THE BROWNS BOARD

Looks Like Trump Was Right About The Coronavirus Fatality Rate Two new studies suggest that President Trump was right in early March when he guessed the fatality rate for coronavirus is under 1 percent

Vambo

The U.S. Supreme Court continually finds Pres Trump right and the leftwing demoquack sombeitches wrong.

but the TDS just keeps trying to infect Real America like covid19.

Yes, it was always going to level out to about being that low.  But given that the swine flu mortality rate was .02% at 12k deaths,  even a .5 - that's 1/2 of 1%, is a 25x greater mortality rate.

I've tried to explain this once before and it didn't take.   As we understand it, this disease is every bit as contagious as swine flu.   So if it infects the same number of people, that's over a quarter million dead.     The initial death rate before doctors and state's could begin to make something of a rigid treatment structure was always going to be the issue.   That rate has leveled off and sloooooowly declining.

These things have never been in question by any sane individual.        The only difference was, the President was going off a "hunch".   Sorry, you just can't do that.    If a doctor says "5% of our patients have died".  While I expect that number to decrease, you prepare as if 5% are going to die.  It's the right and reasonable thing to do.    Just saying "I have a hunch it will be a lot less so no need to prepare for more"  (not saying this is what Trump said, just giving an example) is poor calculation.    If you end up being right then congrats, the strategic efforts to combat infection have paid off.   If not? Then to quote Predator - "You're in a world of hurt"

IT seems to be true, that covid19 is far more contagious - hence the reason for masks,... see below

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

Differences: COVID-19 and the Flu

Cause

COVID-19: Caused by one virus, the novel 2019 coronavirus, now called severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, or SARS-CoV-2.

Flu: Caused by any of several different types and strains of influenza viruses.

Transmission

While both the flu and COVID-19 may be transmitted in similar ways (see the Similarities section above), there is also a possible difference: COVID-19 might be spread through the airborne route, meaning that tiny droplets remaining in the air could cause disease in others even after the ill person is no longer near.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00660-x

A handful of genetic and structural analyses have identified a key feature of the virus — a protein on its surface — that might explain why it infects human cells so readily.

The new virus spreads much more readily than the one that caused severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS (also a coronavirus), and has infected more than ten times the number of people who contracted SARS.

Spiky invader

To infect a cell, coronaviruses use a ‘spike’ protein that binds to the cell membrane, a process that's activated by specific cell enzymes. Genomic analyses of the new coronavirus have revealed that its spike protein differs from those of close relatives, and suggest that the protein has a site on it which is activated by a host-cell enzyme called furin.

This is significant because furin is found in lots of human tissues, including the lungs, liver and small intestines, which means that the virus has the potential to attack multiple organs, says Li Hua, a structural biologist at Huazhong University of Science and Technology in Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began. The finding could explain some of the symptoms observed in people with the coronavirus, such as liver failure, says Li, who co-authored a genetic analysis of the virus that was posted on the ChinaXiv preprint server on 23 February2. SARS and other coronaviruses in the same genus as the new virus don't have furin activation sites, he says.

The furin activation site “sets the virus up very differently to SARS in terms of its entry into cells, and possibly affects virus stability and hence transmission”, says Gary Whittaker, a virologist at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. His team published another structural analysis of the coronavirus’s spike protein on bioRxiv on 18 February3.

Several other groups have also identified the activation site as possibly enabling the virus to spread efficiently between humans4. They note that these sites are also found in other viruses that spread easily between people, including severe strains of the influenza virus. On these viruses, the activation site is found on a protein called haemagglutinin, not on the spike protein.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The U.S. Supreme Court continually finds Pres Trump right and the leftwing demoquack sombeitches wrong.

but the TDS just keeps trying to infect Real America like covid19.

Like COVID 19, TDS  should have  a number. Real America has an immunity to TDS 45.  The vaccine against TDS 45 is acknowledging the accomplishments, the (pre-COVID) state of the economy under this president, and the drive he has to make this country great unseen in any other president.  The way he talks, the way he combs his hair,  the idea that he doesn't "act presidential" and his stupid tweets are rendered inconsequential by this vaccine.. Too bad the fucktards on the left refuse to take it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Yes, it was always going to level out to about being that low.  But given that the swine flu mortality rate was .02% at 12k deaths,  even a .5 - that's 1/2 of 1%, is a 25x greater mortality rate.

I've tried to explain this once before and it didn't take.   As we understand it, this disease is every bit as contagious as swine flu.   

Well if you tried to explain it the same way you did here then no wonder it didn't take.

And COVID is more contagious than the swine flu.

Let me see.A busted clock happens to tell the correct time twice a day. Comes under the heading of throw so much shit against the wall that sooner or later something sticks. It's like a miracle. Why don't you watch the CNN Special report tonight on CNN @ 1100pm EDT. Then you will see all the rest of the shit he was wrong about and when. It's well done and well documented.

