THE BROWNS BOARD

Hey gov overreach - Real America has had it with your leftism controling crap.

calfoxwc

time for the leftist governments to STOP INDOCTRINATING OUR SCHOOL KIDS.

Now that the virus crisis has shown truly what all the liberal schools have been up to -

40% say they will now home-school their kids !!!!!!

this is excellent.

https://blackchristiannews.com/2020/05/poll-40-of-families-more-likely-to-homeschool-after-pandemic-ends/

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

40% say they will now home-school their kids !!!!!!

Not at all what the survey says if you actually read any of it haha

And to think, you're the type of person that would be doing the homeschooling, continuing the cycle of inability to do any actual research

• Thanks 1

" The survey asked parents, “Are you more or less likely to enroll your son or daughter in a homeschool, neighborhood homeschool co-op, or virtual school once the lockdowns are over?” "

40% said yes. The point being there seems to be a significant current away from gov run schooling.

I liked this one

"The survey also questioned 2,122 registered voters on the issue of whether parents should be able to use tax dollars designated for education for the schooling of their choice."

The racial and political breakdowns are quite telling don't ya think sonny?

No matter how you want to spin it, this paints a picture of a significant part of the population wanting to bail from the public gov run indoctrination,, err, education system..

• Thanks 2

Again, the survey clearly did not show that "40% of parents will now homeschool their children"

Putting aside the actual, legitimate statistical concerns

If someone can't even describe what a survey is showing they have no business homeschooling their kids

I don't believe for a second most parents could teach physics, calculus, etc. 

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Again, the survey clearly did not show that "40% of parents will now homeschool their children"

Putting aside the actual, legitimate statistical concerns

If someone can't even describe what a survey is showing they have no business homeschooling their kids

The types of parents who screech about public schools and how they think they can do better are not teaching physics because that cuts into Bible study.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The types of parents who screech about public schools and how they think they can do better are not teaching physics because that cuts into Bible study.

Spoken like a true liberal. That has no basis in fact.

religion.jpg

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Do you believe for a second the homeschooled take the same standardized tests as everyone else.... and that they also attend Ivy League schools?

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

You could make a pretty good free body diagram of Jesus on the cross though to figure out the force on each nail.

Too far?

I met a few homeschooled kids at Michigan and most of them were pretty awkward. This was all early on though. I hope their 4 years helped them grow socially. 

We've seen here that growing up in an environment without any diversity isn't the best thing....

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You could make a pretty good free body diagram of Jesus on the cross though to figure out the force on each nail.Too far?

I met a few homeschooled kids at Michigan and most of them were pretty awkward. This was all early on though. I hope their 4 years helped them grow socially. 

We've seen here that growing up in an environment without any diversity isn't the best thing....

awkward? they felt awkward? because they didn't want to smoke pot and be gay and groom themselves with a featherduster like you?

they didn't think they were napoleon, like you, so THEY felt awkward?

unbelievable. sad.

We’ve done a GREAT job on Covid response, making all Governors look good, some fantastic (and that’s OK), but the Lamestream Media doesn’t want to go with that narrative, and the Do Nothing Dems talking point is to say only bad about “Trump”. I made everybody look good, but me!

awkward? they felt awkward? because they didn't want to smoke pot and be gay and groom themselves with a featherduster like you?

unbelievable. sad.

You're really losing it man. 

That's scary. I don't want to have my mind deteriorate when I'm old

unbelievable. sad.

Not what Woody is saying at all Cal. How much  interaction did they have with kids their own age? If it was limited (likely) it's odds on their social skills are going to be  stunted. 

You can be book smart and a social moron. 

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

It takes quite a bit for me to to just pause, look around like "wtf?" even though there is nobody around me and then say "judges decision?".  

This is... all kinds of cringe my guy.   You're like a straight edge kid hanging out at a Grateful Dead concert.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gorka said:

Spoken like a true liberal. That has no basis in fact.

religion.jpg

Homeschooling

Homeschooling in the United States: 2012, From the National Household Education Surveys (NHES) Program of 2012

In 2012, there were an estimated 1.8 million homeschooled students in the United States, which is an increase from 850,000 in 1999, when estimates were first reported. In addition, the estimated percentage of the school-age population that was homeschooled increased from 1.7 percent in 1999 to 3.4 percent in 2012.

Parents give various reasons for the decision to educate their children at home.

