THE BROWNS BOARD

Why Freak Out Over Masks?

Is it really that big of an inconvenience? Why are some so angered they need to argue and threaten store clerks?

Honestly, can someone fill me in? 

Is it all just a "the government can't tell me what to do!" thing? 

I'm genuinely curious. No alternative motives here. I really want to read your replies.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Is it really that big of an inconvenience? Why are some so angered they need to argue and threaten store clerks?

I'm genuinely curious. No alternative motives here. I really want to read your replies.

Just threaten? You miss this one?  A security guard got shot and killed. :( https://www.cbsnews.com/news/calvin-munerlyn-michigan-security-guard-shot-dead-family-dollar-face-mask/

RE: the bold. Partially Woody- same mentality that you can't tell me to wear a helmet when I'm riding a motorcycle. Or you can't make me wear a seat belt in a car. Other probable reason is those who don't want to wear a mask figure the risk of them actually getting really sick from covid is minimal. 

Regarding what Vambo said- the only masks that are really effective are the N-95 ones, and there's nowhere near enough to go around. Another factor is one of my friends who works in a grocery store (LOL, beer & wine department of course) told me he's now been forced to- and hates having to wear a mask anytime he's out on the floor, which can be for hours at a time. I can sympathize with him. I've started occasionally wearing a mask when I'm out shopping, and even for 20-30 minutes, it's sort of a pain. . 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Just threaten? You miss this one?  A security guard got shot and killed. :( https://www.cbsnews.com/news/calvin-munerlyn-michigan-security-guard-shot-dead-family-dollar-face-mask/

RE: the bold. Partially Woody- same mentality that you can't tell me to wear a helmet when I'm riding a motorcycle. Or you can't make me wear a seat belt in a car. Other probable reason is those who don't want to wear a mask figure the risk of them actually getting really sick from covid is minimal. 

Regarding what Vambo said- the only masks that are really effective are the N-95 ones, and there's nowhere near enough to go around. Another factor is one of my friends who works in a grocery store (LOL, beer & wine department of course) told me he's now been forced to- and hates having to wear a mask anytime he's out on the floor, which can be for hours at a time. I can sympathize with him. I've started occasionally wearing a mask when I'm out shopping, and even for 20-30 minutes, it's sort of a pain. . 

Yes Larry we both saw that one on Facebook. The posters who keep repeating it have an agenda to make people think those were Trump supporters or paramilitary AR toting white supremacist gun nuts. This is plain old Garden variety Hoodrat violence. Security camera shows the altercation begins as soon as they enter the store between the shooter and the victim Witnesses heard something about disrespecting somebody's wife.

WSS

I have one it's a Cleveland Browns mask I wear it occasionally. The only reason I do is to ease the fears of people who might actually be afraid. On the other hand if people are truly in fear I can't imagine why they'd be shopping in Walmart or the Giant Eagle and not ordering curbside service. And if they, or you, are actually in fear, could you stop and think for a second about the gloves that the cashiers are wearing are nothing more than a fashion statement and every item they touch transfers whatever Phantom Virus as easily from a rubber glove as it does from a bare hand?

It's symbolic. 

WSS

• Upvote 1

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/960679?fbclid=IwAR2SbwuMIFSGhWTBxBV1gp9f8k8cFNtz98Ik30ylWGNE9yQPyWjffXUdAQU&section=us&keywords=surgeon-general-adams-masks&year=2020&month=03&date=31&id=960679&oref=m.facebook.com

And before you freak out yes this is Newsmax. However that doesn't mean that the quotes from the Surgeon General are false.

But if you don't believe him you are, of course, racist.

WSS

53 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Thats from the 31st of March, he changed his tune later on.

Not really Woody*. Masks are still not necessary but they suggest cloth coverings to keep people who are actually infected from coughing or sneezing virus to others. Masks are still only required for health professionals. By the way the cloth covering Center only a suggestion in places where social dismissing cannot be adhered to. Which would be, exactly, where?

