THE BROWNS BOARD

Why farmers dump food while grocery stores run dry and Americans struggle

Vambo

HUNGRY FOR ANSWERS

“A large portion of our food is now produced for restaurants, hotels, schools, and institutional users, about 50 percent. Those markets have effectively closed up, and there is not enough demand for home use now,” Dan Glickman, Executive Director of the Aspen Institute and former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, told Fox News. “Nor is the supply chain set up for this rapid transformation.”

I was wondering when I go to the store why they put a limit on how much milk you can buy.

In the mean time, dairy farmers are dumping thousands of gallons at the farm because of no demand?

Damn... I would have bet my stimulus check that the OP would simply say... "Patriotism".

Well at least it wasn't another Vambo video...

14 hours ago, Vambo said:

You IZ talking to the beer\wino expert here. True- one brewery in Germany was\is giving it away. The BIG problem is keg beer, unlike the picture of bottled beer has a lot shorter shelf life. Much of it is unpasteurized. You Right wingers can now rail on the EPA for part of the problem. Beer has plenty of wheat\ barley\rice (phony Bud) carbohydrates in it. You COULD just dump the spoiled product out in a cornfield somewhere as fertilizer- but NO!!!!!  

I'll add in- at least in Ohio- the bar shutdown happened right before St Patrick's Day. God only knows what happened to all that draft green beer that couldn't be sold.  :(  

One of the reports I've heard is around a billion bucks worth of beer is toast....  

Well, I'm an expert on root beer, and I can get any brand of root beer I want - it's in the stores.

Mostly because, it's a superior product that doesn't go bad. Very, very long shelf life, you know.

With root beer, I've always been ahead of the curve, professionally speaking....

• Haha 1