THE BROWNS BOARD

No Browns today, so besides PTG @ BUF Tonite... who ya watchin'?

Tour2ma

You have trouble running to begin with and then you feature a short passing game that pulls the 2ndary closer to the LOS...

What could go wrong?

Defensively PTG is simply hurting, but Lordy is Heyward still dominant inside. Dude is working his sway to Canton.

51 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Perfectly understandable for a QB changing his mechanics. The golf analogy Al and Chris went into last nite is the most perfect analogy I know of... especially in tournament situations.

I thought the same of the analogy. I enjoyed that part of the broadcast. It semt a bit out of place but it was very interesting and at that moment I think defenses were getting constant 3 and outs. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You have trouble running to begin with and then you feature a short passing game that pulls the 2ndary closer to the LOS...

What could go wrong?

Defensively PTG is simply hurting, but Lordy is Heyward still dominant inside. Dude is working his sway to Canton.

LOL LOL

"Meanwhile... Josh Allen broke Jim Kelly's record:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/12/jim-kelly-bills-josh-allen-is-going-to-break-every-record-i-have.html

Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen made team history on Sunday Night Football when he broke Jim Kelly’s record for most total touchdowns in a single season in team history.

Allen threw for two touchdowns in Buffalo’s 26-15 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers which moved him to 35 total touchdowns this season. Jim Kelly’s highest single-season touchdown total with the Bills came in 1991 when he recorded 34 total touchdowns. With three games to play, Allen can add some cushion between himself and the Hall of Fame quarterback.

*****************************************************************************************************************

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

LOL LOL

"Meanwhile... Josh Allen broke Jim Kelly's record:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/12/jim-kelly-bills-josh-allen-is-going-to-break-every-record-i-have.html

Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen made team history on Sunday Night Football when he broke Jim Kelly’s record for most total touchdowns in a single season in team history.

Allen threw for two touchdowns in Buffalo’s 26-15 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers which moved him to 35 total touchdowns this season. Jim Kelly’s highest single-season touchdown total with the Bills came in 1991 when he recorded 34 total touchdowns. With three games to play, Allen can add some cushion between himself and the Hall of Fame quarterback.

*****************************************************************************************************************

This record isn't impressive in and of itself in the modern era.   Peep other rookie and single season passing records falling the last 20 years.

Cal... get off Josh Allen's dick.  We get it, you finally may have gotten one.   But at this point you're just being overwhelmingly annoying with it.  

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

This record isn't impressive in and of itself in the modern era.   Peep other rookie and single season passing records falling the last 20 years.

Cal... get off Josh Allen's dick.  We get it, you finally may have gotten one.   But at this point you're just being overwhelmingly annoying with it.  

I think he deserves more victory laps for this one. There were like 10000 posts against Allen predraft, I can handle 10-20 posts of him bragging he got it right. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think he deserves more victory laps for this one. There were like 10000 posts against Allen predraft, I can handle 10-20 posts of him bragging he got it right. 

The posts weren't *against* Allen.    Natural critique doesn't mean you're against anything.  And, even with Hindsight... Allen's collegiate film leaves a ton to be desired.   

Look no further than what is happening in San Diego with a promising rookie in Herbert.  His tape at Oregon was hot fucking garbage, can you even begin to argue that?  What the Chargers did pre-draft in their due diligence and some of the things they've set him up with no to find some early NFL success has been nothing short of a minor miracle.    Likewise for Allen.     

I mean, did you even watch JA the first couple years? The Bills won very much in-spite of him at times, not so dissimilar to what the Browns can experience with the manic highs and lows that Baker demonstrates.    So any and all "victory laps" are still rather pre-mature.    If he gets a few playoff wins under his belt we can talk then.

In the meantime, go back and sort yourself on those early draft threads.   What was weird (and still is) was Cal having full threads about Josh Rosen's dating history. Now THAT shit is what anyone would call "posting against".  

31 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

after just ONE post in this thread? maybe only two anywhere on the forum? really?

I don 't remember what you said about Allen, I just watched the game and was impressed with his game vs the really strong pittspuke defense. If you were a josh rosen fan, I'm sorry, I didn't intend to make you wet your pants, so STFU. That is a heck of a defense to have broken the record against. Allen still isn't perfect though. I am that happy to have the Bills win over the steelers. that's all.

but since you chimed in, ...

