THE BROWNS BOARD

This Is What It Looks Like

TexasAg1969

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

Was he following CDC guidelines and wearing a mask?  How did he get Covid-19?

Actually they were very meticulous (wife got a milder case she was over within 2-3 weeks). But they went to see their kids and grandkids (none of whom tuned up positive since they got tested after Terry got it). They also did not stay with them but instead stayed in a bed & breakfast. They are fairly certain they must have picked it up there in the room since they just stayed and did not go out except to outdoor restaurants with the relatives. They can't really be certain since they were always wearing masks and staying socially distant. The damn stuff is a mystery on how it transfers to some worse than others. His wife had far worse preconditions and he was in great shape, so why did he have a worse case? Nobody can figure that one out either.

EDIT: Thanks for asking.

BTW-both my kids & spouses and their kids had to be tested this week due to two different exposures and all 7 came back negative last night and Mon night. Relieved to say the least since two have asthma. They all use masks & distancing as were the people who had it positive right after they were around them. That helped we think.

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Actually they were very meticulous (wife got a milder case she was over within 2-3 weeks). But they went to see their kids and grandkids (none of whom tuned up positive since they got tested after Terry got it). They also did not stay with them but instead stayed in a bed & breakfast. They are fairly certain they must have picked it up there in the room since they just stayed and did not go out except to outdoor restaurants with the relatives. They can't really be certain since they were always wearing masks and staying socially distant. The damn stuff is a mystery on how it transfers to some worse than others. His wife had far worse preconditions and he was in great shape, so why did he have a worse case? Nobody can figure that one out either.

EDIT: Thanks for asking.

BTW-both my kids & spouses and their kids had to be tested this week due to two different exposures and all 7 came back negative last night and Mon night. Relieved to say the least since two have asthma. They all use masks & distancing as were the people who had it positive right after they were around them. That helped we think.

So how can you blame Trump for this?   It's insanity to do so...

1 minute ago, Vambo said:

So how can you blame Trump for this?   It's insanity to do so...

Like I said. They just are not certain. They can't remember dropping their guard. But you have to take a mask off to eat out too. Could have been a waiter for all they know. I guarantee they have tried to figure it out but just don't recall.

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Like I said. They just are not certain. They can't remember dropping their guard. But you have to take a mask off to eat out too. Could have been a waiter for all they know. I guarantee they have tried to figure it out but just don't recall.

Again how can you blame Trump?

Just now, Vambo said:

Again how can you blame Trump?

Had trumpy started any kind of program to get this under control early we would not have to have it so widespread. As it is he was still using his spreader rally events to just keep it going even as late as Monday. And guess who pays for that? Mostly his supporters and anyone they are around after they bring it back from those damn things.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Had trumpy started any kind of program to get this under control early we would not have to have it so widespread. As it is he was still using his spreader rally events to just keep it going even as late as Monday. And guess who pays for that? Mostly his supporters and anyone they are around after they bring it back from those damn things.

Who do you think with what was know would have done better?   He did control it early with travel ban when there were ZERO deaths in the USA... Who would have been able to control it?   How?  It's a virus and they spread sooner or later the lock downs were to slow it down you cannot contain it don't let you hate over rule common sense.

And if you don't think there wouldn't have been worse shortages and violence had he released the severity of the virus sooner you're fooling yourself.

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Do you blame the Democrats for allowing the protests and riots? Partying in China town?  

The huge funeral procession for Floyd?

8 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Is that just another way of saying “lockdown”?

Nope, but at any point had he at least embraced masking, social distancing, hand washing as recommended by his own COVID team instead of holding ridiculous spreader rallies, he would have won this election easily. Instead, as of this moment, it became one of the closest elections ever and still not really decided. He has no one else to blame but himself for not starting that early and sticking to it. I think that is why the Reps held the Senate and gained in the house. Win or lose this did not have to be this close because it is obvious people like me and hoorta voted against him, but for conservative Rep otherwise. It's a clear message to both parties. Rejection of far left politics and of trumpy autocracy. Neither is good for the country.

• Thanks 1

Last entry on Terry for a while because it appears he is finally showing clear signs of eventual recovery. When he goes home (and I think he will), I'll post it. Our dear friend (and spouse) we have done many things with including trips to Colorado since we moved here in the mid-80's, is greatly relieved about her brother whom she gave up for dead a couple of weeks back.

Terry's wife posted this last night. The time on the trach collar refers to breathing on his own, the longest time since they attached it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We have good news to report tonight!

I had a good visit with Terry today.  While there, I spoke with his doctor who is very pleased with Terry’s progress.  Continuous dialysis was turned off this afternoon  and tomorrow’s plan is to start intermittent dialysis.

He was on the trach collar for 5 1/2 hours today and they were able to attach a speaking valve!  You can imagine my surprise and joy when the nurse called this morning and put Terry on the phone!!  Then he called Amanda and Allison to surprise them.  Grandson Sam was home at the time, so he got to tell Grandpa a joke, making Grandpa laugh!

All that, plus a workout with the occupational therapist caused increased breathing.  He was really tired and needed to rest.  At least now they know his limits!"