THE BROWNS BOARD

Hey gov overreach - Real America has had it with your leftism controling crap.

calfoxwc

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

You want me to waste my time pointing out every exception? Just go away with that crap. Try damn near everyone on that list- that succeeded by talent, creativity, ingenuity, intelligence, or athletic prowess. Home schooled or not. 

Or you just like to argue about bullshit?  

LOL Of course not clown. Even if every one of them possessed those traits they were the exceptions, not the rule.

I asked...What about the 100's thousands of normal people who became successful?  Perhaps the 100's threw you off, shoulda been thousands. I should have been more clear. I was alluding more to average people, homeschooled as kids who succeeded in life as adults..

I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to marginalize homeschooling by emphasizing the natural talent you believe those individuals had at birth. You're so sure homeschooling played no part.

What we're trying to do is to merely show you the successful who were homeschooled. How much home schooling influenced them, I don't know. I never asked them. Did you?

Plus the fact that there is no list of average Joe's who succeeded that is readily available.

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's amazing when they just can't put two and two together, huh?

You learn how to write research papers in public school. And your bibliography is more than just THE BIBLE and Mom

That's very shallow thinking all the way around. Because a business that promotes homeschooling for profit means everything they say is false??? Gosh, imagine if that were the case with every business.

That tired 2+2 basic arithmetic copout doesn't work here. Too many variables, try moving up to Algebra I. Do you still remember Algebra I?

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

That's very shallow thinking all the way around. Because a business that promotes homeschooling for profit means everything they illustrate and say  must be false??? Gosh, imagine if that were the case with every business.

That tired 2+2 basic arithmetic copout doesn't work here. Too many variables, try moving up to Algebra I. Do you still remember Algebra I?

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Not that anybody asked to me but I think homeschooling is probably some ridiculous bulshit. Yes I know some people who are very successful with it. Those that aren't are doing a grave disservice to not only the kid but the rest of society when the unsocialized little bastard gets out amongst real people.

(Not that the public schools aren't fucked up in their own way but still...)

WSS

totally wrong, but I understand how you and Hoorta don't get it.

I figure it this way - and I'm right:

Bullying is a very serious problem in public schools.

Drugs are a serious problem in a lot of public schools.

"Common Sense" indocrination is very common in the very wrong ways.

Anti-God, anti-Christian bigotry is rampant in many public school systems, teacher by teacher, or by principals, superintendents.

Extreme democrat-favoring political bigotry is rampant all over our school system. My Wife was given a hard time once, by the union rep, for not saying who she was going to vote for - as in, whether she would vote democrat or not. I heard about it, and my Wife's friends went to the rep and told her to apologize and STFU or she would meet me, and she'd be on the short end of the stick. She apologized and my Wife nor any of her friends were ever harassed again on the subject.

It's the entire NEA, each state....

and kids who are homeschooled are the happiest kids around. And they have all sorts of friends in the neighborhood. They have friends outside their neighborhood with other homeschooled kids.

The NEA is a politicized for democrats org, plain and simple. locked in.

Leftwing opposition to home schooling is based on:

wanting more money for public schools, wanting to indoctrinate ALL American kids, and complete control and power over an entire community/city school system.

I know homeschooled kids who grew up very well adjusted and very happy - and very successful.

Liberals demand control, and if they don't get it...

they bitch forever.

Bigotry towards all home schooled kids is stupid.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

totally wrong, but I understand how you and Hoorta don't get it.

I figure it this way - and I'm right:

Bullying is a very serious problem in public schools.

Drugs are a serious problem in a lot of public schools.

"Common Sense" indocrination is very common in the very wrong ways.

Anti-God, anti-Christian bigotry is rampant in many public school systems, teacher by teacher, or by principals, superintendents.

Extreme democrat-favoring political bigotry is rampant all over our school system. My Wife was given a hard time once, by the union rep, for not saying who she was going to vote for - as in, whether she would vote democrat or not. I heard about it, and my Wife's friends went to the rep and told her to apologize and STFU or she would meet me, and she'd be on the short end of the stick. She apologized and my Wife nor any of her friends were ever harassed again on the subject.

