THE BROWNS BOARD

Bad News for the Trumptards

Let me tell you how I see it. The Democrats are making the same exact mistake they made 4 years ago. They're getting cocky as fuck because people on the internet have a loud voice. They believe because that voice is loud that it is larger than it is. 

I've driven 1100 miles for work over the last seven days. In that time I've seen hundreds of trump flags, bumper stickers, hats, shirts, you name it. I've seen nothing with bidens name on it and only a few anti-trump stickers or signs. 

Once again the eye test tells me the internet is full of shit and trump has far more quiet support than the Democrats do. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Let me tell you how I see it. The Democrats are making the same exact mistake they made 4 years ago. They're getting cocky as fuck because people on the internet have a loud voice. They believe because that voice is loud that it is larger than it is. 

I've driven 1100 miles for work over the last seven days. In that time I've seen hundreds of trump flags, bumper stickers, hats, shirts, you name it. I've seen nothing with bidens name on it and only a few anti-trump stickers or signs. 

Once again the eye test tells me the internet is full of shit and trump has far more quiet support than the Democrats do. 

You surprised by that? I've seen it too on my bike rides through rural Ohio.  Trump's hardcore support borders on the  is fanatical- but the question is what percentage of the folks who voted for him 4 years ago fit that description?  He's going to keep that regardless, but sure looks like he's losing support almost everywhere else.

Remember?   US Republican front runner Donald Trump is so confident in his support base that he said he could stand on New York’s Fifth Avenue “and shoot somebody” and still not lose voters.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

You surprised by that? I've seen it too on my bike rides through rural Ohio.  Trump's hardcore support borders on the  is fanatical- but the question is what percentage of the folks who voted for him 4 years ago fit that description?  He's going to keep that regardless, but sure looks like he's losing support almost everywhere else.

Remember?   US Republican front runner Donald Trump is so confident in his support base that he said he could stand on New York’s Fifth Avenue “and shoot somebody” and still not lose voters.

Conversely those that hate him would still hate him if he personally found a cure for cancer. 

And makes no mistake those people would hate Mike Pence just as badly if Donald Trump resigned tomorrow.

WSS

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

image.thumb.png.32996068bc62719258de2592877eec32.png

Piece of shit..........

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-alaska-hunting/trump-administration-ends-ban-on-killing-alaska-bear-cubs-wolf-pups-idUSKBN23G33J

Trump administration ends ban on killing Alaska bear cubs, wolf pups

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - The Trump administration on Tuesday overturned an Obama-era rule that barred hunters in Alaska national preserves from baiting bear traps or killing denning bear cubs and wolf pups or other practices that have been condemned by environmental and wildlife protection groups.Under the new National Park Service rule, effective July 9, hunting on natural preserves in Alaska will be controlled by the state, which allows baiting of brown and black bears; hunting of denning black bears with artificial light, killing of denning wolves and coyotes, hunting of swimming caribou and hunting of caribou from motorboats.

The Obama administration had banned all those practices in National Parks.

The change stems from 2017 orders issued by then-Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to provide greater recreational access for hunting and fishing in Alaksa, National Park Service spokesman Peter Christian said, acknowledging that the rule-change was unpopular.

“I would say the vast majority of people did believe this was a controversial move and were almost entirely opposed to us lifting the ban,” he said.

“The Trump administration has shockingly reached a new low in its treatment of wildlife. Allowing the killing of bear cubs and wolf pups in their dens is barbaric and inhumane. The proposed regulations cast aside a primary purpose of national preserves to conserve wildlife and wild places,” Jamie Rappaport Clark, president of Defenders of Wildlife, said in a written statement.

State officials said the Obama-era rule was wrongheaded.

“From our perspective, the Park Service was infringing on our territory,” said Eddie Grasser, director of wildlife management for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, adding that some of the hunting practices now allowed in national preserves are part of indigenous culture.

Those practices are used by only a small number of people in a few places, Grasser said.

Another pending Trump administration rule, expected to be released on Wednesday, would overturn similar restrictions in Kenai National Wildlife Refuge.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

Piece of shit..........

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-alaska-hunting/trump-administration-ends-ban-on-killing-alaska-bear-cubs-wolf-pups-idUSKBN23G33J

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - The Trump administration on Tuesday overturned an Obama-era rule that barred hunters in Alaska national preserves from baiting bear traps or killing denning bear cubs and wolf pups or other practices that have been condemned by environmental and wildlife protection groups.Under the new National Park Service rule, effective July 9, hunting on natural preserves in Alaska will be controlled by the state, which allows baiting of brown and black bears; hunting of denning black bears with artificial light, killing of denning wolves and coyotes, hunting of swimming caribou and hunting of caribou from motorboats.

