THE BROWNS BOARD

So don't trust science too much

Westside Steve

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/16/health/baby-antibiotics-linked-to-illness-wellness/index.html

Yes yes I know for the most part I think anti-vaxxers are crazy people. On the other hand we tend to jump off the diving board a little too quickly only to find out about the unexpected consequences of no water a little too late.

WSS

23 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Antibiotics aren't a vaccination however.😁

BREAKING NEWS

Pfizer completed its coronavirus vaccine trial. It says the shots are 95 percent effective, have no serious side effects and work for older people.

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 6:48 AM EST

The drug maker Pfizer offered on Wednesday the first set of complete results from a late-stage vaccine trial as Covid-19 cases skyrocket around the globe.

The data showed that the vaccine prevented mild and severe forms of Covid-19, the company said. And it was 94 percent effective in older adults (65+), who are more vulnerable to developing severe Covid-19 and who do not respond strongly to some types of vaccines.

Also immunity after COVID appears to be very long lasting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/health/coronavirus-immunity.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20201118&instance_id=24215&nl=the-morning&regi_id=100000964&segment_id=44791&te=1&user_id=d9a86769cb7d3f13660654f8df7875af

On 11/17/2020 at 8:33 AM, Westside Steve said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/16/health/baby-antibiotics-linked-to-illness-wellness/index.html

Yes yes I know for the most part I think anti-vaxxers are crazy people. On the other hand we tend to jump off the diving board a little too quickly only to find out about the unexpected consequences of no water a little too late.

WSS

Antibiotics kill bacterial flora in our bodies...good and bad.  Its reasonable to conclude that small children may have issues when their growing bacterial colonies in their gut is decimated early in life.

Kids also dont go eat enough dirt.  Kids who go outside and play...get dirty and all that end up with stronger immune systems....

Unfortunately most people dont use antibiotics correctly...doctors prescribe them to shut mothers up even when its viral.  Companies arent making new antibiotics because there is no money in it.

On 11/18/2020 at 7:29 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Thats great news.  Hopefully it works as advertised.  These guys any relation to you Tex?

Source 1

My great, great grandfather was deputized by Texas Ranger Capt.Eli Chandler along with several others, to assist in chasing after some Comanches who had killed some settlers and abducted others all the way up into Oklahoma territory back in the days of Texas the country 1836-1845. Never caught them and were turned back to their own country by Union troops patrolling the territory. He later served in the 21st Texas Cav. during the civil war, volunteering at age 54. Not bad for an old Yankee born & raised in Maine. Since it was a temporary deputization, he is not listed as a Texas Ranger in their roles, but those "deputies" are recognized in Ranger history.

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My great, great grandfather was deputized by a Texas Ranger Capt.Eli Chandler along with several others, to assist in chasing after some Comanches who had killed some settlers and abducted others all the way up into Oklahoma territory back in the days of Texas the country 1836-1845. Never caught them and were turned back to their own country by Union troops patrolling the territory. He later served in the 21st Texas Cav. during the civil war, volunteering at age 54. Not bad for an old Yankee born & raised in Maine. Since it was a temporary deputization, he is not listed as a Texas Ranger in their roles, but those "deputies" are recognized in Ranger history.

You aint no Texas Ranger. You're a deranged Texan.

• Upvote 2

On 11/18/2020 at 8:28 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

BREAKING NEWS

Pfizer completed its coronavirus vaccine trial. It says the shots are 95 percent effective, have no serious side effects and work for older people.

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 6:48 AM EST

The drug maker Pfizer offered on Wednesday the first set of complete results from a late-stage vaccine trial as Covid-19 cases skyrocket around the globe.

The data showed that the vaccine prevented mild and severe forms of Covid-19, the company said. And it was 94 percent effective in older adults (65+), who are more vulnerable to developing severe Covid-19 and who do not respond strongly to some types of vaccines.

Also immunity after COVID appears to be very long lasting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/health/coronavirus-immunity.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20201118&instance_id=24215&nl=the-morning&regi_id=100000964&segment_id=44791&te=1&user_id=d9a86769cb7d3f13660654f8df7875af

According to two Dr friends of mine they do NOT know how long the immunity lasts afterwards and a booster two weeks later is recommended. After that, who knows?

3 hours ago, Axe said:

According to two Dr friends of mine they do NOT know how long the immunity lasts afterwards and a booster two weeks later is recommended. After that, who knows?

There is another article on how long it lasts if you actually get it and live.  I have no idea if this would be anything like being vaccinated or not. Time will tell. But it is good news for Canton Dawg who has recovered.👍

cleardot.gif

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

There is another article on how long it lasts if you actually get it and live.  I have no idea if this would be anything like being vaccinated or not. Time will tell. But it is good news for Canton Dawg who has recovered.👍

cleardot.gif

Thanks Tex...I have to ask my doctor if it’s ok for me to get the Covid vaccine.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

cleardot.gif

This is great news!  It means that President Trump has immunity!

21 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Thanks Tex...I have to ask my doctor if it’s ok for me to get the Covid vaccine.

I'm betting if you show him the article he will say you do not need it now. At any rate you were the first I thought of here that this would be helpful information to know. If you hadn't responded in some way to this thread by tonight, I would have PM'd it to you.

• Upvote 1