It's the entire NEA, each state....

and kids who are homeschooled are the happiest kids around. And they have all sorts of friends in the neighborhood. They have friends outside their neighborhood with other homeschooled kids.

The NEA is a politicized for democrats org, plain and simple. locked in.

Leftwing opposition to home schooling is based on:

wanting more money for public schools, wanting to indoctrinate ALL American kids, and complete control and power over an entire community/city school system.

I know homeschooled kids who grew up very well adjusted and very happy - and very successful.

Liberals demand control, and if they don't get it...

they bitch forever.

Bigotry towards all home schooled kids is stupid.

Day Twenty Seven | The Confusing Middle

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

That's very shallow thinking all the way around. Because a business that promotes homeschooling for profit means everything they say is false??? Gosh, imagine if that were the case with every business.

You only work with a single variable in Algebra 1

Multivariable Calculus involves working with many variables. 

I've brought it up before as our anti climate change folks seemed to not understanding that more than one thing could affect the climate

If they promote homeschooling for profit then you could probably find a better source. 

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Yeah, high 90s I'm sure.

Thought ya had me on ignore 🤣

When ya throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit.

Everytime I speak of the haters and losers I do so with great love and affection. They cannot help the fact they were born fucked up. 

you know the colombine school murderers?

went to a public school. they were bullied, etc.

the murdering kid in Florida?

public school.

Public schools don't teach American history.

Why schools have stopped teaching American history

https://nypost.com/2017/01/22/why-schools-have...

Jan 22, 2017 · “Don’t know much about history . . .,” goes the famous song. It’s an apt motto for the Common Core’s elementary school curriculum. And it’s becoming a serious problem. A 2014 report by …

https://jessicaautumn.com/public-schools-are-failing/

1.Boring

The majority of kids will tell you that they do not like school and this seems normal to us. It’s like we automatically assume that school is supposed to be boring. Think back to something you learned in the past that interested you. Was that boring? Of course not! Learning shouldn’t be a chore.

You may say well they need to learn the stuff, right? Just because they memorize something for a test does not mean they learned anything. It seems like a big waste of time to me. Why is so much time and effort put into memorization?

This brings me to my solution. Schools should focus more on the individual’s interest.  Of course, everyone should learn basic skills like reading, writing, and math. But classrooms should be set up to better meet the individuals needs. Children learn more when they are excited about something. Montessori classrooms also work well for children. The older kids can help the younger children learn, while learning to become leaders.  

Most children these days don’t even understand the basics about our world. Ever ask a child where lettuce comes from? Many of them will say from a bag or from the store. And who can blame them? There are some schools that have nature classrooms. These outdoor classrooms allow children to learn so much more than they ever could in a classroom looking at a book. It wouldn’t even cost much to create one at every school and many parents would enjoy bringing in the resources necessary. Here is an article from the National Wildlife Federation discussing some amazing benefits of exposing children to the natural world. 

Kids are not meant to sit still all day long.  They need to move!  It makes no sense that all these kids are on drugs for ADHD because they are just being kids. My little brother just completed the fourth grade and he didn’t have recess the entire year!  Then his teacher suggested medication because he is hyper.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the real issue.

Outdoor_Classroom

2.Parents don’t teach the Children at Home

People need to take responsibility for their actions and for their children. When a child goes to kindergarten and doesn’t know the basics, how is that teacher supposed to catch that kid up? Solution: Parents need to teach their kids. Simple right? If you are too busy to teach your kids, you are just too busy. I know many people that have kids that are going to kindergarten soon and are not ready. The parents have failed to take the time needed to teach their kids what they need to know.   It is abnormal to not be able to understand a four-year-old child with no disabilities or for them to not be potty trained.

3.Dumbed Down Material

Talk to any educated elderly person and they will tell you how much harder school was some years ago. For example, my college professor’s generation read the Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle among many other books that people don’t read today. They were able to understand it, but when he became a professor he learned from all his failing students that he had to dumb down the material.  Then a couple of years later he had to dumb it down again. My class read the Road Less Traveled by Scott Peck, which is somewhat similar. But many people even had a hard time with reading that.