The Combine - a few days away...

tiamat63 replied to Orion's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD

...I don't support Rosen because of his "stats". I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

NOTE: Josh Rosen is still? on the Buc's practice squad.....

Trade bust: QB Josh Rosen cut by Dolphins after 1 season

https://apnews.com/b99c3606c5cb9d9ec52912da0ef366d0

Sep 05, 2020 · MIAMI (AP) — NFL cutdown day forced the Miami Dolphins to acknowledge the failure of their Josh Rosen experiment. “This just didn’t work out, and we felt it was best to move on,” coach Brian Flores said Saturday. Miami released Rosen, who was acquired from Arizona in April 2019 for second- and fifth-round draft picks.

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I don 't remember what you said about Allen, I just watched the game and was impressed with his game vs the really strong pittspuke defense. If you were a josh rosen fan, I'm sorry, I didn't intend to make you wet your pants, so STFU. That is a heck of a defense to have broken the record against. Allen still isn't perfect though. I am that happy to have the Bills win over the steelers. that's all.

but since you chimed in, ...

The Combine - a few days away...

tiamat63 replied to Orion's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD

...I don't supportRosen because of his "stats". I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

Genius, so combine what I said (which was accurate) with this...

16 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

This is the Josh Allen 2020 analysis video - None of this was visible or remotely plausible during draft discussions.

And what you have is the understanding that you wanted Josh Allen because of all his 'AfC NoRtH Qb SiZe" and little to nothing else.   

In short, you took a blind jump and MAY have gotten lucky.   Sorry, my shit is infinitely more thought out. 

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Genius, so combine what I said (which was accurate) with this...

And what you have is the understanding that you wanted Josh Allen because of all his 'AfC NoRtH Qb SiZe" and little to nothing else.   

In short, you took a blind jump and MAY have gotten lucky.   Sorry, my shit is infinitely more thought out. 

ha, his size had not much to do with it. I watched his games in college, and was working on my draft later on. It isnt' about size, of course. Look at Drew Brees, Baker, Kyler Murray, etc. I mean, Brian Sipe was only six feet, 185....

even way further back, Bill Nelson, who I admired, was only six feet tall. Doug Flutie was only 5'10" I think it was....

No, it wasn't a blind jump at all, I've talked about this over the years with others on this board - it's more about qb smarts/instincts and love for the game. That makes the difference between two college qb's who have the physical ability to play the game. That is why I was adamant about my not being a rosen fan, but was rather a Josh Allen fan. I wasn't thinking Darnold either - for the same reasons.

btw, your Josh Rosen was 6'4".

11 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Most thought Allen was average. 

(only 2, maybe 3 of us will get that) 

His accuracy had been just that  since high school, or even below average. It improved over the years, has hit a new high

this year. But the love for the game, the work ethic - shows with all sorts of qb's who don't have star studded skills all around.

Baker has had to grow - his work ethic, love for the game is second to none. We all? know Baker's history of being a walk-on.

That fierce tenacity, that love for the game, make him what he has become today. Without that? He would have not been successful, not even in college.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

His accuracy had been just that  since high school, or even below average. It improved over the years, has hit a new high

this year. But the love for the game, the work ethic - shows with all sorts of qb's who don't have star studded skills all around.

Baker has had to grow - his work ethic, love for the game is second to none. We all? know Baker's history of being a walk-on.

That fierce tenacity, that love for the game, make him what he has become today. Without that? He would have not been successful, not even in college.

But...if the Browns end up seeing Allen  in the playoffs....FUCK HIM....he can go back to being in high school.   (But I probably will wish him well otherwise) 

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

sorry, mean the thread. I know I mentioned it some other times, not often.

Only when the subject is brought up...

... "often" by you. ;)

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Only when the subject is brought up...

... "often" by you. ;)

One lucky Josh Allen stab in the dark doesn't make up for all the idiotic nonsense I guarantee he posts on the Political Forum.

Cletus the Squirrel Eatin' Hick got lucky on one. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Cletus the Squirrel Eatin' Hick got lucky on one. 

Let's not get too far down on wild game eaters now. I love me some dove breast marinated 24 hours in half buttermilk and half red wine. 

If cal ever offered me squirrel for dinner I'd damn sure eat it and like it.😋

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Let's not get too far down on wild game eaters now. I love me some dove breast marinated 24 hours in half buttermilk and half red wine. 

If cal ever offered me squirrel for dinner I'd damn sure eat it and like it.😋

As long as you are not a Pancake Eating Motherfucker.