THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to receive Texans' third-rounder in Johnson trade

Vambo

Browns to receive Texans' third-rounder in Johnson trade

https://news.yahoo.com/browns-receive-texans-third-rounder-173406262.html

With Houston running back Duke Johnson active for his 10th game of the season Sunday, the Cleveland Browns will receive the Texans' third-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Boom! Good job Duke! Thank you old buddy. 

• Upvote 1

Very glad to see this result, but as some of us stated months ago, trading Duke so early on may have damaged our season. The addition of Hunt clearly unlocked our offense to some degree, and I'm assuming his role was somewhat similar to Duke's. While I feel Hunt is the more talented player, Duke has a similar repertoire and would have no doubt enabled us to extend more drives and possibly win another game or two. We gambled on Hilliard and it didn't work. I see WHY we did it, but I'm not sure it panned out. I think we just activated Njoku, so possibly he'll help us put up some points with Hunt. 

• Upvote 1

Duke brought it upon himself - didn't want to be a wr, or even only a third down back...didn't want to lose

carries because of Hunt...he decided he wanted out, so... it's too bad. Chubb-Hunt-Duke would have been able to make

NFL history maybe.

Good news is that the Texans are slowly moving up the draft board so that 3rd rounder keeps getting more valuable if they just keep the losing streak going. Blown out by the Ravens yesterday.

EDIT: Schedule is now Colts, NE, Denver, @ Tenn, @ TB, Tenn   So 4 home games. Only easy games may be @TB and Denver (home).

• Upvote 1

Basically we replaced Duke with Hunt and a 3rd round pick..... Hunt is already a major upgrade over Duke and if we can hit on the future player too, then this will be quite the roster upgrade. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

A 3rd is nice...

I don't think we've missed Duke one bit.

You really don't think we missed him one bit?  Man, that's strange to me, but I respect your opinion.  It's funny, even though we haven't had Hunt that much, he's still a guy Baker looks to on 3rd down.  Hunt has already had multiple KEY 3rd down receptions, including one against Buffalo that helped us take the lead and win the game.  He had another giant conversion on the first drive against the Steelers where he went up and made a leaping catch over the defender.  To me, a receiving back is just what the doctor ordered for Mayfield.  It's no secret that Mayfield is struggling getting the ball to our WR's, especially in the end zone.  What helps a young QB?  Running the ball and RB's that can take a short pass and get some extra yardage.  I'm very intrigued to see how our two and possibly three back sets evolve as we finish out the year.  I sincerely hope that Hunt is a changed man and we somehow find a way to keep him around.  I've heard from Browns reporters that keeping Hunt is absolutely a priority, so I guess we'll have to see.

It's definitely nice to see us getting the 3rd round pick, and it's almost hard to fathom that we got that much for him because the position is so undervalued these days.  Our 3rd rounder last year obviously hasn't panned out yet, but good ole Chad Thomas will get yet another chance this weekend to prove he's not a bust and hopefully will string together a solid game.  So far, Chad Thomas has been absolutely AWFUL, and please don't tell me that he's gotten a couple of sacks this year because his overall rating is abysmal.  He's bad rushing the passer and somehow worse against the run (his calling card btw).  Let's hope we find better talent with THIS 3rd rounder!

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

A 3rd is nice...

I don't think we've missed Duke one bit.

I think you are wrong. We definitely missed him in certain situations.  He was far more valuable than Hilliard.  With Hunt there now, some of that has been alleviated, but, no, for the first 8 games, we  could have used Duke