THE BROWNS BOARD

Another incalculable loss

45 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

if it isn't a "get Trump haha" TDS thing, it just doesn't matter. it doesn't make them feeeeeeeel good. Even when they claim to be a "moderate" but aren't really.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Yep, I agree. Anything to make hospitals safer makes sense. Masks in hospitals isn't a bad idea. Current reality may change future reality (ex, working from home)

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yep, I agree. Anything to make hospitals safer makes sense. Masks in hospitals isn't a bad idea. Current reality may change future reality (ex, working from home)

And yet...

Then again this list could have been on the front page of the New York Times if it served somebody's purpose. Maybe?

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

And yet...

Then again this list could have been on the front page of the New York Times if it served somebody's purpose. Maybe?

WSS

Sure, except the spread of disease in a place designed to deal with and cure disease is unfortunately seen as a consequence of what it is. Could it be better? Sure. And I hope we keep making strides to improve it like we have over the decades and centuries. 

COVID is an infectious diseases spreading through the population regardless of who they are or where they go (generally). Taking precautions (distancing, masks) to prevent spreading across the population makes sense. 

They aren't apples to apples

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure, except the spread of disease in a place designed to deal with and cure disease is unfortunately seen as a consequence of what it is. Could it be better? Sure. And I hope we keep making strides to improve it like we have over the decades and centuries. 

COVID is an infectious diseases spreading through the population regardless of who they are or where they go (generally). Taking precautions (distancing, masks) to prevent spreading across the population makes sense. 

They aren't apples to apples

Not sure about that bud. The hospital is supposed to be the safest most sterile most protected place in the whole wide world. And still...

WSS

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Not sure about that bud. The hospital is supposed to be the safest most sterile most protected place in the whole wide world. And still...

WSS

They're also the places where all of the people with diseases and infections go...

I'm not saying it is good, or that it can't get any better... and I'm just saying they aren't an apples to apples comparison

Also, can you point out the graph that shows deaths from weed overdose in your link above?

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

They're also the places where all of the people with diseases and infections go...

I'm not saying it is good, or that it can't get any better... and I'm just saying they aren't an apples to apples comparison

Also, can you point out the graph that shows deaths from weed overdose in your link above?

Is that what it seems like to you? Were you just oh... Well you know. Of course I think most ODs these days are from oxy or some shit very similar to it. Weed isn't particularly dangerous unless making a person stupid is dangerous. But you can say that about a guy that drinks booze all day long as well. 

WSS

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Is that what it seems like to you? Were you just oh... Well you know. Of course I think most ODs these days are from oxy or some shit very similar to it. Weed isn't particularly dangerous unless making a person stupid is dangerous. But you can say that about a guy that drinks booze all day long as well. 

WSS

Right. Alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous than weed but both of those are fine legally (to varying levels). There really isn't any argument anyone could make to keep alcohol legal but make weed illegal. It's just the result of years of anti-weed stigma, propaganda from industries that would stand to lose from it being legal (while propaganda / lobbying to keep things like tobacco legal), and, as we've seen all throughout this board, the taking of a (mostly) scientific issue and making it a political one. 

I've never smoked weed in my life (though I had a lot of close friends that did / do), and I have no intention too (asthma probably isn't great in that equation), but I support its legalization completely and have never heard a good argument to keep it illegal.

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Right. Alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous than weed but both of those are fine legally (to varying levels). There really isn't any argument anyone could make to keep alcohol legal but make weed illegal. It's just the result of years of anti-weed stigma, propaganda from industries that would stand to lose from it being legal (while propaganda / lobbying to keep things like tobacco legal), and, as we've seen all throughout this board, the taking of a (mostly) scientific issue and making it a political one. 

I've never smoked weed in my life (though I had a lot of close friends that did / do), and I have no intention too (asthma probably isn't great in that equation), but I support its legalization completely and have never heard a good argument to keep it illegal.

Worse? Who knows none of the three are probably good for you. But we get boat loads of tax money to pay for social programs. That way even more deadbeats can stay home and get high drunk and smoke cigarettes.

WSS

Pennsylvania health officials have admitted to errors in newly-released coronavirus nursing home data.

Spotlight PA found earlier in May that the state had a plan in March to protect nursing homes and “train nursing home staff on infection prevention protocols, provide personal protective equipment, help identify secluded quarantine areas,” but the plan was never fully implemented.

Lawmakers also noted discrepancies in the coronavirus death tolls being reported by facilities and the numbers posted to the state's website. The Spotlight PA review concluded that the Pennsylvania Department of Health has been quietly altering the data since its release.

“I have heard that there were a small number of errors,” Secretary of Health Rachel Levine said Thursday when confronted. “We’re correcting those.”

Story continues below

The CEO of the Pennsylvania Health Care Association, which represents 400 long-term care facilities, said the numbers contained “inaccurate” data.

“Minutes after the data was published, it became clear it contained inconsistent and inaccurate information,” said Zachary Shamberg, president and CEO of the Pennsylvania Health Care Association. “The Department of Health has not provided a plausible explanation for why it will not remove faulty data or alert the public that the posted data is inaccurate.”

Spotlight PA found the department has made numerous changes to data, including at the Jewish Home of eastern Pennsylvania and the Saunders House, outside of Philadelphia. Both of the facilities had shown a total of 52 deaths between the two, but by Thursday, data showed no deaths occurred at either facility.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/small-number-of-errors-pennsylvania-officials-alter-nursing-home-coronavirus-data?_amp=true&fbclid=IwAR2dI2lItCYlCDE7XlfK1K4Kd6X22fCAyE_bBpEWcAgkLFy6zgyuct3WX68

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

A lot of you have always struggled with correlation vs causation unfortunately...

Democrats, poor governing and covid-19 is the cause of many thousand lives lost.

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Cleveland clinic's icra modules make a big thing about this.

You know what one of the most major hai's is?

Ventilator associated pneumonia. 

It makes me  wonder, cynically, how many deaths blamed on sars were also fighting staph, c-dif, aspergillosis or any other infection that is rife on hospitals  and nursing homes, disgusting places that they are. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Axe said:

99068541_10220302598107984_2469210070366

I think this is more a function of population density than anything if you look at the states who got it the worst. They could have had some Frankenstein made of Trump, Reagan, and Lincoln running these spots and it still wouldn’t overcome the fact that people are piled on each other in the NE and West Coast.

Or maybe they just can't count right.

Or maybe it's something else..

No, of course not. There are no dense population centers in Dallas, Miami,Orlando, Phoenix, Cleveland.. And the fact the population totals are very similar means nothing

24 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Moving to WV from NJ, I got to realize what open space was. The amount of people squeezed together is suffocating when I go back now. 

Is it worth it to go find data on population density, large city population, COVID numbers, etc just for posters here to ignore you and call you fake news? No, not really. 

No sense in trying to teach regression analysis to a group that thinks 5G is causing COVID

That's assuming the data on that "chart" (meme) is even correct.

Hell, PA, MI, and LA all voted for Trump in 2016. 

MA and MD have a Republican governor  

• Upvote 1