THE BROWNS BOARD

Well, crap. NOW they are saying covid can enter through the eyes.

calfoxwc

I think Hoorta mentioned it, but I didn't believe it. Time to start wearing my sunglasses all the time when I'm in a store with the mask.

face shield. that's it.

dammit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8304781/Coronavirus-enter-body-eyes.html

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I think Hoorta mentioned it, but I didn't believe it. Time to start wearing my sunglasses all the time when I'm in a store with the mask.

face shield. that's it.

dammit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8304781/Coronavirus-enter-body-eyes.html

What this isn't telling you (at least I didn't see it ) is that they all ... H5N1, swine,  the bird flu, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) can be transmitted through the eyes...that's why you will see many health care workers wearing eye protection.

The bad part is that the chance of contracting it through the eyes is much greater with COVID than any of those.

... because this Coronavirus is far more infectious.

Damn, Kal... this info has been out there a couple months. Forget sunglasses, tho... really won't help. Swim goggles would tho... lol... probably would also help keep folks away from you as well... even more than normal.

It's far more likely that your fingers pick up the virus and then are transferred if you touch your eye than it is you'll pick up the virus by walking thru an aerosol from a cough or sneeze you weren't around to hear.