THE BROWNS BOARD

Rioting protesters attack CNN camera crew live on air

calfoxwc

CNN's "crime" was recording them damaging a Wendy's. I thought they were all about free speech? After all, they insist on THEIR free speech. But that is how lefties roll.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/rioting-protesters-in-atlanta-attack-cnn-camera-crew-while-they-were-live-on-air

• Haha 1

so, a black man falls asleep in his car, AT A DRIVE THRU AT A WENDY's.....

and he fails a DWI test, and they tell him they are going to arrest him. He resists arrest, fights them like all hell, grabs the officer's taser, breaks free and runs off, and in the chase, he turns and fires the taser at the officer, and the officer shoots him.

Why burn Wendy's? because they want to "burn it all down" if they can't own it.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/06/13/rioters-block-highway-set-wendys-on-fire-after-officer-involved-shooting-of-a-black-man-in-atlanta/

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Time to crack down on these protests, hard and fast.

if I want to protest it my right..... also my right to attack, steal, burn and destroy lives in the name of protest.   it's my right to do so tell me otherwise.   this is the way it is.  think might move to chaz.   summer of love.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of "journalists."

WSS

Steve, I actually saw the CNN footage last night. Sorry, they protest too much me thinks. Both the protesters and CNN getting some "hot" video.  :)  OK guy gets shot & killed, that has what to do with burning down the Wendys?  He was there? Like it's the manager's fault he fell asleep and was blocking the drive thru?  

MHO? The police need to be trained- when you draw your gun- it's not automatically "shoot to kill". The drunk was obviously unarmed except what he grabbed off of the cop. Shoot him in the leg, or arm- and then if he still has the taser, great- unload your clip on him.... 

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Steve, I actually saw the CNN footage last night. Sorry, they protest too much me thinks. Both the protesters and CNN getting some "hot" video.  :)  OK guy gets shot & killed, that has what to do with burning down the Wendys?  He was there? Like it's the manager's fault he fell asleep and was blocking the drive thru?  

MHO? The police need to be trained- when you draw your gun- it's not automatically "shoot to kill". The drunk was obviously unarmed except what he grabbed off of the cop. Shoot him in the leg, or arm- and then if he still has the taser, great- unload your clip on him.... 

Just curious...did you also pose the same assertions during the George Floyd riots or is this a new found revelation for you?

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

Just curious...did you also pose the same assertions during the George Floyd riots or is this a new found revelation for you?

My new found revelation is another cop shot a guy in the back X3- that hardly called for lethal force. A textbook on how not to handle a DUI arrest. Does it justify burning down Wendys? No, but hey- it happened. Well, when all  (both sides) the bad apples are in jail- maybe we can talk. Two cops that just ruined their careers, and are going to spend plenty of time behind bars. 

Sure, obvious the guy was shit faced drunk- but regardless- no reason to start shooting....  

8 hours ago, LBC mike said:

if I want to protest it my right...

Indeed it is.

8 hours ago, LBC mike said:

...also my right to attack, steal, burn and destroy lives in the name of protest.   it's my right to do so tell me otherwise.   this is the way it is.  think might move to chaz.   summer of love.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'll bite. You do not have the right to do those things you mentioned above. First Amendment protects the right to peacefully assemble, not rioting or looting. I think these people who are looting, and rioting while larping as some sort of revolutionaries are soon to discover the 2nd Amendment once they try to rob and burn the houses and businesses of the wrong people.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

bud I think you've been watching too many cowboy movies. Police are trained to make it count if they draw their weapon and Fire. Its smething of a fantasy that shoot the guy in the knee or shoot the gun out of his hand etc etc. Here's a piece about the taser that shoots wires from a distance. Probably because the Liberals don't want the police to use any kind of weapon against criminals this article calls it less-lethal not non-lethal.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2018/05/23/police-tasers-how-do-they-work-what-risks/636533002/

The officers were absolutely Justified.

WSS

9 hours ago, Gorka said:

Why? Those are your people asshole.

They aren't my people.  White, black, or anything else.  You don't fight cops.  It never ends well.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

They aren't my people.  White, black, or anything else.  You don't fight cops.  It never ends well.

He was talking to Die Hard there. DieHard is spent the last month or so trolling everybody pretending to be a Democrat and a Joe Biden supporter. If you haven't been around that much you probably didn't see that.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

bud I think you've been watching too many cowboy movies. Police are trained to make it count if they draw their weapon and Fire. Its smething of a fantasy that shoot the guy in the knee or shoot the gun out of his hand etc etc. Here's a piece about the taser that shoots wires from a distance. Probably because the Liberals don't want the police to use any kind of weapon against criminals this article calls it less-lethal not non-lethal.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2018/05/23/police-tasers-how-do-they-work-what-risks/636533002/

WSS

from the video - the drunk resisting arrest guy running, turns and fires the policeman's own taser at him, which I believe could have hit him in the eye and killed him. The shooting was very justified.

