Gorka

This is the new York death rate by age, per 100,000

0-17 = .0058%

18-44 = .019%

45-64 = .18%

65-74 = .58%

75+ = 1.46%

Citywide total = .2%

Hardly seems worth canceling everybody's  life for. More like we could have, I don't know, protected the weak and at high risk. 

Screenshot_20200526-173106_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

So why hasn't this news been broadcast all over the mainstream media?

Please chime in lefties. Hoorta?  Woody?  Tour? Logic?

They can't admit to it.

5 minutes ago, Gorka said:

So why hasn't this good news been broadcast all over the mainstream media?

TDS. They are infected with it.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Look...our republican governor is as guilty as anyone. 

If they accept the data and cancel their draconian measures now, they also have to accept the backlash and consequences of so severely over-reacting to this. It would spell the end of a lot of political careers. As I mentioned in another thread, politicians are a craven bunch who think they rule you and that you're Retarded and deserve to be ruled and this has shown...they're right. 

Very few of us stood up and fought for our rights. We painted a picture where it was un-American to have rights and we all just kind of went with it. 

Now we have to listen to them declare victory- their strategy was a rousing success! Even though it was an abject failure, there's too many people fully invested in the bullshit now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Look...our republican governor is as guilty as anyone. 

If they accept the data and cancel their draconian measures now, they also have to accept the backlash and consequences of so severely over-reacting to this. It would spell the end of a lot of political careers. As I mentioned in another thread, politicisns are a craven bunch who think they rule you and that you're Retarded and deserve to be ruled and this has shown...they're right. 

Very few of us stood up and fought for our rights. We painted a picture where it was un-American to have rights and we all just kind of went with it. 

Now we have to listen to them declare victory- their strategy was a rousing success! Even though it was an abject failure, there's too many people fully invested in the bullshit now. 

You won't get no argument from me about this governor. I was pointing to the media.

But you are spot on.

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

Don't paint me as a leftist just because I don't particularly like Trump, I'm far, far from that- but MAGAs are totally blind to that possibility. Because those numbers are subject to change? You were ragging a few threads back about the CDC overestimating\ misstating the # of deaths, (like President Lysol) but now you want to scream from the rooftops- see, it was all Corona bologna in the first place.  :)  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't that low. LOL, like President Hydroxy with his comments, what have you got to lose? Like maybe your life? LOL- the coffin total has been averaging 500 per day lately. I'm waiting to see if that stays constant or spikes after Trumps victory speech that it's just going to go away. When you can post some verifiable data hydroxy and\or it's adjuncts is an effective covid preventative, let me know- by all means, I'm all ears.  :D  Otherwise, it's just more Trump hot air you guys inhale daily.....  

For the record- I've been saying all along- once the numbers from antibody testing come in- the fatality rate is certain to drop. And for the record- I thought Dewine was out of his mind when he shut the restaurants and bars down.... and now the democratic governors have hatched this big conspiracy plot to not listen to DT- just to keep the man down. Really? The guy who's more concerned about getting reelected than listening to his own medical advisors?....   

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

Told ya so. A meager 0.26% death rate.. A bad flu brings a country to its knees.

This number pegged by Stanford researchers a month ago.

https://in.dental-tribune.com/news/new-estimate-by-the-cdc-brings-down-the-covid-19-death-rate-to-just-0-26-as-against-whos-3-4/

cov.jpg

Now that I actually took 30 seconds to look at that graph.....  where in the hell did they pull 32,000,000 cases from? Out of their ass?  Out of thin air? Man- talk about BS from a "best guess" CDC estimate? Want to post a "worst case" scenario?   There haven't even been 2 million covid cases yet- so for starters- let's multiply those numbers by 16X..  My math says 4.6% real world- not some fantasy projection.... And the link didn't work either, totally reliable information. FAKE NEWS- TAKS. Trump ass kissing syndrome...    :D  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Don't paint me as a leftist just because I don't particularly like Trump, I'm far, far from that- but MAGAs are totally blind to that possibility. Because those numbers are subject to change? You were ragging a few threads back about the CDC overestimating\ misstating the # of deaths, (like President Lysol) but now you want to scream from the rooftops- see, it was all Corona bologna in the first place.  :)  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't that low. LOL, like President Hydroxy with his comments, what have you got to lose? Like maybe your life? LOL- the coffin total has been averaging 500 per day lately. I'm waiting to see if that stays constant or spikes after Trumps victory speech that it's just going to go away. When you can post some verifiable data hydroxy and\or it's adjuncts is an effective covid preventative, let me know- by all means, I'm all ears.  :D  Otherwise, it's just more Trump hot air you guys inhale daily.....  

For the record- I've been saying all along- once the numbers from antibody testing come in- the fatality rate is certain to drop. And for the record- I thought Dewine was out of his mind when he shut the restaurants and bars down.... and now the democratic governors have hatched this big conspiracy plot to not listen to DT- just to keep the man down. Really? The guy who's more concerned about getting reelected than listening to his own medical advisors?....   