Programs like No Student Left Behind encouraged teachers to make it too easy for any kid to pass.  They weren’t retaining the knowledge they needed to become successful. Seeing an A on a child’s report card makes parents proud. But you have to think is that an A any more than what a C was back in the 70s? Grade inflation is not a good thing in the long run.  Most kids these days get A’s and B’s, but how does this make sense if we’re ranked so low compared to the other nations?  Shouldn’t we be competing against them instead of falling behind?  Here’s a great article by Applerouth called When A is for Average: the High Cost of Grade Inflation.

4.Funding

The property tax of the area determines the funding. This is a huge problem. Poor children are off to a bad start from the get-go. There is no mystery behind a poor generation that raises another poor generation. It takes a lot of hard work on an individual’s part to get out of that poor mentality. It can happen, but it is rare and would be better if everyone was on a level playing field.

The solution to this one could come from many avenues. A pulling of the states property taxes and distributing them evenly throughout all the schools would help. But I think a better solution would be for schools to have to compete for funding. Take a charter school for example. They have to be competitive so more kids go there or they don’t get funding. 

There are not enough charter schools available and some even have to offer a lottery style system to decide what kids can get in. Many parents really want their child to go there. America spends more per student than any other country so this point could be argued. So a lack of funding is only a small piece of the puzzle.

5.Teachers Tenure

Yes, there are positives for teacher tenure. But, yet there are also a lot of negatives. I am all for protecting teachers because we know that false accusations come up very often.  At the same time, many children don’t receive a quality education. Some teachers think since they can’t get fired without a lengthy process (and many schools don’t want to go through that). They don’t have to try after their probationary period if they don’t want to. Good teachers are a HUGE necessity for student learning. They contribute to making a society successful. There needs to be closer monitoring of teachers performance, but they should still have protections.

6.No uniforms

I am a big supporter of uniforms. I remember being a poor kid in school. My clothes weren’t the nicest and some kids made fun of me. There were people who got it worse than me and I will admit it was nice for the heat to be off of me back then. It shouldn’t be like that. In schools where kids have to wear uniforms, it levels the playing field a bit.

Yes, there are still problems in schools with uniforms. This is real life. Problems are everywhere, but reducing unnecessary problems is the point.  I had one nice shirt in middle school and I wore it quite often.  Sure enough, I got laughed at and felt totally humiliated.  I think we all had at least one bad experience in school because of our clothes.

7.They don’t give alternatives to college after high school 

College is great for some, don’t get me wrong. I think education is very important, but the idea that college is the only way to get educated is naive. Some of the most successful people are either college dropouts or they never even went. Take Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook, for example. He dropped out of college and is one of the most successful people in our society today.

Now, you may say they are the exception to the rule. I beg to differ. A person can go to school to become a teacher and make on average $44,848. They also rack up a ton of student loan debt. That doesn’t make them more successful than the postal worker that has no student loan debt and makes on average $53,100.  Many people with degrees are still living in poverty.

No one wants to talk to students about other career paths other than the one that involves a college degree. This is limiting to the students that don’t want to go to college. More options need to be a given to students.  It’s not you either go to college or else you are a failure, but unfortunately this is how many children feel.

8. Bullying

Implementing anti-bullying programs into schools only does one thing. Makes the people in charge look good.  Bullying is still prevalent in the public school system.  I imagine you were probably bullied at some point while you were in school.  I think it’s safe to say we all experienced it to some degree.  It hurts. Children shouldn’t be scared to go to school.  My brother goes to a good school, but there is still a lot of bullying going on there.  A lot of the teachers are not observant of what is going on.  Many times nothing’s done even when the issue is brought to the staff’s attention. There are great teachers that are mindful of what is going on their classrooms. They take the necessary steps to make sure everyone feels safe, but there are many that do not.

9. Indoctrinating children

This is a big one and a touchy subject.  Schools should only be teaching kids how to think, not what to think.  Why can’t the government just let the kids learn? Instead of shoving their agendas down their throats. Most boys like G.I. Joes and most girls like Barbie’s.  There is nothing wrong with that!  Let them be.

