THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm back

Looks like you did get yourself banned Diehard. Sorry to hear it. Speaking for myself you were always good with me even on things we didn't agree on. I respect your service to our country as a Vietnam veteran. Before my brother (who also was a Vietnam veteran) passed away he introduced me to many of his Vietnam vet friends and they all were great people. I handled my brother's affairs when he was on hospice and he did not want any obituary in the paper but just a private ceremony that I conducted for his close friends many of whom were Vietnam vets. One of them said to me after the service (a little angrily) why wasn't my brother honored with an obituary or having the American Legion honoring him? He then told me something my brother never told me, that my brother was a highly decorated platoon leader. I told him that I was following my brother's wishes that he didn't want an obituary or anything but a small private ceremony with his closest friends attending. After telling him this he seemed to understand..

Anyway I wish you the best and will miss you on the BB.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:15 AM, OldBrownsFan said:

Looks like you did get yourself banned Diehard. Sorry to hear it. Speaking for myself you were always good with me even on things we didn't agree on. I respect your service to our country as a Vietnam veteran. Before my brother (who also was a Vietnam veteran) passed away he introduced me to many of his Vietnam vet friends and they all were great people. I handled my brother's affairs when he was on hospice and he did not want any obituary in the paper but just a private ceremony that I conducted for his close friends many of whom were Vietnam vets. One of them said to me after the service (a little angrily) why wasn't my brother honored with an obituary or having the American Legion honoring him? He then told me something my brother never told me, that my brother was a highly decorated platoon leader. I told him that I was following my brother's wishes that he didn't want an obituary or anything but a small private ceremony with his closest friends attending. After telling him this he seemed to understand..

Anyway I wish you the best and will miss you on the BB.

I totally agree OBF. Good man. Too bad they took him serious in a moment of anger. I was unaware you could actually get banned if you asked for it yourself and then changed your mind. I had a PM going with him when I realized he had asked for it. I was concerned about him, but he assured me he was ok and changed his mind. I guess that didn't matter and I'm sorry he's gone. Too bad they couldn't just give him a month's hiatus instead.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Why do you think he’s banned?

He asked to be banned but since he told me in confidence why he asked, I cannot go into detail. All I can say is he changed his mind and withdrew the request. But as we were told if you complain to the owner she will ban you. She made it clear she does not want people bugging her. I guess it did. Maybe Steve could shed more light than I.

11 minutes ago, hammertime said:

He’s not banned

I would refer you to Zombo's post of Wed. @ 9:46 am. at the top of the football board the thread entitled "Reporting Posts To Me............"

Zombo had to ban him under Kathy's order.

If you have evidence to the contrary how about sharing it rather than just making a blanket declaration.

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I totally agree OBF. Good man. Too bad they took him serious in a moment of anger. I was unaware you could actually get banned if you asked for it yourself and then changed your mind. I had a PM going with him when I realized he had asked for it. I was concerned about him, but he assured me he was ok and changed his mind. I guess that didn't matter and I'm sorry he's gone. Too bad they couldn't just give him a month's hiatus instead.

I can understand where Kathy the owner of the site is coming from. After losing her husband last year suddenly and unexpectedly I can imagine hearing the complaints and squabbles on the BB seem trivial and petty (and they are) after what she endured. I never knew her husband but I can tell by the comments on this board he was very well liked. Even Diehard when he asked to be banned commented how much he liked her husband Stan.

By nature a forum like this will bring about arguments and squabbles but we take this too seriously and there are more serious things in life we should be concerned about. Speaking for myself I just try to have fun posting here and try not to take offense to anything. I was concerned Diehard might be having some problems too with some of his recent posts and got the feeling he asked to be banned due to some problems he was having. When he changed his mind and asked not to be banned I was hoping he might be shown a little leniency and given a 30 day suspension instead of a total ban. I know Kathy had an ironclad rule she did not want to hear the complaints and I understand why but I hoped she would re-consider in Diehards case. He is military veteran and long time member of this forum who likely in a fit of anger or discouragement (and really all us Browns fans have been pushed past our patience limits with a team that constantly under performs) made a mistake.We all make them. I'm still hoping they might reconsider Diehards case.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gorka said:

He may be banned from the BB but they can't ban him from our hearts...that's what Hammer was trying to say dummy.

You deduced all that from that dearth of information below? How brilliant you are!!💎🕶️

22 hours ago, hammertime said:

He’s not banned

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not even opening it.

So you never heard said that when someone has passed they are really not dead because they are still with us in spirit or in our hearts? "DH is not banned"...it was a joke, get it?

Hammer please confirm for this dense Texan.

You guys are way too quick to contol, modify and ban content. Very lame. Why are people so afraid of different ideas? I have heard, racist, sexist, homophobic and just hateful content that is allowed and even provided by mods. References to female body parts that make a typical dad want to throw down.

But if you disagree with the wrong person......

Who modify's content? That is not the norm. 

You guys are kinda sad in here. It does not have to be like that.

5 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

You guys are way too quick to contol, modify and ban content. Very lame. Why are people so afraid of different ideas? I have heard, racist, sexist, homophobic and just hateful content that is allowed and even provided by mods. References to female body parts that make a typical dad want to throw down.

But if you disagree with the wrong person......

Who modify's content? That is not the norm. 

You guys are kinda sad in here. It does not have to be like that.

I LOVE YOU GUYS! NEVER CHANGE!

FIFY!😂

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

Not even opening it.

So you never heard said that when someone has passed they are really not dead because they are still with us in spirit or in our hearts? "DH is not banned"...it was a joke, get it?

Hammer please confirm for this dense Texan.

Just leave him hangin' hammer. LOL!😁

BTW ya didn't need to open it. Title should have been self explanatory for a man of your intellect.🤩