THE BROWNS BOARD

No work no free ride

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/08/about-evil-it-gets-state-reopens-ohio-urges-employers-snitch-workers-who-stay-home?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook

You can find it on other news outlets but I thought I'd post the one from the hardest left. Unfortunately given the choice people will use any excuse to stay home and collect a check, at least a lot of them. I think if workers are truly put out of work by ham-handed government shutdowns then they should get some compensation. If their job opens up again it's back to work. As it should be. Don't know what the numbers are but I would suspect that a huge amount of people don't start seriously looking for a job until unemployment is just about up.

Too many people are going to use this Panic is an excuse to slack off. Responsibility doesn't come naturally to a lot of folks.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/08/about-evil-it-gets-state-reopens-ohio-urges-employers-snitch-workers-who-stay-home?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook

You can find it on other news outlets but I thought I'd post the one from the hardest left. Unfortunately given the choice people will use any excuse to stay home and collect a check, at least a lot of them. I think if workers are truly put out of work by ham-handed government shutdowns then they should get some compensation. If their job opens up again it's back to work. As it should be. Don't know what the numbers are but I would suspect that a huge amount of people don't start seriously looking for a job until unemployment is just about up.

Too many people are going to use this Panic is an excuse to slack off. Responsibility doesn't come naturally to a lot of folks.

WSS

It's true - I have some good friends who say their coworkers are po'd about being called back into work. They wanted the summer off.

Free stuff unearned is addictive to certain types of people. Mostly liberals, and lazy liberals. and some "independents". I say that because the democratic party is gone.

JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".

It was outstanding advice. Anymore, we have a subculture that thrives on bitching and being a fake victim. Bitch about God, Christians, every single thing a republican president does, or doesn't do, bitch about any good/great solution to any problem, bitch about "the rich", if it isn't exactly like THEM, ...they hate it.

this is the song of their people:

• Thanks 1

Some of us had some shity jobs during the early days of the rock and roll band just to make ends meet. If we got laid off we would go on unemployment with a big smile on our faces. I remember having to apply for 2 jobs a week. My buddy and I went to Akron General hospital and filled out applications to be brain surgeons.

WSS

• Haha 1