THE BROWNS BOARD

Biden's appeal to the Muslims

A Muslim Teen In Biden's New Campaign Ad Says She Doesn't Support Him, But Was There To Press Him On Climate Change

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/muslim-bernie-teen-biden-campaign-ad

"I was there for asking a question and he does not have my support."

sub-buzz-356-1580828887-4.jpg?crop=1600%

Sabirah Mahmud

Sabirah Mahmud was watching one of Joe Biden's new Democratic presidential campaign ads recently when she got a shock: her own face flashing across the screen as part of a montage of fans.

In fact, the 17-year-old doesn't support the former vice president. Mahmud, a supporter of Bernie Sanders, had only attended the Biden event to ask him a question about climate change policy.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Every presidential election already involves pandering to Christians. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather religion not be involved at all, but this seems pretty tame. It's just a different religion being pandered to. 

Were you able to listen to the tape? He promises to end the Muslim ban on his very first day at office.

WSS

53 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Were you able to listen to the tape? He promises to end the Muslim ban on his very first day at office.

WSS

Right, he's pandering.

Honestly I didn't even realize that was still in place. Goes to show you how much other crazy shit has happened. 

And I realize it isn't actually a ban on Muslims, but a ban on some majority Muslim countries. The intent still seemed pretty clear. 

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Right, he's pandering.

Honestly I didn't even realize that was still in place. Goes to show you how much other crazy shit has happened. 

And I realize it isn't actually a ban on Muslims, but a ban on some majority Muslim countries. The intent still seemed pretty clear. 

That was my point Woodrow. That was the point of the sergeant hulka quote. Maybe you never saw stripes. Not a problem. But yes I think the band was what 2017 and only against a handful of terrorist countries. Just like President Obama did probably while Joe was in the bathroom jerking off to a Highlights magazine.

WSS

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That was my point Woodrow. That was the point of the sergeant hulka quote. Maybe you never saw stripes. Not a problem. But yes I think the band was what 2017 and only against a handful of terrorist countries. Just like President Obama did probably while Joe was in the bathroom jerking off to a Highlights magazine.

WSS

I'm still not seeing the whole "if this was Christians instead of Muslims you'd all be so mad!!!" angle though.  

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm still not seeing the whole "if this was Christians instead of Muslims you'd all be so mad!!!" angle though.  

Hey if you think you've heard a similar speech of a similar length and similar intensity sucking up to Christians good for you. I don't think one exists but who knows.

But if he's going to end a Muslim ban that never existed great. I feel a lot safer. Maybe he can get Congress to write a law stating that lynching Negroes is illegal on day one. 

WSS

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hey if you think you've heard a similar speech of a similar length and similar intensity sucking up to Christians good for you. I don't think one exists but who knows.

But if he's going to end a Muslim ban that never existed great. I feel a lot safer. Maybe he can get Congress to write a law stating that lynching Negroes is illegal on day one. 

WSS

It's called every presidential campaign that's ever occured Steve haha. I get it though, it's so common place that it doesn't even register. The "Muslim" angle though is different than the norm so it sticks out. Trump pepper sprayed protestors to get a photo op with a Bible at a church. 

There are many people that would debate the intent of the ban with you, but it clearly targeted Muslims more than others. 

22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It's called every presidential campaign that's ever occured Steve haha. I get it though, it's so common place that it doesn't even register. The "Muslim" angle though is different than the norm so it sticks out. Trump pepper sprayed protestors to get a photo op with a Bible at a church. 

There are many people that would debate the intent of the ban with you, but it clearly targeted Muslims more than others. 

The Muslims in...

Countries with the largest Muslim population

Major regions of the Muslim world with a culturally Islamic population are in Central Asia, the entire Middle East (Western Asia), most of North Africa (and the Horn of Africa), most of West Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia.

List of countries where the majority of the population are followers of Islam religion.

Countries with the highest percentage of Muslims (more than 90% of the population) are Mauritania, Maldives, Afghanistan, Tunisia, Iran, Morocco, Yemen, Tajikistan, Iraq, Somalia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Niger, Comoros, Algeria, Palestinian Territories, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Djibouti, Libya, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Senegal, Kosovo, Gambia, Mali, Jordan, Turkmenistan, Egypt and Syria.

