THE BROWNS BOARD

Dear Kira: NOPE. You are not the only one - there are many of us

calfoxwc

When I was 12ish, my then 41yr old dad pointed to the TV while watching the 'evening news' and said, "This right here, they are who control this country." 

I briefly looked up from sitting on the brown shag carpet while cleaning the wheel bearings and trucks on my Alva skate board, and muttered "Yup".

I'm now 52 and my dad is 83, and once I got into my late 30s I started to realize just how smart this uneducated man really is, and now that I'm full bore into my 50s, I realize he is fucking brilliant.

My main issue with today's media is simple.... The calculated brainwashing that is currently being unleashed onto anyone who was simply never taught to think for themselves. 

They slowly and methodically pour out story after story about how life will never be the same.... Sometimes disguised as a fluff piece on Yahoo, sometimes it's right out in the open on my local 11pm news. The more they can say it and for the longer they can say it, the more impact it will have on the many easily manipulated people that inhabit this planet. 

I guess none of us ever lived a normal life after 1918? I guess none of us ever shook the hands of strangers,  crammed ourselves into a small space with 10s, 100s or 1000s of strangers for something fun? I guess none of us never went and ate a meal in a space occupied by strangers, while the food was prepared and served by more strangers?

and I guess none of us NEVER WORE A MASK?

Lord help the next time someone tells me to "be safe" instead of simply saying "goodbye".

Admit it, you Googled "Alva skate board", didn't ya?