Did you know that the state of Oregon allows 15-year-olds to get a sex change without parental consent? 94% of children grow out of transgenderism by adulthood so most of these teens end up regretting it!  Since when have teenagers been known to make good decisions? When a child’s confused about their sexuality they don’t need people pressuring them to get a sex change, but to help them work through it. If they grow up and still want to get a sex change then so be it.  There are so many so-called “social justice” issues being thrown at little children that are doing more harm than good.

Schools could be awesome…

If we had more people who cared enough to change them. Everyone is so busy working their lives away that they don’t see what’s really going on. And there are some people who just feel powerless to fix anything. This is why we need to be informed voters. The right people need to get elected to represent the people.

If you are already a voter, ask yourself are you truly informed or do you only have half of the story? Take the time out of your busy schedule to get to know who is running for the federal and state offices. There is more to each candidate than what you see in a five-minute segment on the news and a Facebook meme to consider.

Related: Are Millennials The Worst Generation Ever?

Do you think public schools are failing our society? What are some of your ideas to make them better? Let me know in the comments below!

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm much smarter than them. I have a much higher IQ. I went to a better college.

Hoorta is trying so hard to be woodpecker's friend.

Delusions of grandeur, woodpecker has.

Say, how about "Scientific American" ???

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bad-news-for-the-highly-intelligent/

Bad News for the Highly Intelligent

Superior IQs are associated with mental and physical disorders, research suggests

Now there’s some bad news for people in the right tail of the IQ bell curve. In a study just published in the journal Intelligence, Pitzer College researcher Ruth Karpinski and her colleagues emailed a survey with questions about psychological and physiological disorders to members of Mensa. A “high IQ society,” Mensa requires that its members have an IQ in the top 2 percent. For most intelligence tests, this corresponds to an IQ of about 132 or higher. (The average IQ of the general population is 100.) The survey of Mensa’s highly intelligent members found that they were more likely to suffer from a range of serious disorders.

The survey covered mood disorders (depression, dysthymia and bipolar), anxiety disorders (generalized, social and obsessive-compulsive), attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism. It also covered environmental allergies, asthma and autoimmune disorders. Respondents were asked to report whether they had ever been formally diagnosed with each disorder or suspected they suffered from it. With a return rate of nearly 75 percent, Karpinski and her colleagues compared the percentage of the 3,715 respondents who reported each disorder to the national average.

"Superior IQs are associated with mental and physical disorders, research suggests "

like stupid woodpeckers who have no idea how to be a real American human being.

I figure the mental disorders, woodpecker, but do you have physical disorders?

after all, I'm just going by a peer reviewed SCIENTIFIC STUDY.

and have a nice day.

you have to have a 132 IQ?

crap. When I tested in school, it was 123/128 something. in the 120's.

dammit. I'm only kinda brilliant, but extremely social, humorous, adventurous, and loved.

pretty sad when you could have a "high IQ", and only achieve "stupid woodpecker" status, and still die in about two days or less in the wilderness . and not be smart enough to know which end of the fishing pole has the reel on it.........

I loved the outdoors far more than schcrewel.

But I thrived on American history, English, and poetry, and reading. I used to read

Sherlock Holmes in the third grade. I read books like "30 Seconds Over Tokyo", a true story, and

"Hound of the Baskervilles". and my favorites "The Hardy Boys". they camped and fished, explored and solved mysteries. I never once had to study for a spelling test.

My ideal career would have been a detective, or a fishing guide up in Alaska.

Except I dreamed most of the time about fishing and being outdoors, camping,

and learning about survival. and fishing. and camping. I thought about those things I loved, most of the time when I was bored with basic math, and when I really didn't like pre calc.

Basic trig - I aced that sucker. Theorems were just stupid.

American history rocked.

Chemistry was just okay - but I was intrigued with colloids.

Physics - I loved physics. Magnetism, you betcha. anything with physics.

At one point in schrewel, I decided I'd love to be a bio-medical engineer - design advanced prosthetics, human body parts. But, not being one who loved higher math, and the lack of tech at the time - I didn't go there.

actually - theorems are really, really stupid. like woodpecker.

5 hours ago, Gorka said:

LOL Of course not clown. Even if every one of them possessed those traits they were the exceptions, not the rule.

