THE BROWNS BOARD

Biden's deferments to avoid military service

calfoxwc

what goes around, comes around, eh Tex?

https://www.redstate.com/scotthounsell/2020/09/15/joe-biden-received-five-deferments-from-serving-during-vietnam-conflict/

"vote for biden because Trump got deferments"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

I'm not sure Cpl. Bonespurs would have much ground from which to attack Biden on this one, tbh.

sure, but he isn't. It's the left cherry-picking, quite dishonestly, dissing Trump for the deferments, when

they don't include biden in the same breath.

It's called TDS.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

So the Dems won’t hold Admiral Asthma to the same standards as Capt Bonespurs? 

In a perfect world? Then yes, Democrats would hold Biden to the same standards that they hold Trump to, and Republicans would do the same with Trump. Unfortunately, we do not live in perfect world, so Democrats most likely will not do so. However, I can also say there is also a high probability that the same conservatives who are making a big deal about Biden's deferments are also glossing over Trump's deferments at the same time, so it's pretty much mental masturbation at this point for either side of the political isle to criticize either candidate's military deferment record. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Something like what 2% of people serve in military? We have a higher percentage on this board.

But come on we hear a shitload more about bone spurs than we do Crazy Joe's deferment. Especially from people who supported war hero Obama or war hero Hillary.

WSS

Or...I’ll run off to Canada like Billy Bob Clinton.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

In a perfect world? Then yes, Democrats would hold Biden to the same standards that they hold Trump to, and Republicans would do the same with Trump. Unfortunately, we do not live in perfect world, so Democrats most likely will not do so. However, I can also say there is also a high probability that the same conservatives who are making a big deal about Biden's deferments are also glossing over Trump's deferments at the same time, so it's pretty much mental masturbation at this point for either side of the political isle to criticize either candidate's military deferment record. 

I disagree. I don't remember anyone ever mentioning biden's deferments, nor clinton's, not obaMao's.

Bringing up biden's is only to respond to the many, many attacks on Pres Trump and his having gotten deferments.

Nothing wrong with deferments - I had one because of my knee, had to talk my way two and a half years later.