THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Interview on JRE - Daryl Davis

MLD Woody

Rogan is moving to Spotify, exclusively now.

The YouTube gestspo apparently pissed him off for the last time.

I heard this guy on a Ted talk once.  Interesting story, i guess.  Not to knock the story, but at this point the KKK is, for all intents and purposes, dead.  In my lifetime, I've never even met a person that knew a member.  Joe Exotic has like 50x more tigers than they have members.  Whoopty doo.

I'll watch the video later though, as I'm sure it's a pretty expanded version of what I've already heard.

Just now, htownbrown said:

Rogan is moving to Spotify, exclusively now.

The YouTube gestspo apparently pissed him off for the last time.

I heard this guy on a Ted talk once.  Interesting story, i guess.  Not to knock the story, but at this point the KKK is, for all intents and purposes, dead.  In my lifetime, I've never even met a person that knew a member.  Joe Exotic has like 50x more tigers than they have members.  Whoopty doo.

I'll watch the video later though, as I'm sure it's a pretty expanded version of what I've already heard.

Not a regular listener to Rogan or anything but I heard the Spotify news too. Starts 2021. Spotify must have dropped a truckload of cash. I doubt it is some fight against youtube censorship like some on here like to go on about (while linking to a youtube video talking about the censorship, ironically enough). Just like streaming platforms locked up exclusive deals with video game streamers other media platforms will lock down their creators. 

The video I posted is the full 2.5  hour interview. It includes his story on how this all started back in the early 80's. I think what he has to say and what he's experienced is more prevalent now than you'd think. We have plenty of examples in recent years, months, weeks to show this isn't dead.

Putting there here before I peace out for a bit

This will probably get some riled up on here. I'll start by saying I'm not calling anyone a klan member, nazi, etc

I do see a lot of similarities in the structure of the points the KKK member is making (as told by Daryl) to posts and articles I've seen on here:

"___ are lazy"

"___ are stupid"

"___ commit all of the crime"

etc

Now a racist/KKK member will fill that blank in with blacks. It is brought about by the KKK member's own ignorance and lack of exposure to others that are different than him. 

But how often do we hear "liberals" are lazy or "liberals" commit the crime? I mean yes, sometimes posters (or poster) post just straight up racist shit (and they've been emboldened by Trump and other recent events, which is no surprise), but what they're going on about and how they're doing it, in an attempt to undermine others, is set up very similarly. 

He also made a point that these hate groups are rebranding as they lose members by putting a bad taste in their mouth (KKK tied to lynching, murders, so the become White Separatists) but still really hold a lot of the same ideas. That now leads to the White Nationalist movement, Charlottesville, etc. 

Just a really interesting interview and elements of the ignorance displayed by those Daryl conversed with are seen in stuff that has been posted here (either directly or linked). In Daryl's case, he was incredibly patient and had to personal skills to convert those filled with hate. 

one nut hater is the same as everybody on earth who greta woodpecka doesn't like.

go figure. who would have thought he'd act like this...again? and again? and again? and...etc etc