I asked...What about the 100's thousands of normal people who became successful?  Perhaps the 100's threw you off, shoulda been thousands. I should have been more clear. I was alluding more to average people, homeschooled as kids who succeeded in life as adults..

I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to marginalize homeschooling by emphasizing the natural talent you believe those individuals had at birth. You're so sure homeschooling played no part.

What we're trying to do is to merely show you the successful who were homeschooled. How much home schooling influenced them, I don't know. I never asked them. Did you?

Plus the fact that there is no list of average Joe's who succeeded that is readily available.

Um, I've said several times I really have no objections to those parents who decide to home school their kids. The only way those kids are marginalized- as Steve pointed out- and I agree with- is home school kids don't get the daily hours long interaction with peer group children. There are valid reasons to home school BTW. Here in Dayton- the public school system is a disaster. Once you get to the High School level- I totally understand many parents don't have the financial resources- and aren't destitute enough to get vouchers- can't afford the $10,000+ tuition at private schools. Or can't afford to pull up stakes to move to Oakwood- that does have an excellent public school system, with concurrent sky high housing prices and property taxes.

Did you not pay any attention to your own stats? The #1 reason parents choose home schooling is they don't like the public options out there. Do the home schooled kids have an equal chance of success? Maybe. Depending on who's doing the teaching. A computer? How many of those parents have any experience teaching academic subjects? As Woody pointed out- when you get to the college prep level, I'd bet damn few.

So when you get right down to it- home schooling is marginalized by definition- because it's outside of what most would describe as a "normal" education path. You hear every day about those marginalized individuals on the outside of society looking in.  

36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So when you get right down to it- home schooling is marginalized by definition- because it's outside of what most would describe as a "normal" education path. You hear every day about those marginalized individuals on the outside of society looking in.  

when you get right down to it - that is bs. Home schooling is enriching - those students are NOT marginalized. Quite the opposite. They learn American history. public schools tend to not teach it. They learn from their friends who get bullied in school, how to really enjoy home schooling.

And who teaches in the home school environment, is no more important that who it is that teaches in the public school environment. I've had the worst, ineffective, feckless asswhole "teachers" in public schools, and some of them were outstanding.

The "one size fits all, and it's sized most often by liberal hacks" in the public school system is garbage. Here in Ohio - the teacher unions fought like all hell against property taxes funding schools, and home schooling.

Well, fook them - they get different funding and voila ! they started teaching anti-Christian, ant-God, anti-parent anything and thumbed their nose at parents, because they were no longer accountable to the citizens who pay the bills. and they have tried, but can't stop the bullying of other kids.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You only work with a single variable in Algebra 1

Multivariable Calculus involves working with many variables. 

I've brought it up before as our anti climate change folks seemed to not understanding that more than one thing could affect the climate

If they promote homeschooling for profit then you could probably find a better source. 

Maybe I can't.

But really, you couldn't accept the statements below at face value? Opening the link to examine the source was imperative in this case?

Homeschooling Is Only For Religious or Faith-Based Families. ...

• Homeschoolers Don't Socialize. ...
  • Homeschoolers Are All Gifted Or Naturally Intelligent. ...
  • Homeschoolers Do Not Go To College. ...
  • Homeschooling Is Not An Accepted Form Of Education. ...
  • Homeschoolers Do Not Learn As Much As Public School Students.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

when you get right down to it - that is bs. Home schooling is enriching - those students are NOT marginalized. Quite the opposite. They learn American history. public schools tend to not teach it. They learn from their friends who get bullied in school, how to really enjoy home schooling.

And who teaches in the home school environment, is no more important that who it is that teaches in the public school environment. I've had the worst, ineffective, feckless asswhole "teachers" in public schools, and some of them were outstanding.

The "one size fits all, and it's sized most often by liberal hacks" in the public school system is garbage. Here in Ohio - the teacher unions fought like all hell against property taxes funding schools, and home schooling.

Well, fook them - they get different funding and voila ! they started teaching anti-Christian, ant-God, anti-parent anything and thumbed their nose at parents, because they were no longer accountable to the citizens who pay the bills. and they have tried, but can't stop the bullying of other kids.

