THE BROWNS BOARD

Now - the CDC has also been corrupted politically

calfoxwc

45 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

788DBA2F-87F9-4733-AC7B-5B295DE4C80A.png

Out of date news now. The damn thing has proven to be far more contagious than when that article was written two months ago. Here is their followup which you failed to include.  I think we could all agree that a classroom of 30 unmasked 6th graders in a classroom for several hours a day meet their criteria. I think you might say sitting down in a restaurant unmasked to eat can also meet that criteria. Same for bars, gyms, etc. So stop being idiots.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836

"We therefore strongly support the calls of public health agencies for all people to wear masks when circumstances compel them to be within 6 ft of others for sustained periods."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The mask doesn't prevent you from catching Covid, but it helps lessen the spread. That's the damn point.

you're ignorant - the mask CAN help you from inhaling infected droplets. They land on the mask, if you do run across one in the air near your face. Do you have mites?th?id=OP.tpsUgmojTReRuA474C474&o=5&pid=2

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Out of date news now. The damn thing has proven to be far more contagious than when that article was written two months ago. Here is their followup which you failed to include.  I think we could all agree that a classroom of 30 unmasked 6th graders in a classroom for several hours a day meet their criteria. I think you might say sitting down in a restaurant unmasked to eat can also meet that criteria. Same for bars, gyms, etc. So stop being idiots.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836

"We therefore strongly support the calls of public health agencies for all people to wear masks when circumstances compel them to be within 6 ft of others for sustained periods."

From your linked article, all they did was clarify their original statement. . .

We did state in the article that “wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection,” but as the rest of the paragraph makes clear, we intended this statement to apply to passing encounters in public spaces, not sustained interactions within closed environments.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you're ignorant - the mask CAN help you from inhaling infected droplets. They land on the mask, if you do run across one in the air near your face. Do you have mites?th?id=OP.tpsUgmojTReRuA474C474&o=5&pid=2

So in your hard wired attempt to insult me you're...Defending masks? Alright

I mean if this is because Trump wore a mask now then I'll take it I guess

4 hours ago, hammertime said:

Just stay home man.

proper ppe is not a cloth mask.

for anything except flies.

Source: dude trust me

Don't confuse lacking 100% complete medical grade PPE clean room protection with having no benefit at all

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/06/stanford-scientists-contribute-to-who-mask-guidelines.html

7 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

From your linked article, all they did was clarify their original statement. . .

We did state in the article that “wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection,” but as the rest of the paragraph makes clear, we intended this statement to apply to passing encounters in public spaces, not sustained interactions within closed environments.

That is correct which is not apparent in the first article nor in what was posted by you. (until now).