The change stems from 2017 orders issued by then-Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to provide greater recreational access for hunting and fishing in Alaksa, National Park Service spokesman Peter Christian said, acknowledging that the rule-change was unpopular.

“I would say the vast majority of people did believe this was a controversial move and were almost entirely opposed to us lifting the ban,” he said.

“The Trump administration has shockingly reached a new low in its treatment of wildlife. Allowing the killing of bear cubs and wolf pups in their dens is barbaric and inhumane. The proposed regulations cast aside a primary purpose of national preserves to conserve wildlife and wild places,” Jamie Rappaport Clark, president of Defenders of Wildlife, said in a written statement.

“From our perspective, the Park Service was infringing on our territory,” said Eddie Grasser, director of wildlife management for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, adding that some of the hunting practices now allowed in national preserves are part of indigenous culture.

Those practices are used by only a small number of people in a few places, Grasser said.

Another pending Trump administration rule, expected to be released on Wednesday, would overturn similar restrictions in Kenai National Wildlife Refuge.

Democrats push to keep the killing of human babies pieces of sh...!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

Piece of shit..........

https://blog.humanesociety.org/2020/06/trump-jr-s-argali-trophy-hunt-in-mongolia-cost-american-taxpayers-77000.html?s_src=fb_post_06092020&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=blog&utm_term=trump-jr-s-argali-trophy-hunt-in-mongolia-cost&utm_content=blog&fbclid=IwAR1kap4U3IceigreeQokAVsDNEM7gdscL2N9N5KoNK572XhCZ2sUiyV69vM

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

wait. dems demand unlimited free murder of born and unborn CHILDREN, but bear cubs and pups are off limits?

If you don't hunt critters, they will overpopulate and starve and menace.

Born and unborn CHILDREN are not a menace.

It's the LACK OF PRINCIPLE that is so common. Caring little about murdering children? but using feigned outrage over the hunting of overpopulated young animals?

From the article above on Alaska hunting:

" “From our perspective, the Park Service was infringing on our territory,” said Eddie Grasser, director of wildlife management for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, adding that some of the hunting practices now allowed in national preserves are part of indigenous culture. "

That is ALASKAN DIRECTOR OF WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT FOR THE ALASKA DEPT OF FISH AND GAME.

Not Trump's idea.

The principle is, less federal way too big government.

I like all animals far more than most people - yea, I said it and I didn't stutter.............. and calling me a democrat? lol

Yes, I was born and raised in SoCal, but don't get it twisted.

I'm actually a registered Independent and vote all over the spectrum and across both party lines - Novel Idea huh? I think for myself and vote for what I believe is the best person available for the job. 

• Upvote 1

👔

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I'm actually a registered Independent and vote all over the spectrum and across both party lines - Novel Idea huh? I think for myself and vote for what I believe is the best person available for the job. 

get out of here with that crazy talk

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

I like all animals far more than most people - yea, I said it and I didn't stutter.............. and calling me a democrat? lol

Yes, I was born and raised in SoCal, but don't get it twisted.

sorry, I kinda jumped to that - you can vote dem and not be a liberal? Maybe obaMao's first term, but surely not the second, unless that person is all in on liberalism. I don't know your views on abortion - it's just that I understand hunting - the need for it. Sorry, I did jump to talking about all dems? open abortion views and being po'd about Pres Trump ending that ban, in agreement with the Fish and Wildlife folks of Alaska.

It's no indictment of Pres Trump, is my point. I do believe you are genuinely an independent.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

sorry, I kinda jumped to that - you can vote dem and not be a liberal? Maybe obaMao's first term, but surely not the second, unless that person is all in on liberalism. I don't know your views on abortion - it's just that I understand hunting - the need for it. Sorry, I did jump to talking about all dems? open abortion views and being po'd about Pres Trump ending that ban, in agreement with the Fish and Wildlife folks of Alaska.

It's no indictment of Pres Trump, is my point. I do believe you are genuinely an independent.

I would describe myself as a moderate conservative....... way away from the far right, but much, much further away from the far left.

