THE BROWNS BOARD

Over 6,000 scientists sign petition calling for end of coronavirus lockdowns

Vambo

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/irreparable-damage-over-6-000-scientists-sign-petition-calling-for-end-of-coronavirus-lockdowns

"As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection,” states the petition, which was signed by over 2,800 medical and public health scientists, over 3,700 medical practitioners, and over 60,000 private citizens, according to Newsweek. "Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health."

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This is ignorant

But morons that get confused by numbers I'm sure will fall for it

Maybe you can help determine what numbers I'm confused by: I'll attach Ohio's coronavirus numbers here, but I'm going to outline some of them for you. 

0-19 -.01% or 99.98% survival rate

20-29 - .037 or 99.86% survival rate 

30-39 - .14 or 99.86% survival rate 

40-49 - .38 or 99.62% survival rate 

50-59- 1.2 or 98.8% survival rate 

60-69- 4 or 96% survival rate

70-79 11 or 89% survival rate 

80-89 -whopping 25% or 75% survival rate. 

Yes much higher than seasonal flu but only as age increases. Why is this context important? 

It is, because the social security administration, pre-covid states that a 65 year old male's chances of living to 70 are 90% or 10% expected to die. Their chances of living to 80 are 62% or 38% expected to die. Chances of living to 90 are a miniscule 22% or 78% expected to die. 

So these deaths are not unexpected, not particularly tragic and we shouldn't be shutting down the country indefinitely to prevent them. We cannot prevent death. I know we're all pretty arrogant and we think no one should have to die but unfortunately, everyone has to die. 

Screenshot_20201007-082532_Chrome.jpg

probability_of_65_year_old_living_to_a_given_age_by_sex_year_1080_729_80.jpg

_112230677_optimised-mortality_rates-nc-3.png

-1x-1.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Tested positive last Friday. Never was too worried about catching it, but I’ve never been so sick for so long. I’ll need a new stomach and maybe a new lung or two when this is over. 

I don’t think my lungs will be the same since I contracted it.

Well wishes my fellow Browns fan.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Tested positive last Friday. Never was too worried about catching it, but I’ve never been so sick for so long. I’ll need a new stomach and maybe a new lung or two when this is over. 

oh, no, I'm so sorry again that someone else got it. Hope it goes well and you and yours are ok soon.