THE BROWNS BOARD

The tribe

Westside Steve

https://fox8.com/sports/cleveland-indians-to-drop-team-name-new-york-times-reports/

This really sucks. I didn't see it posted by anybody else but if it is let me know and I will take this one off. Major League Baseball is officially circling the bowl anyway.. this will just take it off the ventilator.

Probably to the delight of those that hate America in the first place.

WSS

17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

https://fox8.com/sports/cleveland-indians-to-drop-team-name-new-york-times-reports/

This really sucks. I didn't see it posted by anybody else but if it is let me know and I will take this one off. Major League Baseball is officially circling the bowl anyway..

WSS

Maybe get a Native American tribe to endorse their tribal name or something. Aren't the Wannabees native to that area of Ohio?😂

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

This really sucks. I didn't see it posted by anybody else but if it is let me know and I will take this one off. Major League Baseball is officially circling the bowl anyway.. this will just take it off the ventilator.

WSS

Guess Notre Dame will be next to change their name from Fighting Irish.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Maybe get a Native American tribe to endorse their tribal name or something. Aren't the Wannabees native to that area of Ohio?😂

At least they didn’t get caught cheating...like the Houston Assholes.

Who even gives a shit at this point? The whole world is moving to blandly corporate bullshit with no identity. Why should this be any different. They should just name the team after the sponsors at this point. I'm sure the Cleveland progressives would earn the undying love of all. 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Who even gives a shit at this point? The whole world is moving to blandly corporate bullshit with no identity. Why should this be any different. They should just name the team after the sponsors at this point. I'm sure the Cleveland progressives would earn the undying love of all. 

They sort of do that already in the Nippon League in Japan.

I guess the premise of Major League has become more of a reality or at least a possible reality. Cleveland is a small Market and the owners could probably make more money by selling the team or moving the team and what better way to alienate the handful of remaining fans?

WSS

On 12/14/2020 at 10:38 AM, MLD Woody said:

If this kills baseball, then great. Win win

Baseball is way better then the NBA. That mess is unwatchable 

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I guess the premise of Major League has become more of a reality or at least a possible reality. Cleveland is a small Market and the owners could probably make more money by selling the team or moving the team and what better way to alienate the handful of remaining fans?

WSS

I looked up Paul Dolan’s worth and he, and his family are the 4th highest net worth owners in MLB. So if he wants to make more money, he needs to spend more money on better players

https://www.radio.com/sports/mlb/gallery/the-richest-mlb-owners-ranked-by-net-worth#over--3-5-billion--the-dolans-top-the-list-ckafj93zn006f3h6252iuggrz

17 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I looked up Paul Dolan’s worth and he, and his family are the 4th highest net worth owners in MLB. So if he wants to make more money, he needs to spend more money on better players

https://www.radio.com/sports/mlb/gallery/the-richest-mlb-owners-ranked-by-net-worth#over--3-5-billion--the-dolans-top-the-list-ckafj93zn006f3h6252iuggrz

Sure, who knows? Dick Jacobs could have done the same thing I suppose. Would another relief pitcher have pushed the tribe over the top? Who knows. But Jacobs did brag about his bottom line while Wayne huizenga lost a stack of cash. Nobody remembers that today do they? But he's got the pennant on his wall.

I just can't figure out any other logical reason they would make this switch. I don't know who gives a shit? Except a handful of white liberals. Maybe you know who...

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Sure, who knows? Dick Jacobs could have done the same thing I suppose. Would another relief pitcher have pushed the tribe over the top? Who knows. But Jacobs did brag about his bottom line while Wayne huizenga lost a stack of cash. Nobody remembers that today do they? But he's got the pennant on his wall.

I just can't figure out any other logical reason they would make this switch. I don't know who gives a shit? Except a handful of white liberals. Maybe you know who...

WSS

I don’t get it either. The name Indians doesn’t seem any worse then Chiefs or Braves

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've only seen a couple of morons on Facebook screaming about racism and bigots and how the name should have been changed decades ago. We probably don't have any of those people here. Hopefully... But I'm just wondering among that group how many are up for packing their shit and getting off tribal land which was, just about everything. I'm guessing somewhere between zero and none.

WSS

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I've only seen a couple of morons on Facebook screaming about racism and bigots and how the name should have been changed decades ago. We probably don't have any of those people here. Hopefully... But I'm just wondering among that group how many are up for packing their shit and getting off tribal land which was, just about everything. I'm guessing somewhere between zero and none.

WSS

You can think a name is disrespectful and that it should be changed without giving up everything you own to indigenous people. 

Again, not everything exists in an extreme.