THE BROWNS BOARD

Major US city may soon allow 16-year-olds to vote, could others could follow suit?

Vambo

3 hours ago, BrownsKidd said:

Of course... my initial post could be considered both scenarios.  But my thoughts on any 16 year old, 18 year old or even mid-20s with no contribution to society stand. 

What age should citizens be able to vote?  18, 21, 24, 25.  Should a person have some life and social experience before they can formulate their own opinion on politics.  Our children, for the most part, take on a parents worldview.  I do believe that is changing as information is so easily accessed, but I do believe that once a child hits adulthood, many of the opinions they would hold as a teen will or do change.  I know that happened for me.  And views do change even well into adulthood.  I just am not sure that a 16 year old is ready, but I have known many 16 year olds that are much more emotionally and socially mature than adults.  

It's a tough topic, and I'm not sure how one can determine whether someone is mentally ready to vote.  So I guess 18 it is.

Those are fair points

As you get to the other end of the age scale you have a loss of mental aptitude and the loss of having to deal with their decisions for any extended period of time. If someone that is 80 doesn't think climate change is real, so they vote against measures to slow it, they won't see the consequences of their actions. 

OTH, my 97 year old Father-in-law has far more common sense than woodpecker has ever shown, and more apt

to critically think than Tex on his worst day, and more able to critically think than Hoorta on any day. lol

man made global warming is a fraud- it's about emotional plea to vote leftwing, and redistribution of wealth globally, per the UN.

have a nice day in reality land:

Is Global Warming Science Just A Fraud? | Investor's ...

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/is...

Feb 25, 2017 · Is Global Warming Science Just A Fraud? Climate Change: We're often told by advocates of climate change that the "science is settled." But in fact, "science" itself is in a deep crisis over making...

Nolte: Scientists Prove Man-Made Global Warming Is a Hoax

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/04/09/...

Apr 09, 2019 · The far-left ThinkProgress reports that scientists have finally proven that the theory of man-made Global Warming is a total hoax. Of course, no one will admit it, but that is exactly what has happened. A new scientific study shows has revealed the following:

AFA.net - 90 Scientists: Global Warming Is a Total Hoax

https://www.afa.net/the-stand/culture/2019/07/90...

Jul 09, 2019 · Not only does man-caused global warming not exist, but it is also the scientific hoax of the century. And 90 leading Italian scientists say so. All of them signed a detailed letter to lawmakers which challenges the claim that man is causing catastrophic global warming, and that CO2 emissions are the culprit.