THE BROWNS BOARD

How to fix the issue with bad cops.

Vambo

There seems to be intelligent people who post here even if we differ widely on issues, can we come together and try to come up with ideas how to weed out bad cops before hiring and also weed out the ones currently on the department.  Is there any way to help recognize possible racist people fairly and objectively?  These riots are terrible and should have been avoided so that is my goal here we as a people can do better.

It seems the term racist gets thrown around freely now a days so often that it has lost credibility, I admit I'm not great at analyzing people as some of you are and would appreciate honest input on this without it turning into chaos.  

Thank you up front to those who wish to participate.

If you think this is just a stupid idea please explain why don't just name call. 

tough question. How can any profession make sure that every single member isn't a racist? or serial killer? or embezzler? rapist? on the take?

The story of bob mason ... the traitor, worked high up in the CIA - who sold the names of CIA agents in russia..to RUSSIA? and a whole bunch were executed because

he did?

Intel workers, military, priests, teachers, police, firemen, you name it. The human condition is all too often affected by sick evil in the world.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/to-catch-a-spy-30-01-2003/

My guess is, to look at the integrity and honor of a prospective employee's life. But even still, a person can for whatever reason flip into evil.

A company/whoever has to do their best to hire/draft etc the very best people with heart and character. Not enough attention is paid to the hire of policemen, too.

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

tough question. How can any profession make sure that every single member isn't a racist? or serial killer? or embezzler? rapist? on the take?

The story of bob mason ... the traitor, worked high up in the CIA - who sold the names of CIA agents in russia..to RUSSIA? and a whole bunch were executed because

he did?

Intel workers, military, priests, teachers, police, firemen, you name it. The human condition is all too often affected by sick evil in the world.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/to-catch-a-spy-30-01-2003/

My guess is, to look at the integrity and honor of a prospective employee's life. But even still, a person can for whatever reason flip into evil.

A company/whoever has to do their best to hire/draft etc the very best people with heart and character. Not enough attention is paid to the hire of policemen, too.

Better vetting and maybe having a large group of psychologists come up with question to reveal racial bias.

Good start.

I dont know from having any first hand experience in this - and we keep hearing about the shortage of Police officers currently serving. 

add to it budget shortfalls that cities cannot hire enough individuals to a very difficult and stressful job. Let alone "qualified"  to whomever qualified might mean. 

The city of Mpls has had a bad track record in doing just that. And the payouts to victims now will rival that of the U of Minn athletic dept firing of their various sports/coaches

severance packages. 

Then to the question you posed about police officer personal integrity and psychological makeup to do that job?  hard to answer.  

I think the police officer Derek Chauvin was a bad hire ( from a prior failed mayoral leadership term* )  AND he snapped. 

* democratic