THE BROWNS BOARD

Another one bites the dust!

Vambo

Nancy Green, (aka Aunt Jemima) was born into slavery. She was an incredible cook. When she was 'freed' she put her talent into a cooking brand that GM bought & used her likeness. She died in 1923 as one of America's first black millionaires.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

God forbid anybody get the idea that an African American woman was a positive role model and someone thought would be a pretty good cook.

The assholes of the world are the actual pandemic.

WSS

103594895_3204754852978369_2374316641213649011_o.jpg

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

God forbid anybody get the idea that an African American woman was a positive role model and someone thought would be a pretty good cook.

The assholes of the world are the actual pandemic.

WSS

This take is so ignorant it's almost funny. 

So why exactly are so many here "outraged" and "triggered" by this news? 

Why exactly is it BAD that this change is happening? 

Seriously. Do any of you have an actual, non meme response?

53 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

First off...if america was as racist as the media portrays...how is aunt jemima the #1 in market share.  Racists would only buy hungry jack.  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/278485/us-households-most-used-brands-of-pancake-table-syrup/

We are tired of the fake false narrative that everything is racist and I should feel bad for being white. we are tired of hearing about it every freaking news cycle.  Its ruining their message.  Just like #metoo was ruined.  Its about cops murdering a guy...not a face thats been on a bottle for 50 years.  Other message boards I visit...one if them has a poll question..what is the next thing to be offensive?  George Nd Breona are becoming last weeks news..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And don't forget, you're all welcome to just not buy Quaker Oats products anymore to speak your mind. Use your given American right. Show them how much this change gets on your nerves. 

00689514-6D0A-4DEC-B8F9-F22C12D46288.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes this is ridiculous bulshit. Is anybody that supports it is a fucking idiot. I'm assuming you were included among that bunch. You're out of your mind if you think this makes the world a better place. You should drive out to East Cleveland and get on your hands and knees and beg forgiveness for your white privilege. You like to whine and cry about self-awareness and how people blindly follow Trump even though you have no idea what you're talking about. Look at yourself. You swallow the Democrats garbage like a whore swallows cum.

WSS

8 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

First off...if america was as racist as the media portrays...how is aunt jemima the #1 in market share.  Racists would only buy hungry jack.  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/278485/us-households-most-used-brands-of-pancake-table-syrup/

We are tired of the fake false narrative that everything is racist and I should feel bad for being white. we are tired of hearing about it every freaking news cycle.  Its ruining their message.  Just like #metoo was ruined.  Its about cops murdering a guy...not a face thats been on a bottle for 50 years.  Other message boards I visit...one if them has a poll question..what is the next thing to be offensive?  George Nd Breona are becoming last weeks news..

Interesting take in the first paragraph... I don't think it really helps your cause but alright. 

A lot of stuff has a racist history. This country has a racist history. Sorry, but that's the truth. No amount of bald eagles, waving flags and July 4th cookouts is going to change that. 

If you're taking from this that you should feel bad for being white, well that's on you.

So what exactly is your reason for not changing it then? That you don't like having conversations about racist things from our past and would prefer thinking America is perfect? 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes this is ridiculous bulshit. Is anybody that supports it is a fucking idiot. I'm assuming you were included among that bunch. You're out of your mind if you think this makes the world a better place. You should drive out to East Cleveland and get on your hands and knees and beg forgiveness for your white privilege. You like to whine and cry about self-awareness and how people blindly follow Trump even though you have no idea what you're talking about. Look at yourself. You swallow the Democrats garbage like a whore swallows cum.

WSS

Whole lotta insults there but no actual reason why they shouldn't change it outside of you just not liking the change...

I'm not pushing to change it. I'm not campaigning. But if someone asked and I was given the background then I would say I support it being changed. I'm not offended by it but I don't have a reason to be. I'm looking at it through the eyes of someone else which I know is a completely foreign concept for many of you. 

Yes yes. "Whine and cry". Mmhmmm. That's how I know you have nothing here. You don't like the change so you're doing your usual song and dance. 