I like to think of myself as fair, and I try not to see people by race (< good, but far from woke), gender, religion ( < for sure on those 2 - never a thought from me) and sexual orientation (< this one is the hardest one for me) and I try to simply judge every human on if they are good or not, but more importantly to me, do they add to the planet or make the planet worse? If they make the planet worse, I have zero patients for them and I can be really harsh.... OK, extremely harsh on what I think should happen to them.... Not proud of that, just being honest. 

I own a registered but shortened Mossberg 500, with a pistol grip, plug removed and loaded with bird shot for the most effective home defense weapon possible, and it lives under my bed in hopes that I never have to shoot it again........ but if I do, I won't hesitate for a millisecond.

Abortion? Man, here goes... I'm 100% against abortion used as birth control... 100%. Now abortion because of rape, a massive baby deformity, imminent danger to the mother, ect... I believe it's up to the women, as it is her body. < I guess a true Independent right? I'm both for and against. Not wishy washy, as I've stated my reasons for each choice. 

Of course there are a world full of other topics that I do have an opinion on, with some being really important to me, and others not so much, but those are just the cliff notes about me. 

Who did I vote for President? That was like shot or stabbed for me, and in the end, I liked the Oompa Loompa's America First approach even though I think he's an awful human being. Hillary simply was never getting my vote, although being a California voter, it didn't matter anyway.

There you guys go..... there I am in all my glory and with all my faults. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Conversely those that hate him would still hate him if he personally found a cure for cancer. 

And makes no mistake those people would hate Mike Pence just as badly if Donald Trump resigned tomorrow.

WSS

Well Steve, I'll respond to you- and not one of the MAGAs who are in denial....  Cancer? That's just one of Trump's many problems, he's never going to find a cure for it so.... His problem is he thinks he knows more about medicine than Jonas Salk, and he's a better politician than Winston Churchill.....  

OTOH, he's the biggest arrogant lying mean spirited asshole that's ever populated the White House in my lifetime, and I hate arrogant lying mean spirited assholes as a general rule- regardless of the "supposed" good he's done for the country- which is greatly overstated by his lemming followers.  In my book, that's more than enough reason to want him out of Washington and off to the golf links where he probably gives himself unlimited mulligans and shoots a sub-par round every time he's out there... 

And in case you missed it, some might- but not me..."I LIKE MIKE". but you can send the Trumpster to the dumpster....  

8 hours ago, D Bone said:

Piece of shit..........

As Frank Zappa would have said- "keep on whoppin' on my favorite baby seal with a lead, lead filled snowshoe"..... Overpopulation? My ass....  And let's drill in the ANWR while we're at it. F**K any and all environmental concerns.  

The MAGAs just don't get it you can be pro- environment, and anti-abortion. Two separate and unrelated issues....  They hardly can claim the moral high ground with the nasty mean Tweeter in Chief spewing venom at anyone who doesn't like him.... 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well Steve, I'll respond to you- and not one of the MAGAs who are in denial....  Cancer? That's just one of Trump's many problems, he's never going to find a cure for it so.... His problem is he thinks he knows more about medicine than Jonas Salk, and he's a better politician than Winston Churchill.....  

OTOH, he's the biggest arrogant lying mean spirited asshole that's ever populated the White House in my lifetime, and I hate arrogant lying mean spirited assholes as a general rule- regardless of the "supposed" good he's done for the country- which is greatly overstated by his lemming followers.  In my book, that's more than enough reason to want him out of Washington and off to the golf links where he probably gives himself unlimited mulligans and shoots a sub-par round every time he's out there... 

And in case you missed it, some might- but not me..."I LIKE MIKE". but you can send the Trumpster to the dumpster....  

But you won't be voting for Mike Pence. Because Mike Pence isn't running for president. You will be voting for Joe Biden who is truly an idiot no matter what party you support. You'll be voting for Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and now you will be voting for The Thugs who burn down the cities loot the stores and murder actually innocent people. That's who you will be voting for. Mike Pence isn't the alternative.

WSS

https://rabblerouserruminations.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-am-one-for-whom-you-have-been-waiting.html

"(T)his is the moment, as Nancy [Pelosi] noted, that the world is waiting for."

And:

"I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions."

"Well, YEAH, if what the world has been waiting for, and what represents America returning to its "best Traditions" is an arrogant, narcissistic, sexist, thuggish, unethical, pandering, coercing, power-hungry Messiah-wannabe, then, yes - Obama is our guy!!!"

