into a huge COVID absence.

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well if we have all our players back I can certainly agree. But trying to beat the jets with two hands tied behind our backs was ridiculous. There is no way they could have beaten us had they not lucked into a huge COVID absence.

we were a strip no call sack away from a W yesterday

23 hours ago, Orion said:

( ya know, it might have been a nice gesture if they'd have pushed the game back to Monday night.  Like they've done for other teams )

.....and this still bugs me.  Couldn't they have moved it to Monday night, along side the Bills / Pats game?   I mean, a whole position group was pulled from the team.  Give 'em one day to do a light practice and re-group.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Joe Woods will stick around unless some other team throws a bunch of $$ his way. In fairness, the secondary was decimated, and the FO didn't prioritize the LB situation.

Of course that $$$ would have to come with a HC title. Teams can't hire away Coordinators to be their Coordinator.