Now you just have to bring up your anti- liberal bias don't you?  And home schooling fits right in too- because reasons #2 & #3 are religious in nature. I agree that when they took any mention of religion out of public schools, it was downhill from there. If Conservative Christian parents want to keep their kids in bubble wrap so they're not exposed to the outside world- they're in for a rude awakening when they venture outside. Sounds more like brain washing to me instead of enriching if you only get one POV.  Getting to participate in after school activities is not the same as all day interaction with kids your same age.  Poor widdle Johnny afraid of getting bullied? Mommy and Daddy are going to make sure that doesn't happen. Kid will never learn how to deal with that situation if he's not exposed to it. 

PS- I do agree because of Teacher's unions, it's almost impossible to weed out the truly bad\incompetent ones in public education. Back in the 70s- same story working for unionized Republic Steel. Inner city schools are almost forced to hire the lowest rated ones or new graduates, because first assignment- it's about all new teachers can get. And as soon as an opening appears at a suburban district or a parochial school- they're out of there faster than you can say "I quit".   

28 minutes ago, Gorka said:

But really, you couldn't accept the statements below at face value? Opening the link to examine the source was imperative in this case?

Homeschooling Is Only For Religious or Faith-Based Families. ...

• Homeschoolers Don't Socialize. ...
  • Homeschoolers Are All Gifted Or Naturally Intelligent. ...
  • Homeschoolers Do Not Go To College. ...
  • Homeschooling Is Not An Accepted Form Of Education. ...
  • Homeschoolers Do Not Learn As Much As Public School Students.

I was fine with all those statements- but then Cal has to start spewing and getting defensive about things....   Almost sounds like he's making it out to be a better form of education- and yes in some instances it is....  If you live in an inner city school district, and don't qualify for a voucher....  

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If Conservative Christian parents want to keep their kids in bubble wrap so they're not exposed to the outside world- they're in for a rude awakening when they venture outside. Sounds more like brain washing to me instead of enriching if you only get one POV.  Getting to participate in after school activities is not the same as all day interaction with kids your same age.  Poor widdle Johnny afraid of getting bullied? Mommy and Daddy are going to make sure that doesn't happen. Kid will never learn how to deal with that situation if he's not exposed to it. 

but that is not what happens. I know homeschooled kids who went on missions to island countries in the Carribean. They still have friends in the neighborhood who go to public schools. You think bullying is a good thing? egad. You're going off the wrong track.

The Columbine two public school murderers lost it over being bullied at school - they struck back at the school. It's also true, btw, that different kids from different homes can get home schooled together. So, they don't have a football team. They still go to football games at their local schools.

It's far more complicated than some of you know:

https://www.home-school.com/Articles/can-homeschoolers-participate-in-public-school-programs.php

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I was fine with all those statements- but then Cal has to start spewing and getting defensive about things....   Almost sounds like he's making it out to be a better form of education- and yes in some instances it is....  If you live in an inner city school district, and don't qualify for a voucher....  

I  never once said or implied "better". It's a great choice when it works out, it's different, I endorse it, and some school systems allow home schooled kids to take part in some public school activities.

I just posted to that, just after you posted your last post. You should know - home schooling isn't a protective "bubble" where the kid enters the world after school and is all not ready for it.

Give it a break. That is just ignorant of homeschooling, wrong, and bigoted in woodpecker's case.

Of course, he's ignorant, arrogant, and bigoted about every single subject we ever bring up, so no surprise.

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

but that is not what happens. I know homeschooled kids who went on missions to island countries in the Carribean. They still have friends in the neighborhood who go to public schools. You think bullying is a good thing? egad. You're going off the wrong track.

The Columbine two public school murderers lost it over being bullied at school - they struck back at the school. It's also true, btw, that different kids from different homes can get home schooled together. So, they don't have a football team. They still go to football games at their local schools.

It's far more complicated than some of you know:

https://www.home-school.com/Articles/can-homeschoolers-participate-in-public-school-programs.php

So when they go into the 'real world' and face assholes daily what are they going to do?