Parents' Reasons for Homeschooling Their Children (in percentages), by reasons parents gave as important and most important
Reason 2011-2012
A desire to provide religious instruction 64
A desire to provide moral instruction 77
A concern about environment of other schools 91
A dissatisfaction with academic instruction at other schools 74
A desire to provide a nontraditional approach to child's education 44
Child has other special needs 16
Child has a physical or mental health problem 15
Other reasons 37

So in 2012, 64% of  them had religious instruction as one of their rationales for homeschooling along with 77% listing moral instruction on their list of reasoning for homeschooling. Most homeschool kids are near autistic weirdos from the nutty home instruction they get and the lack of socialization. They end up getting put on play dates with kids who are exactly like them then they malfunction out in society. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not what Woody is saying at all Cal. How much  interaction did they have with kids their own age? If it was limited (likely) it's odds on their social skills are going to be  stunted. 

All the really smart kids I knew in school were not popular.  No one hung out with them.  Now they are probably retired and wealthy, lol.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

all the home schooled kids I've known, had terrific social lives with other home schooled kids. They all get together and do things.

they also get together and go to school football games, ice skating. you don't think there are any kids their own age they run around with all summer in their neighborhood?

"gosh, they don't get exposed to drugs, violence, bad sexual attitudes, anti-God sentiments, and sexual perversion up close"

sounds like a great thing, too me. It's a FREE COUNTRY. send your kids to public schools if you want to, let other parents make their own decisions on schools.

that is what I"M saying.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

All the really smart kids I knew in school were not popular.  No one hung out with them.  Now they are probably retired and wealthy, lol.

I'll give you a few opposite examples of "really smart" people I know.  One was Dr. Traynor who was one of the Medical directors when I was working. First impression? Who's this goober? And Lance was never one to show off- I found all this out over a period of months from my coworkers. Lance went to Stanford Medical School (that's #2 in the country behind Harvard). Really? BTW, Lance got a full free ride to Stanford Medical School. Yeah, right. Oh, and Lance got the highest score in the country on the MCAT- makes sense now. 

My co-season ticket holder friend Don that I went to HS and college with.  Never bothered to buy a book for honors freshman calculus, and graduated Summa Cum Laude in physics. Figured he could make more money, so went to Medical School instead. You would never guess in a million years just talking to them they're f**king geniuses, just normal people. 

OTOH one of Sue's friends that we met up with on a vacation in Curacao is the opposite. He has a Doctorate in Virtual Reality from MIT. Talking with him was more like- "the Earthlings did not understand my communication, I must rephrase more simply."   

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

all the home schooled kids I've known, had terrific social lives with other home schooled kids. They all get together and do things.

they also get together and go to school football games, ice skating. you don't think there are any kids their own age they run around with all summer in their neighborhood?

"gosh, they don't get exposed to drugs, violence, bad sexual attitudes, anti-God sentiments, and sexual perversion up close"

sounds like a great thing, too me. It's a FREE COUNTRY. send your kids to public schools if you want to, let other parents make their own decisions on schools.

that is what I"M saying.

Where did I ever say I objected to it? Don't try to read something into it.  :)  

Before the internet age, home schooling was a virtual impossibility. 

14 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I never heard of home schooling in my time.  I don't know how Cal knows all these home school kids.  And it would seem to me that not socializing at that age would have adverse affects on you when it came time to go out in the world.

That is the problem at the end. They may be mostly exposed to kids who are exactly like them and then they are shocked when not everyone drinks milk and talks bible study their freshman year of college.

• Upvote 1

Top Myths About Homeschooling
  • Homeschooling Is Only For Religious or Faith-Based Families. ...
  • Homeschoolers Don't Socialize. ...
  • Homeschoolers Are All Gifted Or Naturally Intelligent. ...
  • Homeschoolers Do Not Go To College. ...
  • Homeschooling Is Not An Accepted Form Of Education. ...
  • Homeschoolers Do Not Learn As Much As Public School Students.

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:
Top Myths About Homeschooling
  • Homeschooling Is Only For Religious or Faith-Based Families. ...
  • Homeschoolers Don't Socialize. ...
  • Homeschoolers Are All Gifted Or Naturally Intelligent. ...
  • Homeschoolers Do Not Go To College. ...
  • Homeschooling Is Not An Accepted Form Of Education. ...
  • Homeschoolers Do Not Learn As Much As Public School Students.

Homeschool facts from the company making money from homeschooling. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So what?

I would certainly put more credence in what they have to say than in what you have to say.

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Most homeschool kids are near autistic weirdos from the nutty home instruction they get and the lack of socialization. They end up getting put on play dates with kids who are exactly like them then they malfunction out in society.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Well,  with that outlook I'm thinking you're going to shit bricks if you look into the healthcare experts spouting facts, projections and recommendations on this Covid thing

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Homeschooling

Homeschooling in the United States: 2012, From the National Household Education Surveys (NHES) Program of 2012

In 2012, there were an estimated 1.8 million homeschooled students in the United States, which is an increase from 850,000 in 1999, when estimates were first reported. In addition, the estimated percentage of the school-age population that was homeschooled increased from 1.7 percent in 1999 to 3.4 percent in 2012.