I wouldn't paint you as a lefty. Unfortunately you should be careful not to to fall into the category with people like tex who feels compelled to take the opposite position on anything Republicans support. There is plenty to dislike about Donald Trump but make your list of policies and programs go down them one by one and ask yourself and supporting the opposite side is what you really want. Then ask yourself how much less of an idiot and a blowhard is Joe Biden?

The most important one to me and I think everybody should see this clearly is it there's a reason the Democratic Governors and Republican governors are on different sides a free opening the country.

I honestly don't believe health and safety has anything to do with it. But anybody that wants what's best for America will hold their nose and vote for Trump. Voting for Joe Biden would be to cut off that nose instead of hold it.

WSS

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Now that I actually took 30 seconds to look at that graph.....  where in the hell did they pull 32,000,000 cases from? Out of their ass?  Out of thin air? Man- talk about BS from a "best guess" CDC estimate? Want to post a "worst case" scenario?   There haven't even been 2 million covid cases yet- so for starters- let's multiply those numbers by 16X..  My math says 4.6% real world- not some fantasy projection.... And the link didn't work either, totally reliable information. FAKE NEWS- TAKS. Trump ass kissing syndrome...    :D  

So now the CDC is bullshit when their data doesn't go your way?

Get Tour over here to explain it to you. He's supposed to be a mathematician.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

If it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck....

So what we have here are clear signs of TDS, denial, lies, innuendo, deflection, hyperbole, and a bit of CYA. Yeah you aint no lefty.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gorka said:

Why the fuck are you bringing me up? I haven’t worn a mask through all this and have generally ignored or not given a fuck about any of the Covid threads on here. My own dad got it and I didn’t chime in or complain about opening things up. 

• Like 1

My opinion - it was the right thing to do - shut down for a bit, It worked, the rise curve flattened. But I took it as voluntary. We happily self=quarantined just for our own safety.

WE decided to start opening ourselves back up again. We wear masks still, because we want to. The "experts"... so much for their really invalid predictions. I don't respect fauci for nothin, and whatshername with our gov is a demoquack. But dirty politics is the name of the game for those who lost the pres election, and it's no limit to what they will do.

Right now, Real America is on track to track down and send some obaMao bob hansons to trial. We'll see. Well over a hundred countries are demanding an investigation into how all this virus started.

China is fighting it desperately.

Antibody testing, early on, told us it was a bullshit overreaction.

The older crowd should have geared up when the young'uns came home, but somehow that was less convenient than shutting down the whole goddam country. 

These "experts" knew as much about this virus as the guy with fucked up hair on Ancient Aliens knows about actual aliens.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

I'm not sure I know what you mean?

The mindset that the experts don't know anything. The "anti-science" belief that's seem to have grown in this country (from flat earth to anti vaxx to climate change to COVID). 

I'm not saying you don't peer review.

I'm not saying you don't follow the scientific method

But a blanket "well what do they know anyway? It's snowing outside where I live!' kind of talk is dangerous. 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The mindset that the experts don't know anything. The "anti-science" belief that's seem to have grown in this country (from flat earth to anti vaxx to climate change to COVID). 

But a blanket "well what do they know anyway? It's snowing outside where I live!' kind of talk is dangerous. 

Well, they stated from the get go they knew literally nothing about this virus.  So I think I said nothing they haven't already.  Maybe a bit too condescending for your taste.  I shall self quarantine. 

I’m less concerned about the death rate than total number of deaths. 100,000 in 5 months is significant for me considering all the measures taken to prevent he spread and death.

Unfortunately the human condition is such that we view the world from a self-centered perspective, myself included before everyone gets all worked up.  We weigh what affects us more than what affects others.  

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

This "anti science belief" a fallacy. There is anti-scientist belief.  The flat earth and anti vax loonies are nothing new and have been around before you were born. It's absurd to include COVID and Climate Change with the former. There is no science or data to back up belief in a flat earth, or that  God will heal without vax, and neither are manipulated to advance a political agenda.

What scientist would you like us to believe?

