THE BROWNS BOARD

For those who pretend to care about social security

Westside Steve

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Ha, as if I'm going to get any social security money

You're a smart guy and will probably earn a fairly decent living. I would suggest that you invest and not count on Social Security. I wish I'd had that option when I was your age. And hopefully that option will be available to you. Seems to me like Social Security is being transition to into more of a welfare program than an investment. 

Who knows how that transformation will take place?

WSS

59 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You're a smart guy and will probably earn a fairly decent living. I would suggest that you invest and not count on Social Security. I wish I'd had that option when I was your age. And hopefully that option will be available to you. Seems to me like Social Security is being transition to into more of a welfare program than an investment. 

Who knows how that transformation will take place?

WSS

Believe me I'm not counting on Social Security. It's basically just a tax on me to pay for the older generation after mismanaging funds for decades. I don't expect any of it back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Ha, as if I'm going to get any social security money

I had the same philosophy when I was your age.

I began with opening a 401k with my employer in the late 1980’s.

Fortunately, all of my subsequent employers offered matching investments.

Then I started buying rental properties, and eventually ended up with 7 of them.

Now at the age of 59 I’m cashing in my investments and plan on retiring in early 2021.

Moral of the story, don’t count on any type of government assistance...if it’s there when I turn 62 it’s nothing more than a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I had the same philosophy when I was your age.

I began with opening a 401k with my employer in the late 1980’s.

Fortunately, all of my subsequent employers offered matching investments.

Then I started buying rental properties, and eventually ended up with 7 of them.

Now at the age of 59 I’m cashing in my investments and plan on retiring in early 2021.

Moral of the story, don’t count on any type of government assistance...if it’s there when I turn 62 it’s nothing more than a bonus.

That's how I'm looking at it. 

My buddy and I talked about going in on a rental property too. We'll see. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Keep kidding yourself......you have no buddies.

well, he does have his nanny Hoorta...and Tex who apparently wants to move into to live with the woodpecker. Hoorta lets him next up in his tree in the backyard. I guess Hoorta will bring both of them worms and birdseed for breakfast. Tex may not stay there long, but who knows.Woven-Treehouse-by-Tom-Hare_2.jpg

14 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, he does have his nanny Hoorta...and Tex who apparently wants to move into to live with the woodpecker. Hoorta lets him next up in his tree in the backyard. I guess Hoorta will bring both of them worms and birdseed for breakfast. Tex may not stay there long, but who knows.Woven-Treehouse-by-Tom-Hare_2.jpg

These are the ramblings I'd expect to hear walking down a hallway in a retirement home.