Nah, you'd rather keep telling yourselves that this moron is a genius.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I've tried to explain this once before and it didn't take.   As we understand it, this disease is every bit as contagious as swine flu.   So if it infects the same number of people, that's over a quarter million dead.     The initial death rate before doctors and state's could begin to make something of a rigid treatment structure was always going to be the issue.   That rate has leveled off and sloooooowly declining.

These things have never been in question by any sane individual.        The only difference was, the President was going off a "hunch".   Sorry, you just can't do that.    If a doctor says "5% of our patients have died".  While I expect that number to decrease, you prepare as if 5% are going to die.  It's the right and reasonable thing to do.    Just saying "I have a hunch it will be a lot less so no need to prepare for more"  (not saying this is what Trump said, just giving an example) is poor calculation.    If you end up being right then congrats, the strategic efforts to combat infection have paid off.   If not? Then to quote Predator - "You're in a world of hurt"

Please let me know if I am wrong here because I know you know what you're talking about, but there still seem to be two major precautions with studies like this:

1. The validity of any antibody testing currently available (I've heard a lot of them were rushed, lacked regulation, and can result in false positives/negatives)

2. The population the antibody testing was performed on and how exactly that compares to the overall population of the country. If this is the same study I remember looking into before (after a different, "See! See! Trump was right!" thread) these antibody tests were performed on individuals out shopping in the NY area during the pandemic. You would think that would skew the "estimated" mortality rate lower, as those more likely to die from it aren't going out and shopping. 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Let me see.A busted clock happens to tell the correct time twice a day. Comes under the heading of throw so much shit against the wall that sooner or later something sticks. It's like a miracle. Why don't you watch the CNN Special report tonight on CNN @ 1100pm EDT. Then you will see all the rest of the shit he was wrong about and when. It's well done and well documented.

The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump

Donald Trump Jr. Was Offered Advanced Access to the WikiLeaks Email Archive (CNN/MSNBC)

There was, alas, just one small problem with this massive, blockbuster story: it was totally and completely false.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CNN Explicitly Lied About Lanny Davis Being Its Source – For a Story Whose Substance Was Also False: Cohen Would Testify that Trump Knew in Advance About the Trump Tower Meeting (CNN)

There were, however, two problems with this story: first, CNN got caught blatantly lying when its reporters claimed that “contacted by CNN, one of Cohen’s attorneys, Lanny Davis, declined to comment” (in fact, Davis was one of CNN’s key sources, if not its only source, for this story), and second, numerous other outlets retracted the story after the source, Davis, admitted it was a lie. CNN, however, to this date has refused to do either:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump Aide Anthony Scaramucci is Involved in a Russian Hedge Fund Under Senate Investigation (CNN)

On June 22, 2017, CNN reported that Trump aide Anthony Scaramucci was involved with the Russian Direct Investment Fund, under Senate investigation. He was not. CNN retracted the story and forced the three reporters who published it to leave the network.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🤣 Yeah because CNN never lies! 🤣

CNN: Everything but the News

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/cnn-trump-derangement-everything-but-news/

Trump derangement, all the time: lies, smears, threats, and profanity. Viewers are noticing — and leaving.

F or a while, we thought MSNBC had temporarily usurped CNN as the font of fake news — although both networks had tied for the most negative coverage (93 percent of all their news reports) of President Trump’s first 100 days in office.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just out of curiosity who was right about the number of ventilators new York needed? Cuomo? I believe he went on television and grandstanded about how they would need 40,000. Did they need 40,000?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Just out of curiosity who was right about the number of ventilators new York needed? Cuomo? I believe he went on television and grandstanded about how they would need 40,000. Did they need 40,000?

He was basing it on the stats that were projecting the need before extreme measures were taken to shut things down. Trumpy finally got his ass in gear which did help to begin the mitigation process. He was only a month+ late because his ego and anti-science bias got in the way as usual.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Let me see.A busted clock happens to tell the correct time twice a day. Comes under the heading of throw so much shit against the wall that sooner or later something sticks. It's like a miracle. Why don't you watch the Fake News Special report tonight on CNN @ 1100pm EDT. Then you will see all the rest of the shit he was wrong about and when. It's well done and well documented.

FIFY Like you didn't see that coming from certain quarters?  :D President Lysol is the bestest ever, ever!!!

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He was basing it on the stats that were projecting the need before extreme measures were taken to shut things down. Trumpy finally got his ass in gear which did help to begin the mitigation process. He was only a month+ late because his ego and anti-science bias got in the way as usual.

I'll sit this one out Ag, the response is totally  predictable. 

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The beautiful thing about this scenario is a certain sect of person can claim victory win or lose. If the numbers were terrible they could go "look see we were right!" If the numbers are not so terrible they can go "look see we were right!"