WSS

*🍭

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

The only reason he said not to wear a mask is because all the Trumptards were buy them in bulk and healtcare workers couldn't even get them.

Prove it or shut up!

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm wearing a mask most of the day at work now. It really isn't that bad. Compared to what healthcare workers are going through I'm in no position to complain..l

No doubt it's not a huge hardship. But from a practical standpoint how much safer do you think you have made the workplace by wearing one?

WSS

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I have one it's a Cleveland Browns mask I wear it occasionally. The only reason I do is to ease the fears of people who might actually be afraid. On the other hand if people are truly in fear I can't imagine why they'd be shopping in Walmart or the Giant Eagle and not ordering curbside service. And if they, or you, are actually in fear, could you stop and think for a second about the gloves that the cashiers are wearing are nothing more than a fashion statement and every item they touch transfers whatever Phantom Virus as easily from a rubber glove as it does from a bare hand?

It's symbolic. 

WSS

Exactly  Steve. Who's been stocking the veggies in the produce  department?  Anyone  with covid  sneeze on those bulk carrots? To be truly  effective,  they'd have to change  gloves after each customer and wipe down the checkout  line too. 

Some have pointed out mail carriers as a possible vector.  One of my good friends with serious health issues has been quarantining his mail for a couple  days before he  opens it for exactly that reason.  

My one big concession to the virus is I wipe my  credit card with sanitizer every time I  use it . Fortunately, I bought a  quart of  it, as I  usually do to refill the small  bottles  about a  month before the  crisis  hit. 

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Exactly  Steve. Who's been stocking the veggies in the produce  department?  Anyone  with covid  sneeze on those bulk carrots? To be truly  effective,  they'd have to change  gloves after each customer and wipe down the checkout  line too. 

Some have pointed out mail carriers as a possible vector.  One of my good friends with serious health issues has been quarantining his mail for a couple  days before he  opens it for exactly that reason.  

My one big concession to the virus is I wipe my  credit card with sanitizer every time I  use it . Fortunately, I bought a  quart of  it, as I  usually do to refill the small  bottles  about a  month before the  crisis  hit. 

I spray the mail with lysol ! and I do clean my credit card with sanitizer, and use a bleach wipe to handle the gas pump handle. I use bleach wipes on all packages we get from the store. When we get Texas Roadhouse steak dinners, pickup, I empty out the food into our own plates, and throw away the foam containers, etc.

I wear a mask every time I go into any store, etc. But I don't use the rubber gloves anymore - I did for the first three weeks - I just use hand sanitizer after getting back into the car.

damn china has to pay for the entire world's suffering and deaths.

17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

This article kind of goes toward your question Woodrow. Yes it's from CNN and yes it's got at least the smell of anti Trump bulshit to it but....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/health/why-people-dont-wear-masks-wellness-trnd/index.html

WSS

oh so they're snowflakes, got it

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'll fill you in.

You must have forgotten that lefties freak out over those not wearing masks. Prominent people not wearing mask are shamed on Twitter.  Pence was ridiculed. Democrats in congress freaked out over Republicans not wearing masks.

So why can't liberals just let people make their own choices and stop acting like they think they know whats best for everyone?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

As the Libs say  " My Body My Choice "

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

I'll fill you in.

You must have forgotten that lefties freak out over those not wearing masks. Prominent people not wearing mask are shamed on Twitter.  Pence was ridiculed. Democrats in congress freaked out over Republicans not wearing masks.

So why can't liberals just let people make their own choices and stop acting like they think they know whats best for everyone?

1) Pence was in a literal hospital

2) The choices other people make affect more than just those people

3) Medical experts

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Axe said:

Who is freaking out about masks? 🙄

No one around here...

Why has no one asked the OP that simple yet poignant question?

Great point. It's a false narrative he makes up, to be able to look superior to humans.

It's a birdbrain malady - a disease that manifests itself in a rash of stupid questions and a

feverish desire to setup a chance to smart off about something he doesn't have to know anything about.