" "A cult forms around a charismatic individual who promises something. This individual professes some special knowledge. Sometimes the claim is access to ancient secrets, sometimes it's an entirely new discovery to which he or she alone is privy. Sometimes it's a combination of both. The leader offers to share the information with those who follow. Some leaders offer utopia. Or a way out. Just come along, follow me. I'll make the decisions. All will be fine."

"How does that differ from a priest or rabbi?"

"In a cult it's this charismatic leader who eventually becomes the object of devotion; in some cases he's actually deified. And as that happens, the leader comes to hold extraordinary control over the lives of his followers.

"Cults are totalistic, authoritarian. The leader is supreme and delegates power to very few. The leader's morality becomes the only acceptable theology. The only acceptable behavior. And, as I said, veneration is eventually centered on him, not on supreme beings or abstract principles.

"And often there is a double set of ethics. Members are urged to be honest and loving to each other but to deceive and shun outsiders. (Emphasis mine.) Established religions tend to follow one set of rules for everybody."

"How does a leader gain such control?"

"That's another important element. Thought reform. Cult leaders use a variety of psychological processes to manipulate their members. Some leaders are fairly benign, but others are not and really exploit the idealism of their followers.

"The way I see it, there are two broad types of cults, both of which use thought reform. The commercially packaged 'awareness programs'" - he gestured quotation marks - "use very intense persuasion techniques. These groups keep members by getting them to buy more and more courses.

"Then there are the cults that recruit followers for life. These groups use organized psychological and social persuasion to produce extreme attitudinal changes. As a result they come to exert enormous control over the lives of their members. They are manipulative, deceptive, and highly exploitative."

Amy here - hmmm, let's just guess which one I think Obama is?!?! Ahem. The discussion continues, but I thought this was significant:

"I still don't see why anyone but a nutcase would fall for such crap."

"Not at all." He shook his head. "It's not just marginal people who get sucked in. In some studies approximately two thirds of the respondents come from normal families and were demonstrating age-appropriate behavior when they entered a cult."

"Has your research shed light on why people seek out these movements?"

"Often they don't. These groups seek you. And as I've said, these leaders can be incredibly charming and persuasive."

AMY here - the discussion continues, and then this question: "I just don't get it, Red. How can people be so gullible?"

"It's seductive to think that you're elite. Chosen. Most cults teach their members that only they are enlightened and everyone else in the world is left out. Lesser in some way. It's powerful stuff." (Kathy Reichs, Death Du Jour, 1999, pp 295 - 300)

See what I mean?? Do you see it?!? To me it is crystal clear. Obama has been engaging in "thought reform," as discussed in this book, and has taken it to a massive level. For him to come to the House of Representatives as The Anointed One, elevating himself to a height neither deserved or REAL, says a lot. And it says just as much about all of the House members who clapped themselves silly. They want to bask in the glow of The One, they want to show they, too, are in his employ. It is frightening stuff, and we cannot allow him to take over this country. There is no telling what will happen if he does. I thought Bush was bad, but I fear Obama more. He has demonstrated time and time again that he is beholden to no person, no position. He can dismiss even relatives with seeming ease, and change positions as the wind blows. He is a dangerous man, and his followers likewise. Not all of them, mind you, but enough of them seem to have this mentality, which is mighty scary. (The lengths to which some of them have gone is truly scary - hanging a dead rabbit on someone's door and slashing their tires, for example. That is one extreme, but stealing caucus packets to ENSURE the victory of their One is in the same realm - they will stop at nothing to ensure their Master's success.)

Again - Superdelegates - this man has flown off into incredibly heady flights of fancy, and cannot be trusted with the most important job on the face of the planet. A cult leader is not what we need to lead us out of our current climate. We need someone whose feet are on the ground, who is clear-headed, who stands with ALL Americans, not just her cultish gathering. There is time. Start now. Lay the groundwork. And come the end of August, protect us from this self-proclaimed Messiah. This heathen has no use for him. "

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

As Frank Zappa would have said- "keep on whoppin' on my favorite baby seal with a lead, lead filled snowshoe"..... Overpopulation? My ass....  And let's drill in the ANWR while we're at it. F**K any and all environmental concerns.  

The MAGAs just don't get it you can be pro- environment, and anti-abortion. Two separate and unrelated issues....  They hardly can claim the moral high ground with the nasty mean Tweeter in Chief spewing venom at anyone who doesn't like him.... 

lol. Hoorta...you are one of the nastiest liberals on this board, who woulda thunk it.