THE BROWNS BOARD

Data Dump: Championship Game QBs.

The Gipper

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If you don’t like football and what are you doing on this board again this is just about football but very little of what you post on this board is about football. So why the fuck are you even on here.

Does this mean you didn't like my latest optical illusion?

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK that was your surface point but what was your underlying implication

That should have been obvious.

If I had just said that only one QB never made it to a Super Bowl and left it at that,  you would no doubt have come back with " Bernie did with the Cowboys"  just to prove how smart you think you are.

I was being proactive and shut that shit down.

1 minute ago, Gorka said:

That should have been obvious.

If I had just said that only one QB never made it to a Super Bowl and left it at that,  you would no doubt have come back with " Bernie did with the Cowboys"  just to prove how smart you think you are.

I was being proactive and shut that shit down.

I would not of said Bernie because Bernie did not start the Super Bowl game these are super bowl starting quarterbacks not back ups

Well, let's take this thread on another Turn.    Here from above:

Brady vs. Peyton......4 times

Brady vs.  Ben R.....2 times 

This from the past 15 years, or so.

So, who are going to be the  Brady/Peyton/BR  of the next  10-15 years.   Lets stay in the AFC for now.

I am hearing jabber on the TV today that the talking heads think that the 3 dominant QBs in the AFC over the next decade that will lead their team to the AFC title game will be   Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson.

Do you think this is reality, or not?    

Mahomes looks clearly like one of them....he has already been there twice in his two full years of starting?  But so far I am NOT convinced about the other 2.  

Looke at each division: 

Will either Darnold or Josh Allen  from the AFCE be multiple AFC title game QBs? (taking Brady out...no 10 years there)

Will Baker Mayfield break into this equation.......obviously we all hope so, but do you think so?  And if the Bitchy Pussies take Joe Burrow, will he be all that that people think, or not?  And there is Jackson in this division to deal with.  (take BR out, no 10 years there)

I also think that other than Watson, the QB situations in the AFCS are in flux.  Tannehill is a FA...but by no means do I think that he has the goods to be a decade long winner.  And do the Colts and Jags even have a starter?

In the AFCW....of course, you have Mahomes.  And Derek Carr has not established that he can be one of those guys. Drew Lock in Denver?  Clearly no data there.   And the Chargers look like they are definitely losing Rivers (who I would take out anyway). 

So, to me, that leaves us with these names for that AFC dominant QB label:

Darnold;   Allen;  Darnold; Jackson; Mayfield; Watson; Mahomes.......

Who you got to  make the original list I put on here as    3 time AFC title game starting QBs? 

Now, let's look at the NFC....it seems a bit more open here.   Who will be going to title games over the next decade, from who is in the league now:

AFCE:   Every team has a candidate:    NYG, Daniel Jones,  Dallas, Prescott,  Wash....Haskins,   Philly....Wentz

AFCS: Brees is 41, Matt Ryan will be 35 in May.  Cam Newton is 30....he could be dominant if he can be healthy...and has a Brady/Brees/BR/Rivers type of the last half of his career.    Jameis Winston?   Nothing has shown me he is going to be a consistent winner

AFCN:  Rogers will be 37 during next season.    Matt Stafford is only 31....again, the comment above about Newton applies to him:  he would need to have a real productive last half of his career.     Kirk Cousins 31.....and the comments re  Stafford and Newton apply here to him.  Mitch Trubisky....seems a longshot, but the team is tough around him. 

AFCW.   You have Russell Wilson.   I fully expect him to have Brady/Brees longevity and production..and besides, he has already appeared in 2 NFC title games and 2 SBs.  I expect to see him in a couple more.   Garropolo is in the Super Bowl,  Goff was in the Super Bowl last year,...so those 2 have a chance.    and Kyler Murray was just a rookie. 

So, I don't think I can cut this down to 6 names.  Wilson and Ryan have already appeared in 2 each.  Certainly possible if not probable for them to reach 3.   Newton, Goff and now Garropolo are starters that each have one.  They could contend. 

I am stuck:  who do you think will be the dominant NFC QBs the next decade (from current players)

While I'll not prognosticate that the loss to the Titans signals the end of Lamar Jackson's dominance, the Titans exposed his weakness and capitalized. I did hear Jim Nance say during the game that each of the Ravens' three losses was by double digits. That data shows me that he did not come back from big deficits. 

As far as Baker, I agree with your assessment of the AFC QB situation, it's pretty slim on MLK day 2020, and would say that he has a wonderful opportunity to lead his team into the competitive company of the elite.

My goal for the Browns' 2020 postseason is to see Baker during the game and not during commercial breaks.

• Upvote 1