THE BROWNS BOARD

Covid Misinformation

htownbrown

I get it, Trump has his fair share, but these are "experts".  I know racism and 'rona are the en vogue topics these days, but you're not expressing reality when you combine the two.

Money and hospitals are not going to PREVENT you from getting 'rona, that's not how this works.  On the treatment side, there may be a point, but not on prevention.  That is about you're personal choices, if it's to be anyone's fault.

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

What do you think he's presenting that isn't "reality"?

It's a study showing black people are more likely to get Covid. That speaks to various issues on structural / historic racism. 

Because as I said just one post ago, healthcare facilities, like hospitals and clinics, are not designed to PREVENT anyone from being infected by 'Rona.  They are for treatment of infectious disease, which there isn't much of one anyway.

Clearly, rural counties are going to have lower numbers of infection for many obvious reasons not related to race.  

Just now, htownbrown said:

Because as I said just one post ago, healthcare facilities, like hospitals and clinics, are not designed to PREVENT anyone from being infected by 'Rona.  They are for treatment of infectious disease, which there isn't much of one anyway.

Clearly, rural counties are going to have lower numbers of infection for many obvious reasons not related to race.  

Sure but this story/study is about more than that. 

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure but this story/study is about more than that. 

The guy clearly said it's about funding for healthcare.

What social deterrents do you think are causing this Woody?  Segregation?  If so, please explain.

I can buy hand sanitizer, masks^, and soap in any part of this dirty ass town.  Every "maskhole" video you've posted suggests that's all you need to do.  You only need be 18 to apply for subsidized living arrangements these days.  There obviously is something to say about cultural practices, but that will certainly take some self reflection by specific groups of people.

2 hours ago, htownbrown said:

The guy clearly said it's about funding for healthcare.

What social deterrents do you think are causing this Woody?  Segregation?  If so, please explain.

I can buy hand sanitizer, masks^, and soap in any part of this dirty ass town.  Every "maskhole" video you've posted suggests that's all you need to do.  You only need be 18 to apply for subsidized living arrangements these days.  There obviously is something to say about cultural practices, but that will certainly take some self reflection by specific groups of people.

Long forms of systemic racism have led to African Americans and other minorities living in less desirable, lower income, more dense populated areas. That would make it easier to catch. In addition, someone in a lower paying position is more likely to need to go to work for a living, than work remotely. Labor jobs in manufacturing aren't going to be remote. Having to commute and work with others adds to the chance if getting Covid. In that case being wealthier does help prevent Covid. Things like this add up. 

If someone doesn't believe that housing policy decisions (among other things) from decades ago affect the current state of minorities in this country today though then they aren't going to believe what I said above. 

That's what I got from that video. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Long forms of systemic racism have led to African Americans and other minorities living in less desirable, lower income, more dense populated areas. That would make it easier to catch. In addition, someone in a lower paying position is more likely to need to go to work for a living, than work remotely. Labor jobs in manufacturing aren't going to be remote. Having to commute and work with others adds to the chance if getting Covid. In that case being wealthier does help prevent Covid. Things like this add up. 

If someone doesn't believe that housing policy decisions (among other things) from decades ago affect the current state of minorities in this country today though then they aren't going to believe what I said above. 

Translation: Rioting and looting are catching up with them.

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I have a feeling if this was happening to white people at a similar rate, it would be more about stupidity than privilege.  But that's neither here nor there at this point so...moving on.

White people live in crammed apartments too.  Sure the paint job is probably better and has less trash laying around the complex, but the distancing isn't much different.  As you like pointing out in other threads, some 3rd world countries have better stats than us on fighting this.  You really want to talk living conditions?  Every road leads to racism with you.

As far as work goes, do you think every white person sits at a computer all day?  C'mon man.  You fucking know better.

Back to reality...

Obesity and diabetes also dominate the covid stats.  Guess who have the highest rates of those cases as well.  Guess who drinks the most soda.  Guess who eats the most potato chips.  On and on, I could go.

Water is cheaper than Coke and apples are cheaper than chips where I live, so please don't attempt to go on about opportunities to buy real food.  How much can a dozen eggs possibly cost in Ohio?  Rice?  Beans?  I'm just not entertaining that, before you even start in on it.

JB got me interested in "viral load" in another thread.  From what I've read, diet has a heavy influence on that front.  This virus appears to be affecting people who have made poor lifestyle choices far greater than most.  Occam's razor, right?  

I can certainly believe, as you do, black people had a rough start in this country and at the same time believe they have a lot of self inflicted wounds that have nothing to do with racism.  (Or are so damn removed from it, it's irrelevant)

You've already convinced yourself it's the standard one size fits all answer though.  FFS.

11 hours ago, htownbrown said:

I have a feeling if this was happening to white people at a similar rate, it would be more about stupidity than privilege.  But that's neither here nor there at this point so...moving on.

White people live in crammed apartments too.  Sure the paint job is probably better and has less trash laying around the complex, but the distancing isn't much different.  As you like pointing out in other threads, some 3rd world countries have better stats than us on fighting this.  You really want to talk living conditions?  Every road leads to racism with you.

As far as work goes, do you think every white person sits at a computer all day?  C'mon man.  You fucking know better.

Back to reality...

Obesity and diabetes also dominate the covid stats.  Guess who have the highest rates of those cases as well.  Guess who drinks the most soda.  Guess who eats the most potato chips.  On and on, I could go.

Water is cheaper than Coke and apples are cheaper than chips where I live, so please don't attempt to go on about opportunities to buy real food.  How much can a dozen eggs possibly cost in Ohio?  Rice?  Beans?  I'm just not entertaining that, before you even start in on it.

JB got me interested in "viral load" in another thread.  From what I've read, diet has a heavy influence on that front.  This virus appears to be affecting people who have made poor lifestyle choices far greater than most.  Occam's razor, right?  

I can certainly believe, as you do, black people had a rough start in this country and at the same time believe they have a lot of self inflicted wounds that have nothing to do with racism.  (Or are so damn removed from it, it's irrelevant)

You've already convinced yourself it's the standard one size fits all answer though.  FFS.

RI2020SP.png,,&width=378&trim=true

19 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It's clear that COVID 19 IS A RACIST virus.😂

Just when I think I've heard it all, tomorrow comes and leaves me shaking my head all over again.

The good news is my neck and traps are freaking stacked.