THE BROWNS BOARD

"We're about to see the best economic data ever recorded in this country..."

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiENHJmGRcQDeTNCy7TmHpLH4qGQgEKhAIACoHCAow4Zn5CjCu8uACMLTRlgY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Of course this is from noted right-wing Russian bot site 'Politico' so...wait, that's a right wing Russian bot site, right? 

Of course we are. Why do you think the democrat-controlled states are fighting tooth-and-nail against reopening?

WSS

Makes sense. The economy isn't inherently broken. An outside factor came into play. We saw some of the worst numbers on the way down and we'll see the opposite on the way up. Just depends on how much damage was done to the most effected industries. 

In general I think presidents take too much blame and get too much credit for the economy. Especially considering how much effects lag. 

Trump's response to the pandemic, not the performance of the economy one way or the other, is more damning to me

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Makes sense. The economy isn't inherently broken. An outside factor came into play. We saw some of the worst numbers on the way down and we'll see the opposite on the way up. Just depends on how much damage was done to the most effected industries. 

In general I think presidents take too much blame and get too much credit for the economy. Especially considering how much effects lag. 

Trump's response to the pandemic, not the performance of the economy one way or the other, is more damning to me

So too much blame and too much credit unless it's this political football? Oh well. Actually why don't you tell me what you think Trump should have done and when.

If you are going to say what I guess you were going to say, and I won't accuse you of it, I'm already rolling my eyes. I could be wrong.

WSS

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So too much blame and too much credit unless it's this political football? Oh well. Actually why don't you tell me what you think Trump should have done and when.

If you are going to say what I guess you were going to say, and I won't accuse you of it, I'm already rolling my eyes. I could be wrong.

WSS

Not say stupid shit repeatedly

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Not say stupid shit repeatedly

The old saying is true. "Actions speak louder than words"

It seems like since social media really took  hold though, the only thing that matters to the great unwashed is mic skills. President Obama is liable to be remembered  very fondly although in the bigger picture he really didn't do anything that warrants those rose colored glasses he's viewed through. 

Steve Jobs, a guy that got things done - and a notable liberal - once said about Obama 

"The president is very smart  but he keeps giving me reasons why things can't be done, It infuriates me"

That is a singularly  accurate summation of Barack  Obama. He had wonderful mic skills but piss-poor in ring ability. 

Trump on the other hand appears  to be a bit of a blithering idiot when he talks but he manages,  somehow, to actually do things  when the democrats  aren't hypocritically doing what they accused Republicans of doing during the Obama years - exercising  their power to stymie him for partisan  reasons.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I said when the democrats aren't blocking him  but I want to clarify  that to "when the  democrats  CAN'T  block him " because they're  never working with him.  

Right, one party just tries to block the other party from doing things

And I'm not saying those things because I think Trump isn't well spoken (he isn't), I'm saying it because he says stupid shit. He could be the best orator in the world but pimping an unproven drug or telling people to liberate states and I'd still say he's saying stupid shit. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

What part of "appears to be a blithering idiot when he talks" did you misconstrue as me disagreeing with your opinion that he "says stupid shit"

I took your post to be more about his skills as an orator vs Obama's, and not necessarily about the content of what he's saying.

If it included the content as well, then nvm. My bad 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:33 AM, The Cysko Kid said:

The old saying is true. "Actions speak louder than words"

It seems like since social media really took  hold though, the only thing that matters to the great unwashed is mic skills. President Obama is liable to be remembered  very fondly although in the bigger picture he really didn't do anything that warrants those rose colored glasses he's viewed through. 

Steve Jobs, a guy that got things done - and a notable liberal - once said about Obama 

"The president is very smart  but he keeps giving me reasons why things can't be done, It infuriates me"

That is a singularly  accurate summation of Barack  Obama. He had wonderful mic skills but piss-poor in ring ability. 

Trump on the other hand appears  to be a bit of a blithering idiot when he talks but he manages,  somehow, to actually do things  when the democrats  aren't hypocritically doing what they accused Republicans of doing during the Obama years - exercising  their power to stymie him for partisan  reasons.  

Nailed it.