Countries with a high percentage of Muslims (more than 70% of the population) are Kyrgyzstan, Oman, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Guinea, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Sierra Leone, Kazakhstan, Bahrain, and Brunei.

Countries with a significant percentage of Muslims (more than 50% of the population) are Malaysia, Burkina Faso, Lebanon, Albania, Chad, Nigeria, and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Countries with the world's largest Muslim population (more than 10 million, in million) are: Indonesia (205 m), Pakistan (178 m), India (172 m), Bangladesh (145.6 m), Nigeria (94 m), Iran (74.8 m), Turkey (74.6 m), Egypt (73.8 m), Algeria (40.4 m), Sudan (39.0 m), Morocco (32.3 m), Iraq (31.1 m), Afghanistan (29.0 m), Uzbekistan (26.8 m), Saudi Arabia (25.5 m), Ethiopia (25.0 m), China (24.8 m), Yemen (24.0 m), Syria (20.8 m), Niger (19.5 m), Tanzania (19.4 m), Malaysia (17.1 m), Mali (15.6 m), Senegal (14.5 m), Burkina Faso (11.2 m), Tunisia (11.1 m), and Russia with just 9.4 m Muslims.

all these were banned?

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

actually any group of rioters who threatens a public official on every level, but more especially the President, should rightly be pepper gassed.

only because, just as it was during the Obama Administration the actual terrorists are from Muslim countries. When cities or communities write laws curtailing the ownership of certain breeds of dog pitbulls are the top of the list. Coincidence?

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

So that's the gaslighting version of that event now? That the protestors were "threatening" the president? Haha alright ...

Point is this. Yes, that's pandering to Muslims. No, it isn't more egregious than the norm for Christians. No, I don't think liberals would flip out if this was directed towards Christians instead because, again, that's been the current reality forever. Though, we'd be better without any of it, Muslim it Christian, in elections. 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So that's the gaslighting version of that event now? That the protestors were "threatening" the president? Haha alright ...

I'm sure it was a peaceful protest. Like Portland Seattle St Louis Minneapolis etc.etc nice kids, good clean fun.

Point is this. Yes, that's pandering to Muslims. No, it isn't more egregious than the norm for Christians.

No, I don't think liberals would flip out if this was directed towards Christians

you're out of your mind. You just threw a fit because Trump held up a Bible.

instead because, again, that's been the current reality forever. Though, we'd be better without any of it, Muslim it Christian, in elections. 

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I don’t recall people getting their panties in a knot when Billy Bob Clinton held up a bible in front of the very same church.

no, because THAT is different. He was a liberal, so he gets a pass. Being in front of a church is BAD only if it's a repubican President.

Note to Hoorta, Tex and woodpecker:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obama-makes-surprise-visit-to-st-johns-episcopal-church/2012/03/18/gIQAEUTdLS_story.html

Obama makes surprise visit to St. John’s Episcopal Church

no fake outrage from you three back then. any now? How dare your obaMao commie go do a publicity stunt at that church?

I think you're both purposefully leaving out a key aspect of the story regarding Trump's photo op...

I look forward to a day where politicians don't need to pretend to be more Christian than they are to get votes. That day is coming, but it isn't here now. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think you're both purposefully leaving out a key aspect of the story regarding Trump's photo op...

I look forward to a day where politicians don't need to pretend to be more Christian than they are to get votes. That day is coming, but it isn't here now. 

I believe there are 2 separate issues regarding this.

1) The dispersing of a mob to get Trump across the street.

2) The photo op of Trump holding a bible in front of said church.

Since Clinton had a photo op in front of the same church, I would say that point #2 is a non-issue.

I think it’s common practice for the Secret Service or other law enforcement agencies to clear the way for any high ranking government officials.

With that said, I see point #1 as another non-issue.

21 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I believe there are 2 separate issues regarding this.

1) The dispersing of a mob to get Trump across the street.

2) The photo op of Trump holding a bible in front of said church.

Since Clinton had a photo op in front of the same church, I would say that point #2 is a non-issue.

I think it’s common practice for the Secret Service or other law enforcement agencies to clear the way for any high ranking government officials.

With that said, I see point #1 as another non-issue.

I will say this, I agree that #2 is a non issue. I don't believe Trump is the slightest bit Christian, but he needs to do it to pander to voters. Every politician does (just about). Nothing new and nothing all that troubling.

Now if religious beliefs start affecting policy, then we have an issue.