Parents give various reasons for the decision to educate their children at home.

Parents' Reasons for Homeschooling Their Children (in percentages), by reasons parents gave as important and most important
Reason 2011-2012
A desire to provide religious instruction 64
A desire to provide moral instruction 77
A concern about environment of other schools 91
A dissatisfaction with academic instruction at other schools 74
A desire to provide a nontraditional approach to child's education 44
Child has other special needs 16
Child has a physical or mental health problem 15
Other reasons 37

So in 2012, 64% of  them had religious instruction as one of their rationales for homeschooling along with 77% listing moral instruction on their list of reasoning for homeschooling. Most homeschool kids are near autistic weirdos from the nutty home instruction they get and the lack of socialization. They end up getting put on play dates with kids who are exactly like them then they malfunction out in society.  

Regardless,  it still remains that your initial remark has no basis in fact. Spoken like a true lib:

The types of parents who screech about public schools and how they think they can do better are not teaching physics because that cuts into Bible study

Now as it pertains to statistics. Your data appears to be from 2012.

The one below is from 2016. It is done every 4 yrs. and apparently the 2020 survey hasn't been done yet.

Every four years, the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) conducts its National Household Education Survey (NHES). This survey provides the most comprehensive data we have on parents’ motivations for homeschooling.

https://responsiblehomeschooling.org/research/reasons-parents-homeschool/

• Thanks 1

The "Top 10" homeschooled:

• Jennifer Love Hewitt. ...
  • Doctor Condoleeza Rice. ...
  • C. S. ...
  • Erwin Schrodinger. ...
  • Tim Tebow. ...
  • Frank Lloyd Wright. ...
  • Margaret Atwood. ...
  • Whoopi Goldberg.

From the past to the present: (at first glance #54 looked like Charles Manson was home schooled lol)

1. James Madison

2. George Washington

3. Woodrow Wilson

4. Andrew Jackson

5. James Garfield

6. John Adams

7. John Quincy Adams

8. Grover Cleveland

9. William Henry Harrison

10. Thomas Jefferson

11. Andrew Johnson

12. Abraham Lincoln

13. James Monroe

14. James Polk

15. Franklin D. Roosevelt

16. Theodore Roosevelt

17. John Tyler

18. Leonardo da Vinci

19. Charles Peale

20. Andrew Wyeth

21. Claude Monet

22. Grandma Moses

23. Alexander Graham Bell

24. Thomas Edison

25. Eli Whitney

26. Orville and Wilbur Wright

27. George Patton

28. Douglas MacArthur

29. Robert E. Lee

30. Stonewall Jackson

31. Agatha Christie

32. Charles Dickens

33. Robert Frost

34. C.S. Lewis

35. Beatrix Potter

36. Louis Armstrong

37. Taylor Swift

38. Whoopi Goldberg

39. Charlie Chaplin

40. Benjamin Franklin

41. Ansel Adams

42. Margaret Mead

43. Albert Schweitzer

44. Frank Lloyd Wright

45. Sandra Day O’Connor

46. Winston Churchill

47. George Washington Carver

48. Albert Einstein

49. Elias Howe

50. Joan of Arc

51. Bethany Hamilton

52. The Bates Family

53. Sage Kotsenburg

54. Charlotte Mason

55. Michelle Kwan

56. Tim Tebow

57. Venus and Serena Williams

58. Amelia Earhart

59. Susan B. Anthony

60. Gloria Steinem

61. Abby and Zac Sunderland

62. Joseph Pulitzer

63. Condoleezza Rice

64. Colonel Harland Sanders

65. Louisa May Alcott

66. Jane Austen

67. Mark Twain

68. Robert Browning

69. Helen Keller

70. Clara Barton

71. Christopher Paolini

72. Carl Sandburg

73. George Bernard Shaw

74. John Philip Sousa

75. Hans Christian Andersen

76. Margaret Atwood

77. Irving Berlin

78. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

79. Laura Ingalls Wilder

80. LeAnne Rimes

81. Andrew Carnegie

82. Davy Crockett

83. John Burroughs

84. Robert Louis Stevenson

85. Walt Whitman

86. Isaac Newton

87. Florence Nightingale

88. Pearl S. Buck

89. Alyssa, Lauren, and Rebecca Barlow (BarlowGirl)

90. Justin Timberlake

91. Selena Gomez

92. The Jonas Brothers

93. Booker T. Washington

94. Jennifer Love Hewitt

95. Dakota Fanning

96. Ryan Gosling

97. Patrick Henry

98. Abigail Adams

99. Noah Webster

100. Sir Ernest Shackleton

Time to put it to rest assholes.