THE BROWNS BOARD

Paul Finebaum: Kitchens is the worst hire in history

The Gipper

18 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

All I know is that I despise Freddie kitchens in every way possible. From him being a fat slob to being a moron hillbilly. He can't do anything right and I struggle to think of a single thing he's done well at all.  I just can't stand the guy whatsoever. I don't think I've ever soured on a coach quite this quickly. 

On a side note I just watched a special on HBO called Belichick and Saban: The art of coaching. To watch both of those legendary coaches wearing browns gear and now we have Freddie f'n kitchens. 

Christ. 

hey hey hey.....don't steal my quotes man.....fat slob and hillbilly.....those are mine....heh heh heh....good post though...

On 12/10/2019 at 4:17 PM, browns52 said:

i don't listen to the talking heads on espn for the most part....i like steven a.   most of the time....he did not like the hire either...when all the espn folks say kitchens more or less was a bad hire, then there is something to it....i think he stinks just like the rest of the team...he might be the worse hire...look at the facts...records in most penalties...bad play calling.....letting blockhead mayfield control the team.....oh wait a minute...its doctor mayfield now....he made the diagnosis on the training staff's inability to fix yodell.....what else...oh....the garrett incident....and the best of all, the fucking tshirt incident...there is probably more that i cannot think of at this time...but man this was a garbage hire by a fucking owner that don't know shit about football...

Has anyone heard about the "incident" at the Sr. Bowl where Freddie allegedly got so hammered he had to be ushered back to his room, and it was embarrassing?  I guess it was pretty bad, so they say.

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Also, I’m starting to feel that Kitchens’ play-calling ideologies require a strong offensive line.

I heard a fan call into 92.3 The Fan  and say that he watches the receivers sometimes and that they're running deep routes and by the time it's time to throw the ball to them Baker's already chucked it at somebody else or he's fled the pocket because the line can't hold up long enough.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Orion said:

I heard a fan call into 92.3 The Fan  and say that he watches the receivers sometimes and that they're running deep routes and by the time it's time to throw the ball to them Baker's already chucked it at somebody else or he's fled the pocket because the line can't hold up long enough.

That's definitely been the case for some games this year, and I can remember very vividly that this happened in our first game against the Titans.  We had OBJ running free down the field 2-3 times but we just didn't have the time for Baker to cut it loose.  I mean it was down to nanoseconds, but we just couldn't protect well enough.  This also happened in our 2nd Pittsburgh game, which as we know, was the game of the year and we choked.

However, there have also been games like last week where our OL dominated in pass blocking.  We had our best pass blocking grade of the season, yet we couldn't make the plays down the field.  To be fair, Baker missed 4 deep passes by a total of 10 inches.  OBJ and Landry each caught passes barely out of bounds, and there were others that were just a BIT off.  Still, these are the kind of plays we have to make if we're going to be explosive at all, and the deep plays down the field are exactly what has tortured us this year.  We have the best running back in the league, yet we still can't figure out a way to get points.  The Cardinals have Chandler Jones and T-Suggs, so they can definitely get after the passer.  That being said, their defense as a whole is rather pathetic, so there WILL be shots down the field available.

We just have to hit on them, which has been something we haven't been able to consistently accomplish.

23 hours ago, Orion said:

That is likely true, meaning that that is a failure to adjust on the part of the coach/play caller.

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That is likely true, meaning that that is a failure to adjust on the part of the coach/play caller.

What I want to know is, why don't we throw 4-5 buttonhook routes a game to OBJ? He often has a gigantic cushion. It seems like a good decision to get 6-8 yards when it appears so easy to get. Yet we hardly ever do it. Strange, right? Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it. 

• Upvote 1

I'm looking for Njoku on slants over the middle. Even another play where Mayfield goes out for a TD pass in the end zone again, except it will be a hand off or something .... lol