THE BROWNS BOARD

Personal covid stories

Westside Steve

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well since I am so dense then please explain. It seems very unspecific to me. 

There are millions of babies that die of starvation. I donate yearly to Save The Children and have it selected on my Amazon Smile account so a small % of my every purchase goes to that organization. Now that is more specific.

And I give money to bums at traffic lights almost every time I go out. What's your point? Yiu just wanted to brag? 

WSS

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well since I am so dense then please explain. It seems very unspecific to me. 

There are millions of babies that die of starvation. I donate yearly to Save The Children and have it selected on my Amazon Smile account so a small % of my every purchase goes to that organization. Now that is more specific.

Yep you're an asshole...

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And I give money to bums at traffic lights almost every time I go out. What's your point? Yiu just wanted to brag? 

WSS

Vambo brought it up so I said what I do. No brag. Just fact.

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

Yep you're an asshole...

I will never deny being an asshole. Comes with the territory of being straightforward. Some just don't like it much. So I'll take that merit badge as well.

I will never deny being an asshole. Comes with the territory of being straightforward. Some just don't like it much. So I'll take that merit badge as well.

so, you are giving to help children not go hungry, but you are addicted to the leftwing democrat party and you condone the wanton

infanticide they support.

That isn't called "straightforward". Indeed, it's called "asswhole" you betcha.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

i feel bad you, you like killing babies...but keep up being an Asshole fits you well.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Vambo said:

I believe it.

It was plagiarized. My first college roommate and fellow Vietnam veteran was stopped by a girl in the San Francisco airport when he returned from there in uniform. She

asked him how many babies he killed. With a grin that was his exact answer, "Never more than I could eat."😁

My wife and I had it and we seemingly fully recovered from it.  We’ve  loaded up on a vitamin supplement.  We had a Loss of smell and taste, mild cold symptoms, fatigue.  One day I had some chest pressure the next it was gone.  It was one symptom at a time- very weird.   

Worst symptom was fatigue I felt dazed and lethargic for just a 24 hour period.  My doctor told me most people are seeing a strain of it that is very mild compared to last Spring.

Our 11 month old had it. 2 day  Fever.  Running nose.  Full of energy and appetite.  You Couldn’t tell she had it from her interactions with us. 

Our oldest daughter did not get it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

1999 vs 2020.  

Yep-he was seeking the Dems nomination for President and when he realized the were not buying, he changed tunes to con the Reps. 

Worked the same with his sudden "Christian" conversion that no church can verify actually happened other than the Holy Oners.🏌️‍♂️

Yep-he was seeking the Dems nomination for President and when he realized the were not buying, he changed tunes to con the Reps. 

Worked the same with his sudden "Christian" conversion that no church can verify actually happened other than the Holy Oners.🏌️‍♂️

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

My wife and I had it and we seemingly fully recovered from it.  We’ve  loaded up on a vitamin supplement.  We had a Loss of smell and taste, mild cold symptoms, fatigue.  One day I had some chest pressure the next it was gone.  It was one symptom at a time- very weird.   

Worst symptom was fatigue I felt dazed and lethargic for just a 24 hour period.  My doctor told me most people are seeing a strain of it that is very mild compared to last Spring.

It’s hitting closer to home for me here as well. My step grandma and her husband caught it. A friend who lives near me posted a rather detailed thing on Facebook about contracting it, and between her explanation, yours, and Steve’s in the OP, l don’t recall the loss of taste/smell being such a highly mentioned symptom. Or am l misremembering from earlier this year? That’s curious to me because l can’t help but wonder if it somehow affects the brain?

a friend says her friend heads up an assisted living place in OHio?

and with about 132 residents...

100 came down with it.

Not good folks. Too many people still NOT wearing masks and being careful.

50 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

It’s hitting closer to home for me here as well. My step grandma and her husband caught it. A friend who lives near me posted a rather detailed thing on Facebook about contracting it, and between her explanation, yours, and Steve’s in the OP, l don’t recall the loss of taste/smell being such a highly mentioned symptom. Or am l misremembering from earlier this year? That’s curious to me because l can’t help but wonder if it somehow affects the brain?

How COVID-19 can damage the brain

Some people who become ill with the coronavirus develop neurological symptoms. Scientists are struggling to understand why.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How COVID damages the brain

COVID can cause damage to the brain directly by encephalitis, which may have devastating or subtle consequences. In one British study of 12 patients with encephalitis, one made a full recovery, 10 made a partial recovery, and one died. This study also found that a number of patients with COVID suffered strokes. In fact, COVID infection is a risk factor for strokes. A group of Canadian doctors found that individuals over 70 years of age were at particularly high risk for stroke related to COVID infection, but even young individuals are seven times more likely to have a stroke from this coronavirus versus a typical flu virus.

Autopsy data from COVID patients in Finland suggests that another major cause of brain damage is lack of oxygen. Particularly worrisome is that several of the patients who were autopsied did not show any signs of brain injury during the course of their COVID infection — yet all had brain damage. In one patient there was loss of taste, and in two there was “minimal respiratory distress,” but none of these patients were thought to have any brain damage while alive.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-hidden-long-term-cognitive-effects-of-covid-2020100821133
  • Thanks 1