You can admit to this country have a racist history and needing to get rif of /change relics from that era without being all "forgive me for my white privilege". You all struggle with gray areas too but here's another one. I can support this change without thinking every white person is racist. 

Again, give me a reason why NOT to change it other than you just not liking the change. 

27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Interesting take in the first paragraph... I don't think it really helps your cause but alright. 

A lot of stuff has a racist history. This country has a racist history. Sorry, but that's the truth. No amount of bald eagles, waving flags and July 4th cookouts is going to change that. 

If you're taking from this that you should feel bad for being white, well that's on you.

So what exactly is your reason for not changing it then? That you don't like having conversations about racist things from our past and would prefer thinking America is perfect? 

What makes it racist?  Since your an authority on american racism...what makes Aunt Jemima racist?  Please enlighten me.  

Let me ask you this...since reparations are getting thrown around again...do you think america owes reparations?  

How about rap music?  That degrades " bitches and hoes" and uses the N word.  I find that offensive...when are they going do something about that?

1 minute ago, Kvoethe said:

What makes it racist?  Since your an authority on american racism...what makes Aunt Jemima racist?  Please enlighten me.  

Let me ask you this...since reparations are getting thrown around again...do you think america owes reparations?  

Enlightenment is not the woodpeckers strong suit. 

WSS

28 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Insinuating that only Caucasian’s are racist, only makes you look like a racist.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Whole lotta insults there but no actual reason why they shouldn't change it outside of you just not liking the change...

I'm not pushing to change it. I'm not campaigning. But if someone asked and I was given the background then I would say I support it being changed. I'm not offended by it but I don't have a reason to be. I'm looking at it through the eyes of someone else which I know is a completely foreign concept for many of you. 

Yes yes. "Whine and cry". Mmhmmm. That's how I know you have nothing here. You don't like the change so you're doing your usual song and dance. 

You can admit to this country have a racist history and needing to get rif of /change relics from that era without being all "forgive me for my white privilege". You all struggle with gray areas too but here's another one. I can support this change without thinking every white person is racist. 

Again, give me a reason why NOT to change it other than you just not liking the change. 

I think I already asked you how it makes a society better. First you answer and then I will tell you why you're full of shit.

WSS

12 hours ago, Axe said:

Nancy Green, (aka Aunt Jemima) was born into slavery. She was an incredible cook. When she was 'freed' she put her talent into a cooking brand that GM bought & used her likeness. She died in 1923 as one of America's first black millionaires.

And did anyone hear how she was portrayed on news radio the other day? Only as a former slave period...nothing else.

21 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

The history of it. Just look it up. It's a relic of the "let's glorify the racist southern plantation days". At least from everything I looked up and read last night. (while seeing claims made in this thread I couldn't verify). 

No, I don't think reparations are owed. I think it's reasonable to improve our investment into certain areas on our country. Areas that will disproportionately benefit black people. But the fact it'll do that is part of the issue. 

But just giving out money for being black, no, I don't think we need to do that. 

21 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Insinuating that only Caucasian’s are racist, only makes you look like a racist.

What are you talking about? Really, what part of my post are you referring to? 

Is it the part where I was just referring to Steve's post I was quoting? Because I have a feeling it was ....

Everyone can be racist. It's dumb to think otherwise. 

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I think I already asked you how it makes a society better. First you answer and then I will tell you why you're full of shit.

WSS

Ha, no, sorry. You aren't going to flip and derail this per your playbook. 

This thread has you complaining about this change early on, before I ever posted. I asked you why it is so bad to change it and I haven't heard anything other than you not liking it. Let's hear your answer first. 

57 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You're looking through the eyes of a black... yet not a black that I know or ever heard of was advocating for Aunt J's removal.

So as any good white guilt liberal would do,  you take it upon yourself atop your perch of moral superiority to be the spokesperson of black people because you know what's best.

please.png

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gorka said:

And did anyone hear how she was portrayed on news radio the other day? Only as a former slave period...nothing else.

Media manipulation...