Fauci's 15 Biggest Contradictions and Wrong Predictions:
1.) Dr. Fauci says he warned Trump in January that the US was in real trouble but that is not what he said publicly.
In January Dr. Anthony Fauci told Newsmax TV that the United States “did not have to worry”about the coronavirus and that it was“not a major threat.”
2.) Dr. Fauci warned of an apocalyptic coronavirus pandemic — then just weeks later he compared the coronavirus to a bad flu.
3.) Dr. Fauci based all of his predictions on models the that were OFF BY MILLIONS and then later told reporters,“You can’t really rely on models.”
4.) On March 20th Dr. Fauci jumped in and during a press briefing on hydroxychloroquine treatment for coronavirus “corrected” the president saying, “You got to be careful when you say ‘fairly effective.’ It was never done in a clinical trial… It was given to individuals and felt that maybe it worked.”
Exactly two weeks later hydroxychloroquine was deemed the most highly rated treatmentfor the novel coronavirus in an international poll of more than 6,000 doctors.
5.) Dr. Fauci pushed these garbage models every step of the way.
A month ago Dr. Fauci claimed 1 million to 2 million Americans would die from coronavirus. Then he said 100,000 to 200,000 Americans will die from the virus. Three weeks ago he agreed 81,766 Americans would die from the coronavirus. Then by that Wednesday Then by that Wednesday the experts cut the number of deaths to 60,415 projected deaths. to 60,415 projected deaths.
6.) On Easter Dr. Fauci suggested President Trump. should have shut down the economy in February… When the number of known cases in the US was around 100. Fauci later walked back his attacks.
7.) Dr. Fauci said cruises were OK on March 9th. That was a huge error.
8.) Dr. Fauci said malls, movies and gyms were OK on February 29th. That was another huge mistake.
9.) Dr. Fauci was wrong about the first coronavirus deaths in the country. Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birx and the CDC were off by nearly a month. California officials revealed in Aprilthat a patient in Santa Clara died from coronavirus on February 6th not February 29th.
10.) Dr. Fauci and the CDC missed themillions and millions of US citizenswho had already contracted the coronavirus before the draconian lockdowns took place. Knowing this could have prevented the economic calamity.
11.) OnApril 15, 2020, Fauci endorses Tinder hookups, unbelievably.
12.) Dr. Fauci relied on corrupt W.H.O rulesto lock down the United States and destroy the US economy. Meanwhile, this delays the herd immunity that is needed to prevent a future outbreak of this deadly virus.
13.) Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx used the Imperial College Model to persuade President Trump to lock down the entire US economy. The Imperial model has since been confirmed as A COMPLETE FRAUD.
14.) Dr. Fauci warned that Georgia would see a surge in coronavirus cases and deaths by opening their economy too early.
He was wrong again– In fact the opposite happened.
15.) And on Tuesday during testimony Dr. Fauci told Dr. Rand Paul that opening the schools would not be a good

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I’m less concerned about the death rate than total number of deaths. 100,000 in 5 months is significant for me considering all the measures taken to prevent he spread and death.

Unfortunately the human condition is such that we view the world from a self-centered perspective, myself included before everyone gets all worked up.  We weigh what affects us more than what affects others.  

And that's very considerate of you, but do you understand what demographic this virus most affects?

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

And that's very considerate of you, but do you understand what demographic this virus most affects?

Absolutely. My in-laws are both in their 80s and my father is 70. That shapes my perspective.  Unfortunately there is no way to keep those that are most susceptible in a bubble as they need food, toiletries, etc.. So all of us who are not at risk of death become the carrier that infects those that are at risk.  This is a very unique situation and thankfully the economics haven’t outweighed the health concerns for me to this point.

40 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Absolutely. My in-laws are both in their 80s and my father is 70. That shapes my perspective.  Unfortunately there is no way to keep those that are most susceptible in a bubble as they need food, toiletries, etc.. So all of us who are not at risk of death become the carrier that infects those that are at risk.  This is a very unique situation and thankfully the economics haven’t outweighed the health concerns for me to this point.

I disagree.  We attempted to keep the entire country in a bubble.  It never should of been a one size fits all approach.  There was nothing truly unique about this virus, I'm sure your kindergarten teacher taught you to wash your hands and not eat your boogers.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

I disagree.  We attempted to keep the entire country in a bubble.  It never should of been a one size fits all approach.  There was nothing truly unique about this virus, I'm sure your kindergarten teacher taught you to wash your hands and not eat your boogers.

Hyperbole aside, the unique part is no treatment that proves to be effective for those in grave danger.  The numbers suggest once on a ventilator your odds of come off alive are 1 in 5.

46 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Hyperbole aside, the unique part is no treatment that proves to be effective for those in grave danger.  The numbers suggest once on a ventilator your odds of come off alive are 1 in 5.

Even if I were to believe that human beings have never lived without a cure to a specific virus this long, it still doesn't mean, for instance, counties neighboring larger counties were in the same danger.  They social distance naturally better than urbanites for obvious reasons.  To treat them with the same heavy hand was mind numbingly stupid.  

Not to mention, if you think little Jimmy that delivered the groceries to grandpa's house wasn't passing the blunt around the night before, you might be naive.

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

Ventilator associated pneumonia is a highly common Healthcare associated infection. Put someone on a ventilator 3 times or more as long as normal with bilateral pneumonia to begin with  and you might as well just murder them outright. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Even if I were to believe that human beings have never lived without a cure to a specific virus this long, it still doesn't mean, for instance, counties neighboring larger counties were in the same danger.  They social distance naturally better than urbanites for obvious reasons.  To treat them with the same heavy hand was mind numbingly stupid.  

Not to mention, if you think little Jimmy that delivered the groceries to grandpa's house wasn't passing the blunt around the night before, you might be naive.

I agree if people were smart enough to stay put.  As we all know there are many who don’t believe anything is necessary and would not stop from driving 2 hours to a “safer zone” to get a haircut, go to a bar, etc.

The little Jimmy point is taken but delivering groceries is more essential than going to the club.  I maybe naive to believe Americans are smart enough to weigh activities vs possible outcomes.  I’m lucky enough to be working through this pandemic but my employer has modified how we do business to provide services and reduce the risk of communicating the disease.  Once again we are dealing with a complex issue in this country and too many people view it as binary.