THE BROWNS BOARD

Covid- between a rock and a hard place

calfoxwc

so, Communist China - God hating, America hating commie china...

let this virus loose upon the entire earth. denied it, lied about it "not being contagious to humans"... it spiraled out of control

all over the entire earth.

Meanwhile, the elderly are dangerously susceptible to fatal consequences.

I mentioned elsewhere, that  one assisted living place here in ohio - 100 of 125?

got covid.

Down in Texas, the assisted living place where my Father-in-law called home for two years... didn't have one case of covid. Not one.

But that is because they closed visitation, the folks there don't go down to their fancy restaurant for 10 months - it was closed - they eat in their rooms, and don't visit each other out in the hallway anymore. They did have WINDOW visits, but who can go 1300 miles for a window visit?

Last Sunday, he died. He would have been 98 in Dec, was doing pretty well, still walking around with his fancy walker, talking to his friends at a distance in their rooms... but after months of being sedentary, and no visits, many became depressed, and so weak from seemingly endless sitting around, that several of them have been falling down in extreme dizziness and weakness.

He fell down a week ago, was in the hospital... no visitors, and was happy to go back home to the assisted living. But he went downhill very quickly, consequences from his injuries, which included a slightly fractured vertebrae

My Wife will go down there tomorrow - she just talked to him last week - only 20 people are allowed to attend the memorial service, instead of about well over a hundred - he used to pastor at that church. It has to be out in the courtyard of the church, isn't allowed to be inside.

So, it was not covid. But they are dying months later - due to seclusion, depression/loss of appetite...and inactivity.

and stress. He was very outgoing and social - many of them are huggers - or were, until covid hit our country. Many are giving up, losing their sense of humor...and loneliness is taking it's toll.

I cleared it with my Wife before posting. She adds, that she just found out, that since her Dad was a WWII veteran, the local American Legion found that out, and contacted her - they will be there to honor him with taps, full military honors.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

so, Communist China - God hating, America hating commie china...

let this virus loose upon the entire earth. denied it, lied about it "not being contagious to humans"... it spiraled out of control

all over the entire earth.

Meanwhile, the elderly are dangerously susceptible to fatal consequences.

I mentioned elsewhere, that  one assisted living place here in ohio - 100 of 125?

got covid.

Down in Texas, the assisted living place where my Father-in-law called home for two years... didn't have one case of covid. Not one.

But that is because they closed visitation, the folks there don't go down to their fancy restaurant for 10 months - it was closed - they eat in their rooms, and don't visit each other out in the hallway anymore. They did have WINDOW visits, but who can go 1300 miles for a window visit?

Last Sunday, he died. He would have been 98 in Dec, was doing pretty well, still walking around with his fancy walker, talking to his friends at a distance in their rooms... but after months of being sedentary, and no visits, many became depressed, and so weak from seemingly endless sitting around, that several of them have been falling down in extreme dizziness and weakness.

He fell down a week ago, was in the hospital... no visitors, and was happy to go back home to the assisted living. But he went downhill very quickly, consequences from his injuries, which included a slightly fractured vertebrae

My Wife will go down there tomorrow - she just talked to him last week - only 20 people are allowed to attend the memorial service, instead of about well over a hundred - he used to pastor at that church. It has to be out in the courtyard of the church, isn't allowed to be inside.

So, it was not covid. But they are dying months later - due to seclusion, depression/loss of appetite...and inactivity.

and stress. He was very outgoing and social - many of them are huggers - or were, until covid hit our country. Many are giving up, losing their sense of humor...and loneliness is taking it's toll.

I cleared it with my Wife before posting. She adds, that she just found out, that since her Dad was a WWII veteran, the local American Legion found that out, and contacted her - they will be there to honor him with taps, full military honors.

Sorry Cal.  98 a helluva long life though.  Most never come close to that.

• Thanks 1