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Resisting arrest is never a good idea, but the guy told them take my keys, I'll walk to my sister's house. Steve, I do recall police are trained when they draw their gun shoot to kill.  As my Dad told me- "when you pull the trigger, you can never call that bullet back." That cop is going to regret doing so for the rest of his life.... 

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

from the video - the drunk resisting arrest guy running, turns and fires the policeman's own taser at him, which I believe could have hit him in the eye and killed him. The shooting was very justified.

Yup Cal, so justified- Officer Rolfe was immediately fired, and Atlanta's Chief of Police quit. Coroner report- homicide.  I don't see how shooting a guy in the back qualifies as "self defense". You let him run and call for backup. Aw, he stole my taser, and he might use it....  

Here's what the Atlanta DA said.....  Howard, the district attorney, said the possible charges could include murder, felony murder or involuntary manslaughter.

"Specifically, (the question is if) Officer Rolfe, whether or not he felt that Mr. Brooks, at the time, presented imminent harm of death or some serious physical injury. Or the alternative is whether or not he fired the shot simply to capture him or some other reason," Howard said. "If that shot was fired for some reason other than to save that officer's life or to prevent injury to him or others, then that shooting is not justified under the law."

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Resisting arrest is never a good idea, but the guy told them take my keys, I'll walk to my sister's house. Steve, I do recall police are trained when they draw their gun shoot to kill.  As my Dad told me- "when you pull the trigger, you can never call that bullet back." That cop is going to regret doing so for the rest of his life.... 

Yup Cal, so justified- Officer Rolfe was immediately fired, and Atlanta's Chief of Police quit. Coroner report- homicide.  I don't see how shooting a guy in the back qualifies as "self defense". You let him run and call for backup. Aw, he stole my taser, and he might use it....  

Here's what the Atlanta DA said.....  Howard, the district attorney, said the possible charges could include murder, felony murder or involuntary manslaughter.

"Specifically, (the question is if) Officer Rolfe, whether or not he felt that Mr. Brooks, at the time, presented imminent harm of death or some serious physical injury. Or the alternative is whether or not he fired the shot simply to capture him or some other reason," Howard said. "If that shot was fired for some reason other than to save that officer's life or to prevent injury to him or others, then that shooting is not justified under the law."

I'm shocked. Let's see the district attorney is black and he's up against a pretty rough election struggle. Too lazy to look it up but I bet it's substantial, the percentage of African Americans in Atlanta Georgia...

Now do you suppose it's in his best interest defined as much fault as he possibly can with de po-lice?

Yes I know you and Joe Biden thjnk the officer should wait until he was hit by the stun gun and either beaten to death or his service revolver taken away from him.

WSS

I hope everyone understands the difference between this use of force and the UOF with Floyd, which was the most egregious UOF I have ever seen. 

The Supreme Court has noted several times that a court must put themselves in the shoes of officers in the heat of the moment when these UOF are being reviewed. 

Floyd did not look like he was resisting at all when Chauvin had his knee in his neck. Doesn’t matter what happened before hand. 

In Atlanta, it was an active fight with the man who had just taken a weapon from a cop and pointed at him. 

Two totally different circumstances, but it’s almost as if they are being looked at the same. 

Say what you want about shooting someone an armed man running away from you, even if they are armed. Those cops and their attorneys will have to justify that. Just please don’t think of this the same as Floyd. 

Don’t resist arrest. Don’t take a weapon off a LEO’s belt. Don’t put all the blame on the cops and say what they could have done. What could the suspect have done? Or better yet, what shouldn’t he have done?

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm shocked. Let's see the district attorney is black and he's up against a pretty rough election struggle. Too lazy to look it up but I bet it's substantial, the percentage of African Americans in Atlanta Georgia...

Now do you suppose it's in his best interest defined as much fault as he possibly can with de po-lice?

Yes I know you and Joe Biden thjnk the officer should wait until he was hit by the stun gun and either beaten to death or his service revolver taken away from him.

WSS

YOU might be watching too many westerns if you think we still carry six shooters 😎

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I agree Larry, you don't shoot to wound. 

When you make the choice to pull the gun and pull the trigger, you have to go under the assumption that is your one chance.  If you don't send it home, you might be the one headed to the grave.

I don't think any cop heads out on the top of the shift thinking s/he is going to kill somebody, but I would bet they head out determined they aren't going to be killed.  Your wife, husband, kids want to see you alive and well tomorrow.  Not in a coffin.   Being a cop is a hard job.

Nobody really likes you, until they really need you.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

YOU might be watching too many westerns if you think we still carry six shooters 😎

Exactly what in my statement made you think that? Larry was saying the cop should have shot to wound the guy which is ridiculous;  they don't do that. So I was being facetious about shooting the gun out of his hand. Follow?

WSS

16 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Exactly what in my statement made you think that? Larry was saying the cop should have shot to wound the guy which is ridiculous;  they don't do that. So I was being facetious about shooting the gun out of his hand. Follow?

WSS

You said 'revolver'.

40 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Surely you can take a joke better than that

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I didn't edit this. Where did I say revolver? Not in this post.

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

• Upvote 1