THE BROWNS BOARD

Who in the hell elected you?

Canton Dawg

19 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Watch this clip of Senator Ted Cruz ripping Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey a new ass! 😂😂😂😂

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cruz-grills-twitter-ceo-dorsey-restricting-hunter-biden-stories

saw just a little bit of it - those ceo's are worse than arrogant - like online darth vaders or something.

sick stuff. They really don't want their power to control elections and messaging shut down.

too damn bad. All three remind me of hoorta...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It is a shame that the only way to report on any news story in this country is through Twitter. Just twitter. We should really come up with other options. 

Censoring the Biden story: How social media becomes state media

https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/521517-censoring-the-biden-story-how-social-media-becomes-state-media

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bombshell and the blackout: How the media is covering Hunter Biden

https://knewz.com/hunter-biden-emails-media-coverage/

Coverage of Hunter’s emails could not be easily found at The New York Times until 12 hours after the story broke, when it published a denial by the Biden campaign. Times reporter Maggie Haberman was lambasted by Twitter followers for being one of the few NYT journalists willing to acknowledge the Post article.

It’s a story that merits the attention of other journalists, political operatives, national security experts, and also the public at large—not least of all because there are serious questions about its accuracy, reliability, and sourcing. And yet many in the media are choosing not just to ignore the story, but to actively encourage others to suppress any discussion of it.

The Media Does Not Want You To Read, Share, or Discuss The New York Post’s Hunter Biden Scoop

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It is a shame that the only way to report on any news story in this country is through Twitter. Just twitter. We should really come up with other options. 

Censorship is a shame.

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yep. The story is completely censored now. No one even knows about it. Another win for government censorship. 

Yet the Trump tax returns story is all over the place.

See how that works?....probably not.

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Unfortunately woodpecker I believe your generation is it on record for getting most of their news from social media. Not sure about the Boomers maybe newspapers or network news? Cable news? Of course no matter how old you are the horse we call Honest news has escaped the barn long ago.

WSS

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Unfortunately woodpecker I believe your generation is it on record for getting most of their news from social media. Not sure about the Boomers maybe newspapers or network news? Cable news? Of course no matter how old you are the horse we call Honest news has escaped the barn long ago.

WSS

My generation also has a better ability to distinguish biased and fake news..  so there's that. 

We also don't watch TV. So that cuts down on a lot of it. 

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yet the Trump tax returns story is all over the place.

See how that works?....probably not.

Your "counterpoint" actually had no relevance there...

So it's looking more like you aren't seeing how this works...

No one is forcing anyone to use twitter. You gotta love conservatives not wanting any govt intervention into businesses except when that intervention does something they want...

29 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Your "counterpoint" actually had no relevance there...

So it's looking more like you aren't seeing how this works...

No one is forcing anyone to use twitter. You gotta love conservatives not wanting any govt intervention into businesses except when that intervention does something they want...

When you have a media platform censoring a news outlet...there’s the problem (I’m actually dumbfounded that I have to point that out to you).

Obviously you’re ok with censorship, way to go Comrade!

Just now, Canton Dawg said:

When you have a media platform censoring a news outlet...there’s the problem (I’m actually dumbfounded that I have to point that out to you).

Obviously you’re ok with censorship, way to go Comrade!

And you're ok with telling private companies how to run their business, comrade. 

If there was only one social media site, or an inability to make a new one, you might have point. But that isn't the case. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

My generation also has a better ability to distinguish biased and fake news..  so there's that. 

so you say. But I don't believe it.

We also don't watch TV. So that cuts down on a lot of it. 

I would think social media is lots worse than TV.

WSS

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1010456/united-states-millennials-news-consumption/#:~:text=Data from a survey held,a source of news daily.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

They still watch TV, only it is the size of their cell phone.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Awww I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad. But yes I think it happens a lot in any forum based on confrontation.

w

Why would I be sad? You have a very loose grip on reality. There's nothing new there. 

People that do what you said are very pathetic and can't think for themselves. 

Who you think those people are is your own issue

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

You can not believe it all you want, but that doesn't make you right. Studies have been done. I've posted them. Boomers are more easily tricked by fake news. They haven't grown up with the internet.

That's why, once they got on Facebook, it was game over. That's why groups like QAnon became a real thing. This board provides plenty of evidence for it. 

I'd also be interested in seeing data on their Facebook usage now, instead of in 2015 when your study was done. 

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You can not believe it all you want, but that doesn't make you right. Studies have been done. I've posted them. Boomers are more easily tricked by fake news. They haven't grown up with the internet.

That's why, once they got on Facebook, it was game over. That's why groups like QAnon became a real thing. This board provides plenty of evidence for it. 

I'd also be interested in seeing data on their Facebook usage now, instead of in 2015 when your study was done. 

5 years difference would be a big split in age group. Especially the young ones. I was surprised that the pizza chick, a sophomore, didn't have a Facebook account just Instagram. I think Instagram is fairly useless. I have an account but not really sure what it's good for.

WSS

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And you're ok with telling private companies how to run their business, comrade. 

If there was only one social media site, or an inability to make a new one, you might have point. But that isn't the case. 

My problem is with Twitter pretending to be an opinion based platform.

Until they start fact checking certain high ranking public officials, and then they want to be a journalist based platform (big difference).

They need to stick to one side of the road or the other, they can’t have it both ways.

I’ll give you one example, Trump wants to block certain people from his Twitter feed but the Twitter Overlords said he couldn’t because he’s an elected official.

I asked Congressman Tim Ryan on Twitter about his dealings with the Awan brothers, and that prick blocked me.

What the fuck is the difference? Isn’t a Congressman an elected official?

The difference is Twitter will go to great lengths to protect their Democratic peeps.

I hope that clears things up.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

My problem is with Twitter pretending to be an opinion based platform.

Until they start fact checking certain high ranking public officials, and then they want to be a journalist based platform (big difference).

They need to stick to one side of the road or the other, they can’t have it both ways.

I’ll give you one example, Trump wants to block certain people from his Twitter feed but the Twitter Overlords said he couldn’t because he’s an elected official.

I asked Congressman Tim Ryan on Twitter about his dealings with the Awan brothers, and that prick blocked me.

What the fuck is the difference? Isn’t a Congressman an elected official?

The difference is Twitter will go to great lengths to protect their Democratic peeps.

I hope that clears things up.

The courts ruled Trump can't block users, just fyi. 

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

But it’s ok for a Congressman to block someone?

That sounds fair.

One would think that people on both sides of the aisle would be distressed about the current situation. As bad as it ever was and worse. And we really honestly are powerless to do anything about it no matter who you love or who you hate.

Maybe it's true, at the end of the day who really gives a shit?

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course no matter how old you are the horse we call Honest news has escaped the barn long ago.

WSS

Correct. I never could stand Ted Cruz, but I'm so happy he ripped that guy. 

• Like 1