THE BROWNS BOARD

PLAYOFF WEEK 3 - AFC and NFC CHAMPIONSHIP and NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP notes & January 19 lines.

mjp28

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Turn out the lights.... the party's over...

Congrats, gumby on your Mania win.

Where's Al Michaels when you need him?

Just now, gumby73 said:

we better hope none of these LSU receivers go with him..even Clemson's Higgins

Yeah but I don't think it will matter much, he can make winners out of any ol' pro......ala Rodgers, Brady.

And he has guts!!

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Don Meredith.

I was thinking more about....."do you believe in miracles?".  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

we better hope none of these LSU receivers go with him..even Clemson's Higgins

If I were Cinci, I'd draft at least one LSU WR to keep him company.

Not sure what to make of Higgins... seems like a bit of a pussy.

And I really don't know what to make of Lawrence... last year's playoff run impressed, but this year vs. top defenses I've seen jack... at least from his arm.

Aren't there a couple already in Cleveland?

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You mean the miracle that is Don Meredith's singing?

No I need more like the parting of the Red Sea or something like that.   In 8:51 or less.

Joe reminds me some, of watching Matt Ryan at Boston College when Steve Logan was coaching him.. like Ryan, learn not to run, but learn how to Duck! like that last Joe dive   

Well I think it's safe now Mr gumby can work on his Championship acceptance speech. Congratulations on your hard fought win !  ;)

........and geezzus I had my worst college and pro pickem and came in second in both the Survivor and bowl mania.  Nobody remembers who was second! (where did I hear that?)

But hey it was fun!

13 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Ohio State would have got buzzed by LSU!   (but almost beat Clemson)

Have to agree... would love to have tOSU CBs matchup, but LSU just has too many weapons.

... but it pissed me off the way we lost to Clemson... namely Trevor's running... he ain't all that as a runner.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Mr gumby can work on his Championship acceptance speech. Congratulations on your hard fought win !  ;)

Thanks, and i will work on that. Back to Back Champ  DUHy.gif        Skeet! ..RIP brother 🙏  

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Geeezzzus this Burrow kid is good.

And you wonder why I have him as a mortal lock going to the Bengals?  I'd trade Mayfield and our first round pick to Cinci right now for Joe, and not give it a second thought. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Not sure what to make of Higgins... seems like a bit of a pussy.

And I really don't know what to make of Lawrence... last year's playoff run impressed, but this year vs. top defenses I've seen jack... at least from his arm.

A bigger and slower version of Lamar Jackson. When LSU brought the heat, he threw some downright errant passes. 

10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Thanks, and i will work on that. Back to Back Champ  DUHy.gif        Skeet! ..RIP brother 🙏  

OK Mr gumby winning is hard repeating is really hard!   You'll see.  ;)

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

1. And you wonder why I have him as a mortal lock going to the Bengals?  I'd trade Mayfield and our first round pick to Cinci right now for Joe, and not give it a second thought. 

2. A bigger and slower version of Lamar Jackson. When LSU brought the heat, he threw some downright errant passes. 

1. Cinci probably would want more than swapping R1 picks plus Mayfield.  I was thinking about that during the game watching Burrow pick apart the undefeated and defending champions.  

2. I've always believed that the super tall QBs have built in problems, sure they can see over the lines better than a 6' to 6' 3" guy and might have a cannon arm -but- they lose a lot in mobility which can also lead to excessive hits particularly in the legs.  And a cannon arm isn't always accurate.  A matter of preference I guess.

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'd trade Mayfield and our first round pick to Cinci right now for Joe, and not give it a second thought. 

Keep going... I'd have no issues adding our 2021 #1 to that mix... and it still probably is not enough.

Keep going... I'd have no issues adding our 2021 #1 to that mix... and it still probably is not enough.

Super Joe has everything I saw in Baker at Oklahoma, but even more of it.   Yeah- put the 2019 version of Burrow on the Buckeyes, and they beat Clemson.... That's one big fish OSU let get away.... 

Just realized I don't have a comparison for Burrow. Lately it's been, "So and so is the best I've seen since Luck," but I think Burrow is better than Luck... so now I'm stuck for a comparison.

Only thing that gives me any pause in saying "better than Luck" is Luck's deeper resume, but it's only an exceedingly brief pause.

I guess I need to figure who Luck was my "best since"... maybe Carson Palmer??? Great... another Bengal draft pick... lol...

Watching the title game, Burrow is a locked in 1st overall. In all my years, I don't remember watching a college qb and

thinking "he plays like he is a pro qb already". I wonder how many high draft picks New England would have to give to Cincy to trade up? lol

TUESDAY LATE PM - report, not saying too much......yet.

Tennessee Titans

NAME POS DATE STATUS COMMENT
Adam Humphries WR Jan 13 Questionable  
Jayon Brown LB Jan 13 Questionable  
Cody Hollister WR Jan 13 Questionable

Kansas City Chiefs

Chris Jones DT Jan 13 Questionable Coach Andy Reid indicated Monday that Jones (calf) wasn't close to playing against Texans on Sunday, Adam Teicher of ESPN.com reports. "He couldn't push off," Reid said of Jones.
Morris Claiborne CB Jan 13 Questionable

Green Bay Packers

Bryan Bulaga OT Jan 14 Questionable Coach Matt LaFleur believes Bulaga had a 24-hour flu bug, and the lineman is feeling better, Matt Schneidman of The Athletic reports.
Dexter Williams RB Jan 13 Questionable  
Josh Jackson CB Jan 13 Questionable  
Danny Vitale FB Jan 13 Questionable

San Francisco 49ers

Mark Nzeocha LB Jan 12 Questionable Nzeocha left Saturday's divisional-round win over the Vikings with a stinger, Keiana Martin of the 49ers' official site reports.
Raheem Mostert RB Jan 11 Questionable Mostert told Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com after Saturday's win against the Vikings that he exited in the fourth quarter due to a cramp in his calf.

Just a little side note right now in SB 54 the AFC is a 3 point favorite over the NFC what does that tell you?  The KC/TEN side looks stronger than the SF/GB side.  Agree or disagree?    https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/superbowl/history

Some Super Bowl notes in general...... and YES our BROWNS were in the conversation preseason...... continued in the link........

Screenshot_2020-01-16_125624.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-16_130504.jpg

Another strange thing that just happened in the last weeks/months no NE/BAL in the Final Four.   At one time they were BIG favorites.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think it depends on who actually makes it.  If SFO does, I suspect they would be  favorites over anyone.  Wouldn't they?

When I looked at the individual odds it looks like KC is the favorite.  And yes the odds change every week including this one the odds right now:

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 SUPER BOWL LIV (2/2/20)
Team Odds
Kansas City Chiefs 7/5
San Francisco 49ers 3/2
Green Bay Packers 7/1
Tennessee Titans 8/1

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/20)
Team Odds
San Francisco 49ers 2/7
Green Bay Packers 11/4

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/20)
Team Odds
Kansas City Chiefs 2/7
Tennessee Titans 3/1