THE BROWNS BOARD

Democrat gives maggot infested apples to wildfire victims

Vambo

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee gives maggot-infested apples to wildfire victims, regrets 'mistake'

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee gives maggot-infested apples to wildfire victims

The Democrat, in an effort to bring comfort to communities in Eastern Washington devastated by recent wildfires, unknowingly and illegally gifted baskets of apples from his orchard in Olympia that were later found to be infested with apple maggot larvae, according to reports.

5 hours ago, Vambo said:
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee gives maggot-infested apples to wildfire victims, regrets 'mistake'

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee gives maggot-infested apples to wildfire victims

The Democrat, in an effort to bring comfort to communities in Eastern Washington devastated by recent wildfires, unknowingly and illegally gifted baskets of apples from his orchard in Olympia that were later found to be infested with apple maggot larvae, according to reports.

Well even "survival skills" cal will admit that maggots are full of protein. Just cook it down into applesauce. LOL!😋

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well even "survival skills" cal will admit that maggots are full of protein. Just cook it down into applesauce. LOL!😋

I thought it was wax worms. Neither one is readily available in the wild.

Now, ants and grasshoppers, just roast em over an open fire well done and....

actually, I have never tried them.

But cattails = those are great food. The roots are a poor man's potatoes.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I thought it was wax worms. Neither one is readily available in the wild.

Now, ants and grasshoppers, just roast em over an open fire well done and....

actually, I have never tried them.

But cattails = those are great food. The roots are a poor man's potatoes.

When I lived in Venezuela I discovered the wonderful taste of yucca root. It's a bit stringier than potato, but has a very excellent taste and fried yucca  

tastes far better to me that fried potato. And now you can find it in grocery stores around here. I don't know about Ohio. Anyway.............yum!😋

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-symantec-ext_onb&hsimp=yhs-ext_onb&hspart=symantec&p=yucca+root#id=2&vid=a061a70b31fed16dda9301cc7cf7308a&action=click