THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon suspended from Seahawks...ped and substance abuse.... AGAIN

calfoxwc

unbelievable. He and Calloway really hurt the Browns. It just keeps happening. I don't understand the

addiction/screwedupness thing.

Seahawks receiver Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely again ...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2019/...

20 hours ago · Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Josh Gordon, 28, was suspended indefinitely by the NFL for violating the league’s policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse, the league ...

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

Make it a lifelong ban and move on already; it's Retarded how many chances this guy gets. Does he have compromising pics of Roger?

He's Gordon's main bitch apparently...

3 hours ago, Axe said:

To throw away that much talent just boggles the mind :wacko:

Dependency is an albatross for some.. I have no doubt he's THIQ

6 hours ago, dusty said:

Surprise surprise

UM,  NOT.  

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Make it a lifelong ban and move on already; it's Retarded how many chances this guy gets. Does he have compromising pics of Roger?

I happen to agree. Just make "Indefinite" "Permanent".  The NFL has already given Gordon far too many chances. He might be willing to get treatment (yet again) for his abuse problems, but there has to be a point where the League says "We've thrown you a half a dozen lifeboats, but you just keep shooting holes in the bottom of them".  

Time to call it a career, weed is legal in Washington- so get yourself a cheapo apartment, and smoke all you want. On one of your suspensions, heard you were pretty good at selling cars. A good second career option. 

• Upvote 1

...not for nuthin'....but if it was just for grass again, then, it's getting kind of silly...

-------

I think he got caught up on his child support with this stint of paychecks.

Wanna bet he winds up broke and in jail for child support?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, hoorta said:

UM,  NOT.  

I happen to agree. Just make "Indefinite" "Permanent".  The NFL has already given Gordon far too many chances. He might be willing to get treatment (yet again) for his abuse problems, but there has to be a point where the League says "We've thrown you a half a dozen lifeboats, but you just keep shooting holes in the bottom of them".  

Time to call it a career, weed is legal in Washington- so get yourself a cheapo apartment, and smoke all you want. On one of your suspensions, heard you were pretty good at selling cars. A good second career option. 

There are a couple of weed shops right in downtown Lyons, Colorado on the way up to Estes Park. He can legally stay on a Rocky Mountain High and get paid for working there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

UM,  NOT.  

Yep. Roger's credibility is already in the shitter & yet ANOTHER suspension for JG? Is Roger the "boy who cried wolf"? Josh hasn't listened to him for YEARS!

Hey Rog, your "suspensions" are obviously meaningless...as IC stated, it's time to graduate to BAN!

Mike

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

UM,  NOT.  

I happen to agree. Just make "Indefinite" "Permanent".  The NFL has already given Gordon far too many chances. 

Were you one of the Browns season ticket holders on hand when Roger spoke to them when Gordon was suspended here? 

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Yep. Roger's credibility is already in the shitter & yet ANOTHER suspension for JG? Is Roger the "boy who cried wolf"? Josh hasn't listened to him for YEARS!

Hey Rog, your "suspensions" are obviously meaningless...as IC stated, it's time to graduate to BAN!

Mike

Enough with this guy already. I literally lost count of how many times he's F'd up. And, I'm sorry,  if this is just about weed, it makes him stupid, but not "sick."

• Like 1

I'm surprised PoG hasn't made an appearance in this thread yet proclaiming his full support for poor ol' innocent Puffy while blaming Goodell for the entire situation. Maybe he just needs to be summoned? 

PoG,   PoG,   PoG.......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm surprised PoG hasn't made an appearance in this thread yet proclaiming his full support for poor ol' innocent Puffy while blaming Goodell for the entire situation. Maybe he just needs to be summoned? 

PoG,   PoG,   PoG.......

Wrong chant. You should have said "Kevin Hogan."

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Waiting for the "This thread is locked"  notification. ㊙️

Nah Gipper. I'm not  going to be the one to lock  it. For the  same  reason  people  slow down  to  gawk at  car wrecks.  

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, D Bone said:

PoG,   PoG,   PoG.......

I'm your huckleberry...

Assuming it's "weed", were it only weed, then I'd be fine with the league giving Josh another chance... especially given it is legal in the state in which he is currently employed (assuming this was the case when the test was administered).

But this time it's not only weed... it's PEDs as well and that's a whole 'notha issue.

If on the other hand the league made the ban permanent, even solely based upon weed, then I'm fine with that as well.

I wish Josh well, but I'm just not invested in him any longer....

... and I am certainly not invested in seeing him punished as others here obviously are... but that's on them.

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But this time it's not only weed... it's PEDs as well and that's a whole 'notha issue.

Has the league actually and officially explained to the media why he's banned...specifically.  (I thought that was against some sort of privacy policy)

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm your huckleberry...

Assuming it's "weed", were it only weed, then I'd be fine with the league giving Josh another chance... especially given it is legal in the state in which he is currently employed (assuming this was the case when the test was administered).

If on the other hand the league made the ban permanent, even solely based upon weed, then I'm fine with that as well.

I wish Josh well, but I'm just not invested in him any longer....

... and I am certainly not invested in seeing him punished as others here obviously are... but that's on them.

Mmm, l think you’re reading into a headline. I caught that too and oddly got excited that it was weed AND PEDs. I’m thinking “alright, Josh is taking PEDs and sacrificing his health for the benefit of his team!” 

Which is a fucked up thing to think that THAT is a step in the right direction. 

We don’t really know the drug. Huey Lewis needs a new drug. Josh does too.

6 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

He's crazy.

tl; dr.

The "really good player he could be" was simply not plausible.  He never wanted to be a professional.  Move on.

Exactly.

Not everyone loves football like we do. Josh Gordon just happened to be way more talented at it than anyone on this board. 

I think it should give Dorsey pause on giving another player that second chance after a player had problems with dope in college....without seriously questioning whether or not the Browns can afford it when they are so......sooo very close to being able to have a huge winning season. Calloway could have been a star with his ability....

looking past Calloway, where has Njoku gone? those passes to Higgins? are they in the coaches' doghouse? Lack of work ethic?

what the heck is up with that?

anyways, I'm working on my yearly stupid mock draft, but I'm determined to believe the Browns will play a great next two games.

maybe.

crap.