• Upvote 1

they watch tv, too. they will be just fine and ready to meet people like you. lol

some of them take martial arts classes as a social get-together with friends.

and they go ice-skating, to movies, etc etc with other kids from other groups.

Home-schooling does NOT mean "in a bubble".

Just now, calfoxwc said:

they watch tv, too. they will be just fine and ready to meet people like you. lol

some of them take martial arts classes as a social get-together with friends.

and they go ice-skating, to movies, etc etc with other kids from other groups.

Home-schooling does NOT mean "in a bubble".

You live in a dream world.

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You live in a dream world.

bs - I live in the real world. I SAID I know several families that have homeschooled over the years.

reality
[rēˈalədē]
NOUN
  1. the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Because he needs to politicize everything and hold blind, unwavering allegiance to whatever stance his political ideology says he should have

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

bs - I live in the real world. I SAID I know several families that have homeschooled over the years.

reality
[rēˈalədē]
NOUN
  1. the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

Great- and they're 100% totally representative of everyone who home schools. I seriously doubt it. Hate to tell you- that limited sample size it hardly qualifies you to make broad assumptions in anything you don't have personal experience in. You're just quoting numbers otherwise. Glad it's worked out for those families...  

The smaller the sample size, the greater chance of statistical error. Now if you can say you know around 100 home schooling families from diverse backgrounds- try inner city instead of farm country, different ethnicities, religions, and economic levels- I might think you're on to something- instead of looking at it from a mighty narrow perspective. 

Welcome to the real world according to Cal.... 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So when they go into the 'real world' and face assholes daily what are they going to do?

Just be careful- Call thinks because they get bullied in school it increases the odds they're going to pick up a gun and start shooting to take out their frustrations.... 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Great- and they're 100% totally representative of everyone who home schools. I seriously doubt it. Hate to tell you- that limited sample size it hardly qualifies you to make broad assumptions in anything you don't have personal experience in. You're just quoting numbers otherwise. Glad it's worked out for those families...  

The smaller the sample size, the greater chance of statistical error. Now if you can say you know around 100 home schooling families from diverse backgrounds- try inner city instead of farm country, different ethnicities, religions, and economic levels- I might think you're on to something- instead of looking at it from a mighty narrow perspective. 

Welcome to the real world according to Cal.... 

I  Googled "Blacks and homeschooling" and there were several articles on that topic. From the brief amount of time I delved into it, most discussion was about the ever increasing number of blacks being homeschooled and reasons...nothing about the "success rate" from what I gathered.

Obviously Cal wouldn't know 100's of homeschooled with diverse backgrounds so he would need to research this and the data may not even exist.

But consider Condoleezza Rice and Poopie Goldberg. Both homeschooled, both back. The former is smart, humble, polite, a Conservative Republican, and a Cleveland Browns fan.

The latter is a vile ignorant flaming liberal demonrat.

Using that as a gauge, homeschooling is batting .500 among blacks. lol

Yes that was a joke, only the last sentence though.

wait,woodpecker's sample size was a couple of kids in his college, which probably isn't even true, and your sample size is....

what?

Hoorta is arguing based on a bit of fact, but it comes back to bite him.

I know, let's see 2...+4 + 1 + 4 and I don't know how many were in the other class of homeschoolers...

that's 11+. I win, according to Hoorta, who is all wet in Egypt on the subject.

• Upvote 1

Their final answer will be ,,,, GREEN!

Look, if you think you are at risk, quarantine... The rest of us need to get on about life. And I, am very high risk.. I handle high amounts of currency weekly. And if this was a TRUE pandemic, we would NOT be able to pass currency because if this were a TRUE pandemic, there would be no greater vehicle of transmission than currency.

10 hours ago, Axe said:

Their final answer will be ,,,, GREEN!

Look, if you think you are at risk, quarantine... The rest of us need to get on about life. And I, am very high risk.. I handle high amounts of currency weekly. And if this was a TRUE pandemic, we would NOT be able to pass currency because if this were a TRUE pandemic, there would be no greater vehicle of transmission than currency.

Same goes with businesses. If owners believe their shutting down is for the betterment of all, then I applaud them. The govt should have only encouraged it, not forced it.

Wait.

How did we go from homeschooling to the pandemic?